The Optoma ZU650 is a lamp-less projector with laser phosphor technology, eliminating the need for lamp and filter replacements, providing 20,000 hours of low-cost operation. The ZU650 is a ProAV installation projector with low-weight, quiet operation and 5 lens options. The ZU650 is the perfect projector solution for museums, boardrooms, higher education, house of worship and smaller entertainment venues. Equipped with a variety of inputs, including HDBaseT and HDMI, the ZU650 allows you to connect to a wide variety of HD devices to easily display your content. Using the HDBaseT port facilitates easy installations running up to 328' with a single CAT6 cable for: Video, Audio and Control.
- 6000 Lumens WUXGA Laser
- 360° and Portrait Mode operation
- 5 interchangeable lenses options
- Built-in HDBaseT via RJ45 port.
- H/V Lens Shift and Keystone
- Light Source Life up to 20000 Hrs
- Motorized Zoom, Focus and Lens Shift
Superb image quality is at the heart of every ProScene product design. At every step, commencing with the incredibly reliable, high resolution WUXGA DLP® chip, where the image is initially created, via the laser-phosphor light source, through to the precision optics to focus the image on screen, accuracy and integrity of the image are paramount. ProScene chose DLP® technology for its image quality and unmatched reliability. The reflective nature of DLP® micro-mirror technology provides highly efficient bright images with great contrast whilst maintaining precise color accuracy and natural, real-world color reproduction. For demanding professional applications, the proven reliability of DLP® technology makes it the obvious choice.
Better than full HD resolution
Where detail really matters, the full WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution offers 15% more pixels than 1080p and 60% more than SXGA+. This enables unscaled Full HD video and extra detail. Time code information can be displayed onscreen at the same time, perfect for soundtrack recording and video editing where precise timing can be critical.
High quality glass optical elements maintain optimum sharpness and focus uniformity over the entire image. The ProScene insistence on uncompromising optical quality ensures extremely low color flare and chromatic aberration resulting in a crystal clear, high contrast image.
All ProScene projectors are designed for continuous 24/7 operation. Only the most reliable, industry proven components are used to ensure superior reliability. This hard-earned “capability” has been meticulously developed over a decade of designing and supporting millions of projectors the world over. The dust-sealed, filter-free design prevents dust and dirt from affecting the system – ensuring optimal image quality with minimal maintenance. ProScene customers can therefore be confident that, as one of the most reliable projector brands in the industry today, Optoma has a reputation for service excellence that is well deserved.
Some installation applications such as control rooms, simulations and museum exhibits do not require the full brightness of the ZU650. In this case lowering the brightness can extend the laser-phosphor light source life span and “constant brightness” modes can be enabled to keep the brightness more consistent for longer without the need for costly lamp changes.
DLP® technology from Texas Instruments® is widely recognised and acclaimed for its unmatched reliability and long lasting image performance. When combined with high brightness and native contrast ratios, it becomes the obvious choice for demanding applications. Independent testing has proven DLP® to be the most reliable of projector technologies. Whilst other technologies may show image quality decline after only a few thousand hours, DLP® technology can remain unchanged over hundreds of thousands of hours.
Enhanced color gamut
The laser-phosphor light source provides benefits such as a sealed mercury free optical design to prevent dust entering the projector, minimal warm-up and cool-down time, and long life light source operation of up to 20,000 hours with minimal maintenance.\
To help meet the seemingly limitless challenges of ProAV installations the ZU650 provides 5 lens options with motorized zoom and focus to ensure you can get the image size you require. Motorized lens shift helps you get the image exactly where you want it. There are 5 optional lenses, all of which can be easily adjusted via motorized lens-shift, zoom and focus.
Edge blending controls
No two projectors are completely identical. When performing complex, or even simple edge-blend projects using multiple projectors, it can be difficult to achieve good results if the images do not match. The ZU650 incorporates the following features to ensure high quality and consistent results:
The brightness of a projector will vary throughout its life. To correctly match multiple units, the ZU650 has multiple light source power options to achieve the correct matched brightness level.
360° and portrait projection capability
Images can be projected over a full 360° range along the vertical axis, including reproduction on a ceiling or floor. The projector can also be placed in portrait mode for applications such as digital signage or for tall thin projection areas.
Quick start-up and shutdown
The ZU650 features quick start-up and shutdown and reaches full brightness quickly. To maximise energy saving it also includes a ‘pause projection’ feature where the light source can be completely shut off. Unlike conventional lamp based projectors, the laser-phosphor light source requires minimal cool-down time.
In situations where only absolute darkness is good enough, the ZU650 has an ExtremeBlack mode to provide total blackout. Perfect for scene changes during live performances where traditionally a mechanical shutter would be used.
The ZU650 has a color matching system, which combined with accurate measurements can create seamless blends every time.
HDBaseT simplifies cabling requirements and reduces installation complexity saving both time and reducing costs.
The ZU650 features both a Kensington lock and security bar for enhanced theft prevention.
