Our take on the Onkyo TX-NR757
Feel like you’re inside the action with the Onkyo TX-NR757 receiver with Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos moves sound around you in three dimensional-space, to place you in the middle of your favorite movie. This receiver delivers 180 watts of distortion free power creating realistic sound. The smooth analog signal and dynamic audio amplification create an immersive movie experience and ultimate audio enjoyment.
Stepping up to THX® Theater Reference Sound is easy with this Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™-ready powerhouse. Behind the sleek front panel are discrete hi-current amps delivering 180 Watts of distortion-free power. AccuEQ room acoustic calibration features AccuReflex to clearly focus the latest object-based soundtracks f or an immersive movie experience. Music lovers can stream audio from mobile apps such as
Spotify via Google Cast™, AirPlay, and Wi-Fi®. As well as controlling your home theater entertainment, the Onkyo Remote App lets you send any audio source wirelessly from the receiver to a compatible speaker in another room using FireConnect™ technology. The TX-NR757 is also ready for easy custom installation with features such as RS232, IR Input and 12 V Trigger Out.
The TX-NR757 brings thrilling cinematic sound into your home. Its THX certification guarantees the same high volume, low distortion audio heard in commercial theaters.
This receiver meets the most demanding & rigorous performance certification: in 2,000 tests it passed 75 test categories, covering 14,000 data points. THX® Select2™ Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 10-12 feet.
Made for Control and Custom Installation
The TX-NR757 includes system integration connectivity such as RS232 with support for 2-way communication with 3rd party home automation systems. An infrared (IR) input allows pass-through of IR signals to control other devices connected to the TX-NR757, such as a TV or Blu-ray player. The 12 volt trigger can be used to raise/lower a projection screen, power on/off an external amplifier or open/close the drapes with the touch of a button. A detachable power cord and an optional rack mount kit make for easy installation.
The TX-NR757 Powered Zone 2 brings audio to speakers connected to the receiver into a second room. With the dedicated Zone 2 DAC for Net & SPDIF, you can send internet audio and digital audio sources connected via coax or optical (such as Apple TV) to your second listening zone. Also, Zone 2 A/B speaker selection lets you double-up your zone 2 speaker selections.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Backed by 70 years of experience building high-grade audio components, the TX-NR757 amplifies accurate, noise-free signal processing with high-current power for dynamic speaker control. The result is pure, rich and authentic sound.
Onkyo's dynamic audio amplification delivers massive power at 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven)/ 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven).
Smooth Analog Signal
Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the audio signal to its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal.
Supports Dolby Atmos® Up to 5.1.2 Channels
Dolby Atmos moves sound around you in three-dimensional space, so you feel like you're inside the action. The TX-NR757's Dolby Atmos decoding transports you from the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Sound designers and artists mix in a 3D space, steering effects through surround channels and adding a seamless overhead dimension with discrete height channels.
Additionally, the Dolby surround up-mixer processes content not mixed for Dolby Atmos to fill the flexible speaker layouts of a Dolby Atmos system.
DTS:X is an object-based surround sound technology that includes height channels for a fully-immersive listening experience. DTS:X provides listeners flexibility, immersion, and interactivity. You will be able to personalize your audio experience, for example, by turning up JUST the dialog within a mix. DTS:X allows you to customize to your room layout as well as control dialog and dynamic range.
(DTS:X functionality via Summer 2016 firmware update.)
4K UltraHD Video Performance
The TX-NR757's HDMI specifications and HDCP 2.2 compatibility support the latest formats being released by Hollywood. The latest HDMI specs offer a significant increase in bandwidth (up to 18Gbps) to support new features such as 4:4:4 color space and 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution. The TX-NR757 enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, with BT.2020 support, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
The TX-NR757 also effortlessly upscales 1080p video to stunning 4k UltraHD.
Bluetooth / Wi-Fi® with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
The TX-NR757 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built in. Stream virtually any audio from a smartphone, tablet or PC to your home theater for powerful sound.
With Spotify, Pandora, and TuneIn built-in, you can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices to internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet.
Further, Tidal and Google Cast will be operable with an upcoming firmware update.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
AccuEQ adds AccuReflex for 2016
AccuEQ conducts two measurements- one to set the level, distance and crossover for ALL speakers, including the subwoofer. Choose to include or bypass EQ measurement for front left and right speakers, and choose to automatically or manually set the EQ. Further, you can save your own manual EQ settings into three available presets.
The new AccuReflex technology aligns the phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update will enable any audio source connected to the receiver (from vinyl to streaming audio) to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect Powered by Blackfire to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
FireConnect™ is a technology developed by Blackfire Research. Multi-room audio enabled by this technology requires an optional Onkyo wireless speaker scheduled for release in summer 2016. Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility of its A/V receivers with other devices featuring FireConnect™. Please consult the Onkyo website for further announcements regarding these technologies.
- THX®-Certified Amp Quality
- 180 W per Channel
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for Clear and
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Ready up to 5.1.2 Ch
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Technology
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Google Cast™and AirPlay
- Bluetooth Audio / Wi-Fi® with Pandora, Spotify, and Tidal
- HDMI® 8 In / 2 Out Including 1 Front In (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Phono Input and Hi-Res Audio Playback
- DTS:X™ New-Generation Sound Format Ready
- Supports Dolby Atmos® Format for Exciting Multidimensional Sound
- THX® Select2™ Plus Certified for Theater Reference Sound
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals for UltraHD Entertainment*2
- Supports HDCP 2.2 and HDR for Future 4K/Full HD Video Streaming and Broadcast*1
- Built-in Wi-Fi® Certified Wireless LAN Capability
- Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer DSP Technology
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Subscription Services Included (TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer)*3
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and Dolby® TrueHD)
- Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality (Bluetooth Audio Included)
- Control and Stream with Free Onkyo Remote Streaming Apps foriPod touch®/iPhone®*4 and Android™ Devices*5
- Powered Zone 2, Zone 2 A/B and Zone 2 Line Out for Distributed Analog/Digital Audio Playback in Another Room
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
- 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC); 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for a Thrilling Audio Experience
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- High Current Amp Design to Effectively Drive the Speakers
- Non-Phase Shift Amp Circuits for Realistic Imaging
- VLSC™ for a Clear Audio Experience
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/ 7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- USB 2.0 Port
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- 2 Component Inputs
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Location-Numbered Speaker Terminals
* 3.5mm pin jack type.
