Get your home theater started the right way with this Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver with Infinity Primus PS312 12" 400W Powered Subwoofer Package. For us, bundling this subwoofer with this receiver was a no-brainer. By combining the booming power of the 400W sub with the high-quality 170-watt-per-channel receiver, you'll be able to catch each crash and booming bass note from every scene. And you can build an entire speaker system around this bundle, too!
This Receiver & Speaker Package includes:
- Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver
- Infinity Primus PS312 12" 400W Powered Subwoofer (Black)
This Receiver & Speaker Package includes:
- Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver
- Infinity Primus PS312 12" 400W Powered Subwoofer (Black)
Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver
Onkyo TX-NR646 Highlights:
- DTS:X Support
- Dolby Atmos Support
- 170 W per Channel
- Hi-Current Amp Design for Authentic Sound Reproduction
- HDMI 8 In / 2 Out Including 1 Front
- HDMI & HDCP 2.2 for 4K UltraHD
- Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi with Pandora, Spotify, and AirPlay
- DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio Capable
- 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration
Onkyo TX-NR646 Features:
- DTS:X is a next-generation object-based surround sound technology that includes height to deliver a fully-immersive listening experience. DTS:X provides listeners the ultimate in flexibility, immersion, and interactivity. Unlike channel-based audio, you will be able to personalize your audio experience. For example, you can turn up JUST the dialog within a mix. DTS:X allows you to customize to your room layout as well as control dialog and dynamic range.
Supports Dolby Atmos Up to 5.1.2 Channels
- With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead. The format combines a channel-based audio bed with object-oriented sound to place and move specific effects around the room, creating a breathtakingly realistic and captivating sonic atmosphere.
- Sound designers and artists are free to mix in a 3D space, steering effects through surround channels and adding a seamless overhead dimension with discrete height channels.
- Additionally, a new Dolby surround up-mixer allows for your current channel-based content (that has not been mixed for Dolby Atmos) to be expanded to fill the flexible speaker layouts of a Dolby Atmos system.
Hi-Current Amp Design for Authentic Sound Reproduction
- From the quietest dialog passages to booming action scenes, Onkyo's exclusive amplification technology dramatically enhances the audio dynamics of your movies, music and games.
- This Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT) is at the core of Onkyo's signature sound. The innovative amplifier design is comprised of three key elements:
- (1) a low negative feedback design for punchy, true-to-life sound, and cleaner audio across the frequency ranges;
- (2) closed groundloop circuits to reduce individual circuit noise and keep the ground potential free of distortion; and
- (3) a high instantaneous current to handle big dynamic gains.
- This allows massive power at 170 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC) and 100 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC).
HDMI 8 In / 2 Out Including 1 Front (4K UltraHD / HDCP 2.2)
- All HDMI terminals support 4K/60Hz, as well as HDCP 2.2 for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting.
Bluetooth Audio / Wi-Fi with Spotify and AirPlay
- The TX-NR646 has AirPlay, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built in. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal hi-res audio via network-attached devices to internet streaming services to music on your smartphone and tablet. Or pair up and enjoy whatever's playing on your Bluetooth-compatible device for huge cinematic sound.
- This receiver comes loaded with Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker and TuneIn. You can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone. You'll never be short of your favorite music to enjoy.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
Classic Analog & Hi-Res Digital
This receiver is engineered for hi-res analog and digital audio. You can spin your classic vinyl and hear it in all its analog glory and stream your networked hi-res digital files. Both analog and digital audio sound its warmest and clearest. The TX-NR646 supports hi-res audio playback, gapless playback, and the ability to play DSD, Double DSD, FLAC and ALAC along with other Hi-Res formats.
Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Outs
The TX-NR646 features Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 line-outs. This lets you assign two channels to power audio in a room equipped with speakers. An existing hi-fi system in a third room can also be connected via the line-out, enabling the use of the A/V receiver as a pre-amp and audio server.
