Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25 DI MKII Moving Coil Cartridge Overview
The Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25 DI MKII Moving Coil Cartridge is designed for authentic playback of early 25 micrometer mono recordings with 33 RPM and 45 RPM. It features a spherical stylus profile and offers a remarkable level of sonic accuracy. Ortofon’s careful approach to record trace technology is what makes this phono cartridge the ideal device for the playback of early 25 micrometer mono recordings. Featuring a 1.5 mV output, the turntable stylus is compatible with a wide assortment of medium-gain moving coil transformers. Moreover, the Orton ST-M25 moving coil transformer was specifically engineered for the SPU Mono CG 25 Di MkII and SPU Mono CG 65 Di MkII so listeners will experience the ideal fit between their turntable cartridge and record collection. Experience first-class handling between vinyl and cartridge with the SPU Mono CG 25.
- Moving coil (MC) turntable cartridge delivers detail, accuracy and less distortion of sound
- Spherical stylus profile with an R 25 micrometer tip radius
- SPU Mono CG 25 phono cartridge is designed to for playback of early 25 micrometer mono recordings with 33 RPM and 45 RPM
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5 cm/sec: 1.5 mV
- Frequency response: 20 to 15,000 Hz +3/-1 dB
- Tracking ability (315 Hz, lateral): 60 micrometers
- Tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Provides authentic playback with a remarkable level of sonic accuracy
- 1.5 mV output suitable for use with a variety of medium-gain moving coil transformers
- Compatible Ortofon ST-M25 moving coil transformer is designed exclusively for the SPU Mono CG 25 Di MkII and SPU Mono CG 65 Di MkII
- Crafted with ground wood and resin composite body and High Purity copper coilwire materials
- Dimensions: 0.75" H X 0.70" W
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- Output voltage at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec: 1.5mV
- Frequency response: 20 - 15,000Hz + 3/-1dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: >60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 7 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 25 µm
- Tracking force range: 3.0 - 4.0g (30 - 40mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 3.5g (30mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 6 ohm
- Recommended load impedance: >100 ohm
- Cartridge body material: Ground wood and resin composite
- Coilwire material: High purity copper
- Cartridge color: Shiny black
- Cartridge weight: 37g
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- SPU Mono CG 25 DI MKII Moving Coil Cartridge
Customer Reviews for Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25 DI MKII Moving Coil Cartridge (Black)
It was completely worth it, and then some. If you have a collection of mono microgroove LPs and 7” and 10” records from the late 1940s until @ 1958 or so, this cartridge will change the way you hear everything. Ella and Sonny and Dexter and Frank will be in the room with you. Orchestral and chamber music will make you cry.
It’s not so much that the cartridge reproduces the music alone; it also captures the space of the studio, the walls, the feel of human beings playing and singing in an enclosed acoustic space.
I linked this cartridge to an audio time machine. It’s the closest that you will feel to being in the same room with Rudy van Gelder and experiencing what he experienced six or more decades ago.
My only regret is that I didn’t buy one sooner.