Origin Acoustics Composer LCR64 6.5" In-Wall LCR Speaker - Origin Acoustics' LCR64 in-wall LCR with dual 6.5-inch IMG woofers, butyl rubber surrounds, pivoting DPSD silk dome tweeter, adjustable tweeter levels and the patent pending SnapLock tool-less mounting system.
Making the most of its various components is the entire focus of the Origin Acoustics Composer LCR64. Sweet, flowing musical movements and dramatic movie soundtracks are equally addressed by this impressive combination of art and technology. Discreetly installed into the wall it will deliver on a promise of beauty and high-performance.
Origin Acoustics Composer LCR64 In-Wall Speaker Features:
Dual Plane Stabilized Diaphragm (DPSD)
- A patented innovation that dramatically improves high-frequency performance, the DPSD radiator uses a unique suspension design that maintains the tweeters alignment throughout a larger frequency range. The suspension is attached at both the voice-coil and the peak of the dome allowing the driver to be crossed over at a much lower frequency. This results in improved dispersion and decreased distortion.
- The dual-woofer driver configuration of the LCR 15 Better results in increased bass response in a thin vertical footprint. Two 6 ½-inch drivers are responsible for this effect. These woofer cones are made of injection-molded graphite which offers low mass while consistently holding the driver’s shape. Mounting the tweeter between the two woofers limits vertical dispersion reducing floor and ceiling bounce while horizontal dispersion is wider, expanding the optimal listening position.
- A switch on the speaker baffle, behind the grille, allows the installer to fine-tune the speaker’s performance through treble adjustment. This is essential as the speaker’s proximity to adjacent walls and soffits can dramatically affect frequency response.
X-Wave Woofer Surround
- While in motion, frequencies between 700-1,400 Hz typically run up the cone of a woofer and are reflected back and forth from the center of the driver. This creates unwanted harmonic distortion. The X-Wave surround found in Origin woofers absorbs these frequencies reducing distortion and maintaining driver stability. This design also maximizes cone area by reducing the width of the surround.
- As the driver travels to the limits of its excursion, the suspension, made up of the spider and the surround, becomes more rigid, exerting more control on the movement of the cone. The result is increased, clean power output throughout the driver’s frequency range.
Compression Molded Woofer Baskets
- Utilizing the latest techniques and materials in plastic fabrication, Origin is able to create basket designs with superior stability and acoustic neutrality. These baskets combine with the driver suspension to increase linearity and improve overall performance.
Spring Into Action
- Securely mounting the speaker inside the wall is a necessity for full fidelity performance. The unique SpringLock mechanism in the Composer Collection clamps against the inside of the drywall creating uniform torque at each pressure point. This assures that the baffle will not warp and the integrity of the seal between the baffle and the drywall will remain constant.
- A paintable, perforated grille with a thin bezel covers the entire speaker assembly and leaves a discreet finished appearance. Its magnetic attachment makes removing or replacing the grille fast and easy.
Origin Acoustics Composer LCR64 In-Wall Speaker Specifications:
- Model Number: LCR64
- Part Number: SWML14400
- Tweeter Dome: Aluminum
- Tweeter Diameter: 1" (25mm)
- Woofer Cone: IMG
- Woofer Diameter: 6.5" (165mm)
- Dimensions: 7 1/2" x 15 1/4" (190 x 386mm)
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 watts - 150 watts
- Sensitivity: 90dB +/- 3dB
- Depth: 3 3/4" (95mm)
- Cutout Dimension(s): 6 5/8 x 14 3/8" (168 x 364mm)