Custom ID colors
The ZU650 is available in black as standard.
System integration control
Multiple ZU650 can be monitored over LAN and also provide the user with an email message alert in case an error occurs or a light source fails or needs to be replaced, using Crestron RoomView. While the web browser interface and full support for Extron’s IP Link, AMX dynamic device discovery and PJ-Link protocols, allow almost all aspects of the ZU650 to be controlled across a network, keeping you in control, wherever you are.
Cut up to 30% from your energy bills using 24-hour automated power scheduling to ensure that projectors power off when not in use.
Check on/off status of display power and system power. View a bar graph to monitor the percentage of available projector light source usage and set an alert to notify the services department when maintenance is needed.
A visual indication of light source or service interval status.
RoomView Express makes scheduling of recurring or one time events easy. Setting RoomView to automatically power down at midnight throughout the week can save valuable light source life and ensure security inside the facility.
Selected view by rooms, attributes or contacts
RoomView Express gives you the ability to simultaneously view more than 250 rooms from a single screen. Customise RoomView to view by room name, locations and group.
Automatically generates log files, reports and charts to analyze ROI and budget allocation. Track device usage, call statistics and user history.
- Display Technology: Single DMD, 0.67" WUXGA DMD, Type A, DC3 DLP® Technology by Texas Instruments™
- Native Resolution: WUXGA 1920 x 1200
- Brightness: 6000 centre lens (5,500 ANSI lumens)
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1 ExtremeBlack enabled (2000:1 full on/off) 250:1 ANSI
- ANSI Ratio: 250:1
- Lamp Life Bright: 20000 (hrs)
- Lens Options: BX-CTA15 (Short Throw) Throw ratio: 0.75-0.95:1; BX-CAA01 (Semi Short) Throw ratio: 0.95-1.22:1; BX-CAA02 (Standard) Throw ratio: 1.22-1.53:1; BX-CAA03 (Long Throw); Throw ratio: 1.52-2.92:1; BX-CTA13 (Ultra Long) Throw ratio: 2.90-5.50:1
- Throw Ratio: 0.75:1~5.5:1 (interchangeable lenses)
- Zoom Type: Motorized
- I/O Connectors: Input ; 1x HDMI (version 1.4) (with locking screw), 1x DVI-D (only support digital signal), 1x VGA (D-Sub 15pin) (Computer In), 1x HDBaseT, 1x Component (Y/Pb/Pr), Output, 1x VGA Out (Support VGA) (Monitor Out), Control, 1x RS232 (D-sub 9 pin) (PC Control), 1x Wired in (3.5mm) (Remote In), 1x Wired out (3.5mm) (Remote Out), 1x USB, type A (for WiFi), 1x Mini USB (for LAN), 1x Mini USB, 1x IR Receiver, 1x RJ45 (LAN)
- Keystone Correction: ± 40° Vertical
- Weight: 39.7 lbs (18 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.1” x 7.7” x 20.1” (485 x 196 x 510 mm)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10 native, 16:9/4:3 compatible
- Projection Screen Size: 50" ~ 300"
- Projection Distance: 2.6'–115' (0.8~35 m)
- Projection Lens: (No standard lens supplied) 5x lenses to choose from 5 lens options
- Uniformity: 85%
- Maximum Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
- Computer Compatibility: UXGA, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, WXGA, HD, WUXGA, Mac
- Video Compatibility: SDTV / EDTV / HDTV
- Horizontal Scan Rate: 15kHz to 100kHz
- Vertical Scan Rate: 25Hz to 85Hz
- Displayable Colors: 16.7 million
- Noise Level (Eco mode): 35 Typical (570W) 33 Eco (300W))
- Power Supply: AC input 100–240V @ 50–60 Hz, auto-switching
- Power Consumption: 570W ±15% Max (Bright), 300W ±15% Max (ECO)
- Lamp Type: Laser Phosphor
- Operating Conditions: 41~104°F (5~40°C)
- Security: Kensington® lock port, security bar
- On Screen Display: 18 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Finnish, Swedish,Greek, Norwegian/Danish, Hungarian, Czech
- Remote Control: IR and wired remote
- Standard Accessories: ZU650 projector, AC power cord, VGA cable, remote control, batteries, multilingual CD-ROM user’s manual, basic user manual, and warranty cardl
- Optional Accessories: Universal ceiling mount, Optoma screen, wireless HDMI system, Optional lenses
- Optional Wireless: Yes
- 360’ Operation: Yes
- Portrait Mode: Yes
- Color Wheel: 4 Segment RYGB
- Conformances: CE, TUV-GS, CB
- RoHS: Compliant
- Projection method: Front, rear, ceiling mount, table top
- Features: 5 x optional Lens, motorized full lens shift, Crestron RoomView®, PJ-Link, 360° operation
- Warranty: 3-Year Optoma Express Service
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- ZU650 projector
- AC power cord
- VGA cable
- Remote control
- Multilingual CDROM user’s manual
- Basic user manual, and warranty card