Consider These Expertly Selected Alternatives
This Package Includes:
- 1 - Onkyo TX-NR656 7.2 Channel A/V Wireless Network Receiver HDCP2.2/HDR DTS & Bluetooth
- 1 - Infinity Primus PS410 10" 300W Powered Subwoofer
TX-NR656 7.2 Channel A/V Wireless Network Receiver HDCP2.2/HDR DTS & Bluetooth
Backed by 70 years of experience building high-grade audio components, the TX-NR656 amplifies accurate, noise-free signal processing with high-current power for dynamic speaker control. The result is pure, rich and authentic sound.
Onkyo's dynamic audio amplification delivers massive power at 170W/ch (6 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 channel driven)/ 100W/ch (8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven).
Smooth Analog Signal
Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the audio signal to its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal.
The TX-NR656 Powered Zone 2 brings audio to speakers connected to the receiver into a second room. With the dedicated Zone 2 DAC for Net & SPDIF, you can send internet audio and digital audio sources connected via coax or optical (such as Apple TV) to your second listening zone.
Supports Dolby Atmos Up to 5.1.2 Channels
Dolby Atmos moves sound around you in three-dimensional space, so you feel like you're inside the action. The TX-NR656's Dolby Atmos decoding transports you from the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Sound designers and artists mix in a 3D space, steering effects through surround channels and adding a seamless overhead dimension with discrete height channels.
Additionally, the Dolby surround up-mixer processes content not mixed for Dolby Atmos to fill the flexible speaker layouts of a Dolby Atmos system.
DTS:X is an object-based surround sound technology that includes height channels for a fully-immersive listening experience. DTS:X provides listeners flexibility, immersion, and interactivity. You will be able to personalize your audio experience, for example, by turning up JUST the dialog within a mix. DTS:X allows you to customize to your room layout as well as control dialog and dynamic range.
4K UltraHD Video Performance
The TX-NR656's HDMI specifications and HDCP 2.2 compatibility support the latest formats being released by Hollywood. The latest HDMI specs offer a significant increase in bandwidth (up to 18Gbps) to support new features such as 4:4:4 color space and 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution. The TX-NR656 enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, with BT.2020 support, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
The TX-NR656 also effortlessly upscales 1080p video to stunning 4k UltraHD.
Bluetooth / Wi-Fi with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
The TX-NR656 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth technologies built in. Stream virtually any audio from a smartphone, tablet, or PC to your home theater for powerful sound.
With Spotify, Pandora, and TuneIn built-in, you can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices, to Internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet.
Further, Tidal and Google Cast will be operable with an upcoming firmware update.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean, and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
AccuEQ adds AccuReflex for 2016
AccuEQ conducts two measurements - one to set the level, distance, and crossover for ALL speakers, including the subwoofer. Choose to include or bypass EQ measurement for front left and right speakers, and choose to automatically or manually set the EQ. Further, you can save your own manual EQ settings into three available presets.
The new AccuReflex technology aligns the phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update will enable any audio source connected to the receiver (from vinyl to streaming audio) to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect Powered by Blackfire to an optional speaker placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
- DTS:X ready and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 channels
- 170W per channel
- Wireless audio streaming with Google Cast and AirPlay
- Bluetooth audio / Wi-Fi with Pandora, Spotify, and Tidal
- HDMI 8 In / 2 Out including 1 Front (HDCP 2.2 / HDR)
- Dynamic audio amplification for realistic sound
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect Multi-Room Technology
- Phono input and Hi-Res audio playback
- 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- DTS:X new-generation sound format ready
- Supports Dolby Atmos format for exciting multidimensional sound
- THX® Select2™ Plus certified for theater reference sound
- 4K/60Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI terminals for UltraHD entertainment*2
- Supports HDCP 2.2 and HDR for future 4K/Full HD video streaming and broadcast*1
- Built-in Wi-Fi certified wireless LAN capability
- Bluetooth specification Version 4.1 (Compatible profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with advanced music optimizer DSP technology
- Internet Radio and music streaming subscription services included (TuneIn Radio, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer)*3
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and Dolby TrueHD)
- Digital and analog audio transmission to optional wireless speaker via FireConnect technology
- AccuEQ room calibration featuring AccuReflex Technology for seamless object-based sound from compatible speakers (mic included)
- Advanced music optimizer to improve compressed digital audio quality (Bluetooth audio included)
- Control and stream with free Onkyo remote streaming apps for iPod Touch/iPhone 4, and Android devices*5
- Powered Zone 2, Zone 2 A/B and Zone 2 Line Out for distributed analog/digital audio playback in another room
- Bi-amping capability for front channels
- 180W/ch (6 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 channel driven, FTC)
- 110W/ch (8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Dynamic audio amplification for a thrilling audio experience
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) massive high power transformer
- High current amp design to effectively drive the speakers
- Non-phase shift amp circuits for realistic imaging
- VLSC for a clear audio experience
- Optimum gain volume circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning circuit technology for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit digital signal processing engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-dimensional virtual surround function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/ 7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- USB 2.0 port
- Mass storage class USB memory playback capability
- 2 component inputs
- 2 composite video inputs
- 3 digital audio inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 analog audio inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono input for turntable connection
- 2 parallel subwoofer pre-outs
- Location-numbered speaker terminals
* 3.5mm pin jack type.
- Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V sync control (Up to 500ms in 5ms steps at 48kHz)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with quick setup
- Hybrid standby function with HDMI pass-through
- Tone control (bass/treble) for front L/R channels
- 3-Mode display dimmer (normal/dim/dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM random presets
- Firmware updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for system control
- Simple remote control
- RS232 port
- 12V trigger out
- IR input
- Detachable power cord
*1 HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out.
*2 6G video is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
*4 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later.
*5 Requires Android 2.1 or later.
Infinity PS410 Primus 10" 300-Watt Powered Subwoofer
Prepare to raise your expectations. Experience home entertainment at a new level of clarity and realism. From unobtrusive bookshelf systems, to dazzlingly powerful home theaters, there's an Infinity Primus system that's right for every purpose and room in your home. Most other speaker systems in the Primus price range sound as if they are spraying their sound at you tinny, hollow, and reproduced a copy of a copy. With its MMD transducer technology and seamless component architecture working in unison to eliminate unwanted resonance modes, the Infinity Primus PS410BK doesn't spray - it immerses, rolling over the listener with warm, rich sound the way live music does. Combine the Primus PS410BK with any one of our powerful MMD-equipped floorstanding loudspeakers or bookshelf speakers, and it will fill any room with dramatic and well-defined sound. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it's well within your reach.
- Powered subwoofer
- Single 10" (254mm) MMD low-frequency driver
- 27Hz - 150Hz frequency range
- 300 watts RMS
- 500 watts peak
- 50Hz - 150 Hz. 24dB/octave continuously variable
- Legendary Infinity engineering - speaker components seamlessly work together as an integrated system
- Extremely low resonance enclosures - hear music exactly as it was recorded
- Tweeter waveguides improve on-and-off-axis high-frequency response
- Precision crossover networks
- Patented MMD transducers significantly improve cone performance, providing ideal rigidity and resistance to precision sound across the entire spectrum
The Infinity Primus PS410BK - Not Just Loud. Accurate
Let's be honest - there's not a whole lot to a subwoofer. It's one big speaker that likes to get loud and shake pictures off the wall. So what separates a good sub from the not-so-good? It's more than power. Give anything enough juice and it will get loud. The secret to a good powered subwoofer is its accuracy and clarity. With the Infinity Primus PS410BK's Metal Matrix Diaphragm technology and low resonance enclosures, it possesses excellent transient frequency response - agile and sharp - and music is clean and movies rumble. Hear music the way it was meant to be heard, and experience a film score like never before, without the speaker changing or altering the sound - precisely as it should be. With its superb linear frequency response, you can fill any room with sound you can feel. Got an older system? Bring it to life with an Infinity Primus PS410BK subwoofer. Give your system a soul - just make sure you've secured your pictures to the wall first.
Primus. Where Home Theater Begins
The Infinity Primus PS410BK is the perfect home theater companion. Give any film score that extra rumble and powerful bombast. Experience the cacophony of your favorite battle or chase scene with the clarity and soul of a movie theater experience. The Primus PS410BK brings long-term, plug-and-play, trouble-free enjoyment to home theater - unheard of at this price point - and it is the perfect complement to any 5.1- or 7.1-channel home theater system.
