Consider These Expertly Selected Alternatives
Regular Price: $499.00
Save: $150.00 (30%)
Ortofon High Output MC Cartridges
In 1948, Ortofon introduced the world's first moving coil cartridge. Since then, the MC principle has been universally acknowledged as the ultimate sonic performance. With the introduction of the first High Output X Series cartridges, Ortofon demonstrated that it is possible to produce MC cartridges with sufficiently high output to eliminate the need for addtitional step-up devices without compromising the construction principles and unique sound quality of moving coil designs.
Ortofon High Output Series cartridges offer you the opportunity to enjoy legendary pure Ortofon Moving Coil sound without the notorious disadvantages of costly extra step-up devices.
The high output voltage of the High Output series cartridges is compatible with the normal MM phono input of any amplifier.
- The MC-3 Turbo takes high output Moving Coil cartridges a step further, with a high polished, nude fine line diamond.
- It also has a 3.3mV output, which is perfect for use with virtually any Moving Magnet (MM) phono preamps.
- The Nude Fine Line diamond resolves a high level of detail and provides expansive stereo imaging.
- Output voltage at 1kHz, 5cm/sec.: 3.3mV
- Channel balance at 1kHz: <1.5dB
- Channel separation at 1kHz: >24dB
- Channel separation at 15kHz: >15dB
- Frequency range at -3dB: 20Hz - 30kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +4/-1dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: >70μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 13μm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/40
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0.75mg
- Tracking force range: 1.8g - 2.2g (18 - 22mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 2g (20mN)
- Tracking angle: 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 100 ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 47 ohm
- Cartridge body material: Black
- Cartridge weight: 4.1g
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MC-3 Turbo Moving Coil