Onkyo TX-NR646 Advanced Features:
- # Channels: 7.2
- Power Watts/Ch (6 Ohms 1kHz, 1 Channel Driven, FTC): 170, 0.9% THD
- Power Watts/Ch (8 Ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC): 100, 0.08% THD
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply): Massive High Power Transformer
- Continuous 6 Ohms Rated
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Independent Power Supply: x2
- Bi-amp Capability For Front
- Dolby Atmos
- 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine: Dual DSP for Powerful Advanced Processing
- Dolby Decoder: Atmos, True HD, DD Plus
- DTS Decoder: DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio
- ONKYO GAME Surround Modes: Rock, Sports, Action, RPG
- AccuEQ Room Calibration: Advanced
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost: for Deep Bass and Clear Mid-Range
- Pure Mode
- Advanced Music Optimizer: Bluetooth Included
- 384K/32 Bit DACs: AKM4458
- Audio I/O: 7 / 0
- Phono Input
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX): 2 / 1
- Composite I/O: 3 / 0
- Component Video I/O: 2 / 0
- Front Panel HDMI
- USB Input: Rear
- HDMI I/O: 8 / 2
- HDMI 4K/60 Hz- Capable HDMI Terminals: HDR Support
- HDCP 2.2 Copy-Protection Compatibility: 3 in / 2 out
- HDMI Support for High Dynamic Range
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC
- HDMI Support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync
- HDMI Support for DVD-Audio, SACD, Multichannel PCM
- Analog To HDMI Upconversion: from 480i/576i
- 4K Passthrough
- Analog Pre-Outs: Subwoofer (x2)
- Powered Zone 2
- Zone 2 Line Out: Fixed
- Zone 2 Digital to Analog Audio Conversion: S/PDIF, NET, USB
- Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Supports Onkyo Remote App: iPod touch/iPhone and Android-Powered Devices
- Internet Radio Capable: Pandora, Spotify, Sirius, Slacker, Aupeo!, TuneIn
- Spotify Connect Support
- Streaming Audio From PC / Network: DLNA, Home Media
- Hi-Res Streaming Audio Formats: Apple Lossless, DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz, Dolby TrueHD, FLAC 192/24, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA
- Streaming Audio From USB memory
- Wireless Network: Wi-Fi-Certified
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- ONKYO-RI System Control
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI)
- Learning Remote
- On Screen Remote Programming
- Bi-directional Remote Setup via GUI
- Hybrid Standby Function: to Reduce Power Consumption
- Smart Grid-Ready
- Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic.: AccuEQ - Advanced
- OSD Out: Advanced "Home" GUI
- Warranty: 2 YEARS
Onkyo TX-NR646 Specifications:
Amplifier Section - Power Output
- All Channels:
- 170 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC);
- 100 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- Dynamic Power:
- 240 W (3 Ohms, Front)
- 210 W (4 Ohms, Front)
- 120 W (8 Ohms, Front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz-20 kHz, Half power)
- Damping Factor: 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 Ohms)
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance:
- 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
- 5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)
- Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance:
- 100 mV/2.2 k-ohms (Zone 2 Line Out)
- 200 mV/470 Ohms (Subwoofer Pre Out)
- Maximum RCA Output Level and Impedance:
- 0 V/2.2 k-ohms (Zone 2 Line Out)
- 0 V/470 Ohms (Subwoofer Pre Out)
- Phono Overload: 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Tone Control:
- +/ 10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass)
- +/ 10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- 80 dB (Phono MM, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance: 6 Ohms–16 Ohms
Video Section - Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance
- 0 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Component)
- 7 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 0 Vp-p/75 Ohms (Composite)
- Component Video Frequency Response: 5 Hz–13.5 MHz/+0 dB, -3dB
Tuner Section - Tuning Frequency Range
- FM: 87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz
- AM: 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
- FM/AM Preset Memory : 40 stations
- Power Supply: AC 120 V~, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 6.4 A
- No-Sound Power Consumption: 70 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.1 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 13/16" x 12 15/16" (435 x 173.5 x 329 mm)
- Weight: 20.7 lbs (9.4 kg)
Infinity Primus PS312 12" 400W Powered Subwoofer
Prepare to raise your expectations. Experience home entertainment at a new level of clarity and realism. From unobtrusive bookshelf systems to dazzlingly powerful home theaters, theres an Infinity Primus system thats right for every purpose and room in your home. Most other speaker systems in the Primus price range sound as if they are spraying their sound at you tinny, hollow and reproduced a copy of a copy. With its MMD transducer technology and seamless component architecture working in unison to eliminate unwanted resonance modes, the Infinity Primus PS312BK doesnt spray it immerses, rolling over the listener with warm, rich sound the way live music does. Combine the Primus PS312BK with any one of Infinitys powerful MMD-equipped floorstanding loudspeakers or bookshelf speakers, and the Primus PS312BK will fill any room with dramatic and well-defined sound. This is where Infinity sound begins, and its well within your reach.