Patented MMD Transducer Technology
Derived from Infinity's patented CMMD technology, the Metal Matrix Diaphragm (MMD) approach continues the company's tradition of using advanced materials to improve sonic accuracy. These diaphragms are much stiffer than standard metal ones - by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core, they were able to significantly improve cone performance and outperform cones made of paper, polypropylene or Kevlar material. By virtue of its extreme rigidity and resistance to resonance, MMD material is far more than just another diaphragm substance. It is an ideal diaphragm material for the ultimate listening experience. Sound propagates at a higher velocity in metals than in materials such as polymers and papers. Sound will travel through MMD material nearly twice as fast as it will through any other cone material - thus, moving unwanted resonances outside the audible range.
Superior Infinity Engineering
The Infinity Primus PS410BK's speaker drivers, baffles, cabinets, and wave-guides are designed to work seamlessly together as an integrated system - fitting together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It begins with the ultra-precise transducers - the beating heart of the Primus PS410BK. MMD technology doesn't change color or distort audio signal sound the way diaphragms made of other materials do. This combines with the Primus speaker's low-resonance enclosures to compound the precision qualities of the transducer, further eliminating mechanical distortion.
Infinity - Legendary Reputation. Uncompromising Craftsmanship and Sound
With the Infinity Primus PS410BK, you not only experience the cutting edge in high-performance transducer technology and sound reproduction, you experience the cutting edge from the makers of Infinity products - some of the world's most innovative, high-quality audio equipment. The road to the Infinity Primus Series is a road lined with dozens of audio milestones: The Infinity Servo Statik 1a - the world's first powered subwoofer. The EMIT (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter) device. The revolutionary IRS speaker - the world's first "reference" loudspeaker. The Prelude MTS speaker - the world's first powered tower speaker. Since 1968, innovative Infinity technologies, materials, and manufacturing techniques have advanced the science of sound, and have set new standards in loudspeaker technology and performance. Infinity Primus Series speakers benefit from every Infinity innovation that has come before. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it's well within your reach.
Onkyo TX-NR656 7.2 Channel A/V Wireless Network Receiver
- All channels
- 170W/ch (6 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 channel driven, FTC)
- 100W/ch (8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- Dynamic power
- 240W (3 ohms, front)
- 210W (4 ohms, front)
- 120W (8 ohms, front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)
- 0.08% (20Hz - 20kHz, half power)
- Input sensitivity and impedance
- 200 mV/82 k-ohms (Line)
- 3.5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)
- Rated RCA output and impedance
- 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Zone 2 Line Out)
- 1 V/470 k-ohms (Subwoofer Pre Out)
- Phono overload
- 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency response
- 10Hz - 100kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Tone control
- ±10dB, 90Hz (Bass)
- ±10dB, 6.5Hz (Treble)
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- 106dB (Line, IHF-A)
- 8 dB (Phono, IHF-A)
- Speaker impedance
- 6 ohms - 16 ohms
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Component Y)
- 0.7 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 1.0 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Composite)
- Component video frequency response
- +0 dB, -3 dB
- 87.5 MHz - 1070.9 MHz
- 530 kHz - 1,710 kHz
- FM/AM Preset Memory
- 40 stations
- Power supply
- AC 120V~, 60Hz
- Power consumption
- Standby power consumption
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17 1/8" x 6 13/16" x 14 7/8"
- 22 lbs.
Infinity Primus PS410 10" 300W Powered Subwoofer
- Crossover frequencies: 50Hz - 150Hz, 24dB/octave, continuously variable
- Frequency response: 27Hz - 150Hz
- Amplifier power (RMS): 300W
- Amplifier power (Peak): 500W
- Low-frequency transducer: 10" MMD
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12 1/2" x 15 3/4" x 16 1/2"
- Weight: 38.6 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 - Onkyo TX-NR656 7.2 Channel A/V Wireless Network Receiver HDCP2.2/HDR DTS & Bluetooth
- Indoor FM antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Speaker set-up microphone
- Instruction manual
- Remote controller
- AAA (R03) batteries x 2
- 1 - Infinity Primus PS410 10" 300W Powered Subwoofer