D62 DT/SUR Director - Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker Featuring A 6.5-Inch IMG Woofer, Dual Aluminum Tweeters And Zip-Clip Mounting System
Music everywhere has never been easier. The Director D62 DT/SUR will reproduce both left and right channels from a single speaker. This means small rooms, hallways, and even walk-in closets can be filled with music. It is often these ancillary living areas that are most enhanced by distributed sound. In its stereo configuration it can also be mixed and matched with other DT’s or stereo pairs.
D62 DT/SUR Features:
Switch It Up
- The flexibility of the Director D62 DT/SUR doesn’t end with its single-speaker stereo capability. A switch on the back of the speaker can convert it to a dedicated surround speaker in a bipole configuration. This enhances dispersion enveloping the listener in rear-channel ambience in home theater applications.
Hand Selected Drivers
- Choosing the right drivers is part of the blend of art and technology that creates Origin Acoustic’s signature sound. The 8-inch woofer cone in the Director D62 DT/SUR is made of injection-molded graphite which offers low mass while consistently holding the driver’s shape. The aluminum dome tweeter pivots up to (?) degrees allowing the installer to direct the critical high frequencies toward the listening area.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability. This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone. The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality. These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Zip-Clip Mounting System
- It is important when installing a loudspeaker in the ceiling that it be stable and secure, restricting the vibration of the assembly and limiting transfer of energy into the wall. The revolutionary Zip-Clip system spreads the weight of the speaker over a larger area than typical mounting systems accomplishing this result with minimal effort. Spring-loaded clips also create more uniform pressure against the drywall eliminating any warping or distortion of the speaker baffle.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a micro bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
D62 DT/SUR Specifications:
- Tweeter Dome: Aluminum
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone: IMG
- Woofer Diameter: 6.5" (165mm)
- Frequency Response: 48Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 watts - 125 watts
- Sensitivity: 89dB +/- 3dB
- Depth: 5-3/8" (135mm)
- Diameter: 9-5/8" (244mm)
- Cutout Diameter: 8-3/4" (222mm)