Surround Effects loudspeakers are optimal for rear/side surround sound in 5.1 and 7.1-channel home theater applications. The DS7FX is designed for use with Niles DS7HD, DS7PR, and DS7MP left/center/right loudspeakers. Glass fiber woofer cones and dual Teteron® tweeters on a multi-axis array provide ultra-realistic surround sound effects.
Magnetically attached MicroThin™ speaker grilles ensure a clean, virtually invisible appearance that blends with the room’s aesthetics. Optional square grilles provide added design flexibility.
Superior Sound Quality
Patented Directed Soundfield™ technology directs the sound to the listening area for optimum sound quality. New patent pending pivot mechanism adjusts smoothly and holds the loudspeaker woofer securely in position.
Three patent-pending spring tensioned mounting clamps permit quick installation and compensate for uneven mounting surfaces and varied environmental conditions. Weather-resistant construction enables installation in moist areas, such as bathrooms or outdoors under eaves.
Install With Confidence
The best-built loudspeakers deserve the best protection?the Niles Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Patent-pending Fully Pivoting Woofer Assembly Focuses The Bass And Midrange Directly Into The Listening Area
- Integrated Baffle/frame Assembly Increases The Cone Area For Deeper Bass Than Competitive Speakers Of The Same Diameter
- 7" Glass Fiber Woofer Cone With Curvilinear Profile And Extended Pole For Improved Dynamics, Smoother Sound And Less Peaking At High Frequencies
- Dual 1" Fluid-cooled Teteron® Dome Tweeters Provide Ultra-wide Dispersion And Smooth High Frequency Response
- Multi-axis Tweeter Array Positions The Two Tweeters On A Different Axis And At An Opposing Angle To Create Realistic Surround Sound Effects
- Bipole/Dipole Switch Provides Optimum Room Matching
- Magnetically Attached, Rust-resistant Grille Covers Install Quickly And Provide A Low Profile Look
- Weather-resistant Construction Enables Installation In Wet Environments And Outdoors
- Optional Custom-tuned Rear Enclosure Is Precisely Shaped For Predictable Sound Performance And To Reduce Sound Transfer Into Adjacent Rooms Or Spaces
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 - 140 Watts
- Impedance: 8 Ohm Nominal; 6 Ohm Minimum
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz To 21 KHz +/ -3 DB
- Maximum SPL: 107 DB
- Voice Coil Size: 1.25"
- Crossover Type: Asymmetric 2nd Order 2-way Computer Optimized Linkwitz Riley
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 KHz
- Magnet Weight: 19.5 Oz.
- Frame Dimensions (with Grille): 9-7/8" (25.15 Cm) Diameter
- Hole Cutout Dimensions: 8-1/2" (21.60 Cm) Diameter
- Depth Behind Ceiling (5/8" Drywall): 5-5/16" (13.6 Cm)