True to Music with Tremendous Clarity
The Cadenza Blue model uses a Nude FG 70 stylus with a very thin ruby cantilever, and the coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire. The soundstage of Cadenza Blue is wide open and grandiose straight out of the box. Micro dynamic and ambience will be evident when listening to complex compositions.
The people at Ortofon are constantly looking for new technology to be used in their products and push the performance of existing technology. Thus they assure the highest level of performance and quality. The Kontrapunkt models and MC Jubilee became market standards and are among their most popular cartridges. Nevertheless, Ortofon decided to develope a new cartridge series that is even more ambitious.
By carefully implementing cobalt-iron pole pieces, new and improved winding process on the armature, and using extruded aluminum housing in the models as well as other changes, Ortofon has been able to reveal new possibilities in performing the analogue information. It was also decided to make a more complete range of cartridges, which meant an introduction of a moving coil Cadenza Mono model to support customers who have an extended interest in micro groove mono records.
- Output voltage at 1kHz, 5cm/sec.: 0.5mV
- Channel balance at 1kHz: <1.2dB
- Channel separation at 1kHz: >23dB
- Channel separation at 15kHz: >15dB
- Frequency range at -3dB: 20Hz - 50kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +2/-1
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 12μm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude FG 70 on Ruby cantilever
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/70
- Tracking force range: 2.2g - 2.7g (22 - 27mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 2.5g (25mN)
- Tracking angle: 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 5 ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 50 - 200 ohm
- Cartridge body material: Stainless steel aluminum
- Cartridge weight: 10.7g
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MC Cadenza Blue Moving Coil