Infinity Primus PS312 Subwoofer Highlights:
- Powered subwoofer
- Single 12" (300mm) MMD low-frequency drivers
- 25Hz - 150Hz frequency range
- 400 watts RMS
- 700 watts peak
- 50Hz - 150 Hz. 24dB/octave continuously variable
- Legendary Infinity engineering - speaker components seamlessly work together as an integrated system
- Extremely low resonance enclosures - hear music exactly as it was recorded
- Tweeter waveguides improve on-and-off-axis high-frequency response
- Precision crossover networks
- Patented MMD transducers significantly improve cone performance, providing ideal rigidity and resistance to precision sound across the entire spectrum
Infinity Primus PS312 Subwoofer Features:
The Infinity Primus PS312BK - Not just loud. Accurate.
- Let's be honest - there's not a whole lot to a subwoofer. It's one big speaker that gets loud and shakes pictures off the wall. So what separates a good sub from the not-so-good? It's more than power - give anything enough juice, and it will get loud. No, the secret to a good powered subwoofer is its accuracy and clarity. We should know - we invented the powered subwoofer in 1968. We've come a long way since then, With the Infinity Primus PS312BK's Metal Matrix Diaphragm technology and low resonance enclosures, it possesses excellent transient frequency response - agile and sharp. Music is clean and movies rumble. Hear music the way it was meant to be heard and experience a film score like never before without the speaker changing or altering the sound - precisely as it should be. Combined with its superb linear frequency response, you can fill any room with sound you can feel. Got an older system? Bring it to life with an Infinity Primus PS312BK subwoofer. Give your system a soul - only, please make sure you've secured your pictures to the wall, first.
Primus. Where home theater begins.
- The Infinity Primus PS312BK is the perfect home theater companion. Give any film score that extra rumble and that powerful bombast. Experience the cacophony of your favorite battle or chase scene with the clarity and soul of a movie theater experience. The Primus PS312BK brings long-term, plug-and-play, trouble-free enjoyment to your home theater, unheard of at this price point - and it is the perfect complement to any 5.1 or 7.1 channel home theater system.
Patented MMD transducer technology.
- Derived from Infinitys patented CMMD technology, the Metal Matrix DiaphragmTM (MMD) approach continues the Infinity tradition of using advanced materials to improve sonic accuracy. These diaphragms are much stiffer than standard metal ones - by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core, we're able to significantly improve cone performance and outperform cones made of paper, polypropylene or Kevlar material. By virtue of its extreme rigidity and resistance to resonance, MMD material is far more than just another diaphragm substance. It is an ideal diaphragm material for the ultimate listening experience. Sound propagates at a higher velocity in metals than in materials such as polymers and papers. Sound will travel through MMD material nearly twice as fast as it will through any other cone material - thus, moving unwanted resonances outside the audible range.
Superior Infinity engineering.
- The Infinity Primus PS312BK's speaker drivers, baffles, cabinets and waveguides are designed to work seamlessly together as an integrated system - fitting together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It begins with Infinitys ultra-precise transducers - the beating heart of the Primus PS312BK. MMD technology doesn't change, color or distort audio signal sound the way diaphragms made of other materials do. This combines with the Primus speaker's low resonance enclosures to compound the precision qualities of the transducer, further eliminating mechanical distortion.
Infinity - Legendary reputation. Uncompromising craftsmanship and sound.
- With the Infinity Primus PS312BK, you not only experience the cutting edge in high-performance transducer technology and sound reproduction, you experience the cutting edge from the makers of Infinity products - some of the world's most innovative, high-quality audio equipment. The road to the Infinity Primus Series is a road lined with dozens of audio milestones: The Infinity Servo Statik 1a - the world's first powered subwoofer. The EMIT (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter) device. The revolutionary IRS speaker - the world's first "reference" loudspeaker. The Prelude MTS speaker - the world's first powered tower speaker. Since 1968, innovative Infinity technologies, materials and manufacturing techniques have advanced the science of sound, and have set new standards in loudspeaker technology and performance. Infinity Primus Series speakers benefit from every Infinity innovation that has come before. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it's well within your reach.