Surround Effects loudspeakers are optimal for rear/side surround sound in 5.1 and7.1-channel home theater applications. The DS8FX is designed for use with Niles DS8HD, and DS8PR left/center/right loudspeakers. Advanced IMPACT (Improved Aluminum Ceramic Technology) woofer cones and dual IMPACT tweeters on a multi-axis array provide ultra-realistic surround sound effects.
Magnetically attached MicroThin™ speaker grilles ensure a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room’s aesthetics. Optional square grilles provide added design flexibility.
Superior Sound Quality
Patented Directed Soundfield™ technology directs the sound to the listening area for optimum sound quality. New patent pending pivot mechanism adjusts smoothly and holds the loudspeaker woofer securely in position.
Three patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. Weather-resistant construction enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves.
Install With Confidence
The best-built loudspeakers deserve the best protection?the Niles Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Patented Directed Soundfield technology with new patent-pending pivot mechanism directs the sound to the optimum listening area
- 8" IMPACT (Improved Aluminum Ceramic Technology) woofer cone with curvilinear profile and extended pole provides natural, flat response
- Dual 1" nano-coated IMPACT dome tweeters utilizes a vapor deposited coating to move any ringing frequencies outside the range of hearing for ultra-detailed high frequencies
- Multi-axis tweeter array positions the two tweeters on a different axis and at an opposing angle to create realistic surround sound effects
- Bipole/Dipole switch provides optimum room matching
- Kapton non-conductive voice coil former and copper shorting caps combine to lower distortion and increase high frequency sound pressure levels
- Magnetically attached, rust-resistant grille covers install quickly and provide a low profile look
- Integrated baffle/frame assembly increases the cone area for deeper bass than competitive speakers of the same diameter
- Patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions
- Weather-resistant construction enables installation in wet environments and outdoors under eves
- Optional rear wave enclosure provides predictable sound performance and eliminates unwanted sound from bleeding into adjacent rooms or spaces
- Recommended amplifier power: 10 - 160 watts
- Impedance: 8 ohm nominal; 6 ohm minimum
- Frequency response: 48 Hz to 21 kHz +/ -3 dB
- Voice coil size: 1-1/4"
- Frame dimensions (with grille): 11-1/4" (28.52 cm) diameter
- Hole cutout dimensions: 9-3/4" (24.76 cm) diameter
- Depth behind ceiling (5/8" drywall): 5-5/16" (13.6 cm)