The Origin Acoustics Composer LCR66 is capable of creating a properly reproduced musical performance or action-packed movie scene. Using the Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm, this Origin Acoustics in-wall speaker has a dramatically improved high-frequency performance and decreased distortion.
In-Wall LCR With Dual 6.5-Inch Glass Fiber Woofers, Exclusive DPSD Tweeter Technology And SnapLock Tool-Less Mounting System.
So much of a movie or musical performance is created by the blend of instruments and sound effects that, properly reproduced, create a sense of reality. The Composer LCR66 is capable of doing just that. Its balance of artistic design and advanced technology creates an experience that emotionally moves the audience.
Origin Acoustics LCR66 Composer In-Wall Speaker Features:
Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm (DPSD)
- A patented innovation that dramatically improves high-frequency performance, the DPSD radiator uses a unique suspension design that maintains the tweeters alignment throughout a larger frequency range. The suspension is attached at both the voice-coil and the peak of the dome allowing the driver to be crossed over at a much lower frequency. This results in improved dispersion and decreased distortion.
- The dual-woofer driver configuration of the LCR 15 Better results in increased bass response in a thin vertical footprint. Two 6 ½-inch drivers are responsible for this effect. These woofer cones are made of glass fiber making them very light and rigid. Mounting the tweeter between the two woofers limits vertical dispersion reducing floor and ceiling bounce while horizontal dispersion is wider, expanding the optimal listening position.
- Two switches on the baffle and behind the grille allow for fine-tuning of the system by attenuating bass and treble response. Placement of the speakers is often affected by the room layout and placement of the television and furniture. The ability to adjust the frequency response of each speaker to compensate for adjacent walls and other architectural features is very important.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability. This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone. The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality. These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Spring Into Action
- Securely mounting the speaker inside the wall is a necessity for full fidelity performance. The unique SpringLock mechanism in the Composer Collection clamps against the inside of the drywall creating uniform torque at each pressure point. This assures that the baffle will not warp and the integrity of the seal between the baffle and the drywall will remain constant.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a thin bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
Origin Acoustics LCR66 Composer In-Wall Speaker Specifications:
- Model Number: LCR66
- Part Number: SWML14600
- Tweeter Dome: Silk DPSD
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone: Glass
- Woofer Diameter: 6.5" (165mm)
- Dimensions: 7 1/2" x 15 1/4" (190 x 386mm)
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 watts - 150 watts
- Sensitivity: 89dB +/- 3dB
- Depth: 3 3/4" (95mm)
- Cutout Dimension(s): 6 5/8 x 14 3/8" (168 x 364mm)