Origin Acoustics Director D82 DT/SUR 8" In-Ceiling Speaker With Surround Switch - Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker Featuring An 8-Inch IMG Woofer, Dual Aluminum Tweeters And Zip-Clip Mounting System
What about sound in those areas that don’t require or even allow for a stereo pair of speakers? The Origin Acoustics Director D82 DT/SUR will reproduce both the left and right channels from a single speaker. Now bathrooms, hallways, even walk-in closets can be filled with music. Or, with the flip of a switch, the DT can be turned into a dedicated rear-channel surround speaker.
Origin Acoustics Director D82 DT/SUR In-Ceiling Speaker Features:
Hand Selected Drivers
- Choosing the right drivers is part of the blend of art and technology that creates Origin Acoustic’s signature sound. The 8-inch woofer cone in the Origin Acoustics Director D82 DT/SUR is made of injection-molded graphite which offers low mass while consistently holding the driver’s shape. The aluminum dome tweeter pivots up to (?) degrees allowing the installer to direct the critical high frequencies toward the listening area.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability. This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone. The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality. These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Zip-Clip Mounting System
- It is important when installing a loudspeaker in the ceiling that it be stable and secure, restricting the vibration of the assembly and limiting transfer of energy into the wall. The revolutionary Zip-Clip system spreads the weight of the speaker over a larger area than typical mounting systems accomplishing this result with minimal effort. Spring-loaded clips also create more uniform pressure against the drywall eliminating any warping or distortion of the speaker baffle.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a micro bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
Origin Acoustics Director D82 DT/SUR In-Ceiling Speaker Specifications:
- Model Number: D82DT/SUR
- Part Number: SCD2T80200
- Tweeter Dome: Aluminum
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone: IMG
- Woofer Diameter: 8" (203mm)
- Frequency Response: 38Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 watts - 125 watts
- Sensitivity: 89dB +/- 3dB
- Depth: 5 3/8" (135mm)
- Diameter: 9 5/8" (244mm)
- Cutout Diameter: 8 3/4" (222mm)