LCR38 Composer 10" LCR In-Wall Speaker With 3.5" Woofers - In-Wall LCR With Dual 3.5-Inch Kevlar Woofers, Exclusive DPSD Tweeter Technology And SnapLock Tool-Less Mounting System.
When space becomes a major consideration, finding a speaker that is both diminutive yet still packs a punch is not easy. Fortunately the Composer LCR38 fits the bill. It borrows from the technology of its larger siblings and delivers remarkable sound quality in a package that is downright tiny. But, don’t let its size mislead you. This is real sound for installations that require the smallest footprint possible.
Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm (DPSD)
- A patented innovation that dramatically improves high-frequency performance, the DPSD radiator uses a unique suspension design that maintains the tweeters alignment throughout a larger frequency range. The suspension is attached at both the voice-coil and the peak of the dome allowing the driver to be crossed over at a much lower frequency. This results in improved dispersion and decreased distortion.
- The dual-woofer driver configuration of the Composer LCR38 results in increased bass response in a thin vertical footprint. Two 3-inch mid-woofers are responsible for this effect. These drivers are carefully crafted from layers of Kevlar® fibers chosen for their lightweight and remarkable strength. Mounting the tweeter between the two woofers limits vertical dispersion reducing floor and ceiling bounce while horizontal dispersion is wider, expanding the optimal listening position.
- Two switches on the baffle and behind the grille allow for fine-tuning of the system by attenuating bass and treble response. Placement of the speakers is often affected by the room layout and placement of the television and furniture. The ability to adjust the frequency response of each speaker to compensate for adjacent walls and other architectural features is very important.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability. This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone. The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality. These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Spring Into Action
- Securely mounting the speaker inside the wall is a necessity for full fidelity performance. The unique SpringLock mechanism in the Composer Collection clamps against the inside of the drywall creating uniform torque at each pressure point. This assures that the baffle will not warp and the integrity of the seal between the baffle and the drywall will remain constant.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a thin bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
- Model Number: LCR38
- Part Number: SWML10800
- Tweeter Dome: Silk DPSD
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone: Kevlar
- Woofer Diameter: 3.5" (89mm)
- Dimensions: 5-1/4" x 10-1/4" (134 x 262mm)
- Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 watts - 80 watts
- Sensitivity: 90dB +/- 3dB
- Depth: 3-3/4" (95mm)
- Cutout Dimensions: 4-3/8" x 9-1/2" (122 x 240mm)