Origin Acoustics OS66 Seasons On-Wall Outdoor Speaker - Origin Acoustics' OS66 On-wall outdoor speaker with 4x8-inch glass fiber woofer, dual passive radiators, and aluminum dome tweeter
The most popular speaker in the Seasons Collection, the OS66 has just the right blend size and performance to impress everyone who has the chance to hear it. Built around a 4x8-inch woofer and a 1-inch dome tweeter this sleek and attractive enclosure is at home anywhere in the backyard, pool area or sports court.
A different shape and a different attitude, the outdoor speakers in the Position Collection speakers are designed to be mounted just about anywhere. They will project incredible sound from exterior walls, under eaves, on pillars and architectural elements or even freestanding on exterior furniture. These speakers are made from tough and durable injection molded ABS plastic that has been shaped into acoustically tuned cabinets to compliment the hand-selected drivers.
Origin Acoustics OS66 On-Wall Outdoor Speaker Features:
- Every Seasons loudspeaker features either an Injection Molded Graphite (IMG), Glass Fiber or Kevlar woofer. These materials assure quick accurate response due to their light weight and rigidity. They are also extremely weather resistant for years of dependable performance in most any environment.
- Pristine high frequencies are produced from an aluminum dome tweeter that cuts through background noise and allows the sounds of sibilance and instrumental details to float above the fray. Being aluminum they are also rugged and impervious to the elements.
- More bass in outdoor environments is always a plus. A passive radiator allows deeper bass frequencies that resonate inside the enclosure to find their way into the musical mix. It acts like a tuned port, increasing bass response, but keeping the enclosure sealed up tight. This keeps the moisture and other elements out, dramatically extending the life span of the speaker. In the case of the Position Collection, Origin Acoustics istalking about dual passive radiators for even more impressive bass response.
Adjustable Bass Level Switch
- Frequency response changes dramatically based on the placement of a loudspeaker. The ability to adjust the bass output is very important as the speaker will need to produce more bass when mounted on a pole or pillar but substantially less bass when mounted in the intersection of two adjoining walls. This switch has three levels of adjustment and lets the installer tailor the sound for the specific installation.
Conceal Bracket System (CBS)
- An adjustable, integrated bracket secures the speaker to any surface. The bracket attaches to the speaker after which two end caps snap into place and a hand tightened nob screws down locking the speaker in place while sitting flush with end cap. The result is a very clean installation that allows the speaker to be pointed at the listening area.
Built to Last
- All the sound quality in the world would be of no value if the speakers were unable to survive the environment in which they are installed. Origin Acoustics knows how punishing winter cold and snow or blistering hot summer sun can be. The ABS plastic in our enclosures is mixed with an anti-UV ingredient to resist sun damage and the material itself is designed to survive the harshest winters. The drivers were designed to function in all weather extremes. Even the mounting hardware, grilles and accessories were selected with the effects of the elements in mind. The entire Seasons Collection is rugged, durable and guaranteed to last.
- Multiple shapes and sizes in the Seasons Collection allow for tremendous flexibility in creating total coverage in any exterior space. Regardless of the layout of your landscape, no matter how many nooks and crannies or the extent of the space, your sound system can be custom tailored to provide every area with a smooth blend of musical enjoyment.
Dimensions: 7" x 13" x 7"