High-Definition loudspeakers are optimal for advanced home theaters and primary listening rooms. Proprietary IMPACT (Improved Aluminum Ceramic Technology) woofer cone, midrange, and tweeter provide the ultimate in performance and musicality.
MicroThin™ speaker grilles ensure a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room’s aesthetics. Optional square grilles provide added design flexibility.
Superior Sound Quality
Patented Directed Soundfield™ technology directs the sound to the listening area for optimum sound quality. New patent pending pivot mechanism adjusts smoothly and holds the loudspeaker woofer securely in position.
Three patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. Weather-resistant construction enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves.
Install With Confidence
The best-built loudspeakers deserve the best protection?the Niles Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Patent-pending Fully Pivoting Woofer Assembly Focuses The Bass And Midrange Directly Into The Listening Area
- Integrated Baffle/frame Assembly Increases The Cone Area For Deeper Bass Than Competitive Speakers Of The Same Diameter
- 8" Aluminum Ceramic Woofer Cone With Curvilinear Profile And Extended Pole Provides Natural Flat Response And Moves Any Ringing Frequencies To The Inaudible Range
- 1" NCAT (Nano Coated Ceramic, Aluminum & Titanium) Dome Tweeter Utilizes A Vapor Deposited Coating To Move Ringing Frequencies Outside The Range Of Hearing While Providing Additional Stiffening For Ultra-detailed High Frequencies
- 1-1/2" NCAT (Nano Coated Ceramic, Aluminum & Titanium) Dome Midrange Provides Ultra-resolution Midrange Frequencies
- Zero-diffraction Tweeter Assembly Pivots Up To 15? (30? When The Woofer Is In Its Maximum Position) For Precise Aiming Of High Frequencies To The Listening Area
- Kapton Non-conductive Voice Coil Former And Copper Shorting Caps Combine To Lower Distortion And Increase High Frequency Sound Pressure Levels
- Magnetically Attached, Rust-resistant Grille Covers Install Quickly And Provide A Low Profile Look
- Dialog Switch Enhances Vocal Presence When Used As The Center Channel In A Home Theater
- Tweeter Level Switch Enables Precise Adjustments To Match Room Acoustics
- Weather-resistant Construction Enables Installation In Wet Environments And Outdoors
- Optional Custom-tuned Rear Enclosure Is Precisely Shaped For Predictable Sound Performance And To Reduce Sound Transfer Into Adjacent Rooms Or Spaces
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 - 160 Watts
- Impedance: 8 Ohm Nominal; 6 Ohm Minimum
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz To 21 KHz +/ -3 DB
- Maximum SPL: 115 DB
- Voice Coil Size: 1-1/4"
- Crossover Frequency: 1.5 KHz/4 KHz
- Crossover Type: Asymmetric 3-4th Order 2-way Computer Optimized Linkwitz Riley
- Magnet Weight: 24.1 Oz.
- Frame Dimensions (with Grille): 11-1/4" (28.52 Cm) Diameter
- Hole Cutout Dimensions: 9-3/4" (24.76 Cm) Diameter
- Depth Behind Ceiling (5/8" Drywall): 5-5/16" (13.6 Cm)