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Simple Remote Control
- RS232 Port
- 12 V Trigger Out
- IR Input
- Detachable Power Cord
- Optional Rack Kit
*1 HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out.
*2 6G video is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update.
*4 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later.
*5 Requires Android 2.1 or later.
- # Channels 7.2
- Power Watts/Ch (6 Ohms 1kHz, 1 Channel Driven, FTC) 180, 1.0% THD
- Power Watts/Ch (8 Ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) 110, 0.08% THD
- Dynamic Audio Amplification Y (for Clear and Realistic Sound)
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Y
- Non-Phase Shift Amplifier Y
- THX Certified Y
- Continuous 6 Ohms Rated Y
- Certified 4 Ohms Performance -
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry Y
- 3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry -
- PUSH-PULL Design -
- Independent Block Construction (Amp/Preprocessor) -
- High-Grade Toroidal Transformer -
- Independent Power Supply -
- Bi-amp Capability For Front Y
- 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1.0% THD, 1 Channel Driven)
- 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- 250 W (3 Ohms, Front)
- 220 W (4 Ohms, Front)
- 130 W (8 Ohms, Front)
THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)
- 0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, Half Power)
Damping Factor -
Input Sensitivity and Impedance
- 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line/Unbalanced)
- 3.5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono/MM)
Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance
- 200 mV/2.3 k-ohms (Zone 2 Line Out)
- 1 V/470 ohms (Subwoofer Pre Out)
Maximum RCA Output Level and Impedance -
- 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- ±10 dB, 90 Hz (Bass)
- ±10 dB, 7.5 kHz (Treble)
- 106 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- 80 dB (Phono, IHF-A)
- 6 ohms–16 ohms
- Dolby Atmos Y
- 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine Y
- Dolby Decoder Atmos, True HD, DD Plus
- DTS:X Y
- DTS Decoder DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio
- ONKYO GAME Surround Modes Y (Rock, Sports, Action, RPG)
- VLSC for Noiseless Audio Processing Y (Fronts)
- THX Processing Mode Y
- CinemaFILTER -
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Y (w/ AccuReflex)
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost Y
- Direct/Pure Mode Y / -
- Pure Direct Analog Path Mode -
- Advanced Music Optimizer Y
- 384K/32 Bit DACs Y
- 192K/24 Bit DACs -
- Video Section
- Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance -
- 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Component Y)
- 0.7 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Composite)
Component Video Frequency Response
- +0 dB, -3 dB
Tuning Frequency Range
- FM 87.5 MHz–1070.9 MHz
- AM 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
FM/AM Preset Memory
- 40 stations
- Analog Audio IN 8
- Phono Input Y
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) 2 / 1
- Composite Video I/O 2 / 0
- Component Video I/O 2 / 0
- Front Panel HDMI Y
- Front-Panel A/V 1 (Analog)
- USB Input Y (Rear)
- HDMI I/O 8 / 2 (Main/Sub)
- HDMI 4K/60 Hz- Capable HDMI Terminals Y
- HDCP 2.2 Copy-Protection Compatibility Y
- HDMI Support for High Dynamic Range Y
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC Y
- BT.2020 Support Y
- HDMI Support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync Y
- HDMI Support for DVD-Audio, SACD, Multichannel PCM Y
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion Y
- 1080p to 4K Upscaling Y
- 4K Passthrough Y
- Analog Pre-Outs Subwoofer (x2)
- Speaker A/+B -
- Powered Zone 2 Y (and Zone 2 A/B)
- Powered Zone 3 -
- Zone 2 Line Out Y
- Zone 2 Video Out -
- Zone 2 Digital to Analog Audio Conversion Y (Net/SPDIF)
- Zone 3 Line Out -
- Whole House Mode -
- FireConnect Multi-room Audio Y
- Airplay Y
- Google Cast Y
- Supports Onkyo Remote App Y
- Internet Radio Capable Y
- Spotify Connect Support Y
- Tidal Y
- Streaming Audio From PC / Network Y
- Hi-Res Streaming Audio Formats Y
- Streaming Audio From USB memory Y
- Wireless Network Y
- Bluetooth Y (Built-in)
- RS-232 Y
- IR Input Y
- IR Output -
- Ethernet Y
- ONKYO-RI System Control -
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) Y
- 12V Trigger Y
- AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- 600 W
No-Sound Power Consumption -
Standby Power Consumption
- 0.1 W
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17 1/8" x 6 13/16" x 14 7/8"
- (435 x 173.5 x 378 mm)
- 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Pre-Programmed Remote -
- Hybrid Standby Function Y
- Smart Grid-Ready Y
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic.AccuEQ w/ AccuReflex
- OSD Out Y
- Solid Aluminum Front -
- Transparent High-Grade Speaker Terminals -
- Detachable AC Cord Y
- Warranty 2 YEARS
What's in the Box
What's In the Box
- (1) Onkyo TX-NR757 A/V Receiver
- Indoor FM antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Speaker set-up microphone
- Instruction manual
- Remote controller
- AAA (R03) batteries x 2