M27 7-Channel Power Amplifier
Completely immerse yourself in the moment. With seven channels of massive power, the M27 can effortlessly create a truly realistic surround sound experience that will transport you directly into a new hyper-reality. Rated at 180W continuous power per channel, the M27 will provide over 300W dynamic power per channel with all channels driven. The M27 can accept both balanced and single-ended inputs, and features high-quality binding posts for speaker connection. The compact dimensions of this highly energy-efficient design belie the massive amount of power available for the most demanding music and movies.
Hybrid Digital Amplification
- The M27 uses the latest nCore amplifier technology licensed from Hypex. With nCore, Hypex has refined their UcD concept to new levels of perfection by improving the modulator for more accurate feedback subtraction and PWM generation. The all-discrete driver and output stage have also been improved for lower open-loop THD as well as lower idling losses, normally conflicting requirements with conventional IC driver circuitry. An added control loop incorporating an integrator with adaptive clipping enables 20dB more feedback to be used across the audio band because of its extremely low phase shift resulting in a dramatic reduction in distortion across the audio band. This is added to UcD's already amazing characteristics of load invariance and high current capability, common characteristics of great sounding amplifiers. Nothing can match the performance of hybrid digital amplifier technology. The sonic character of the M27 only reinforces the story told by the numbers. This is an amazingly powerful and transparent amplifier design that does everything well.
Fully Balanced Audio
- The same efficient audio interface used by studios provides the highest level of signal integrity with the lowest noise floor. Locking connectors and special interface electronics allow long cable runs without noise pickup or signal loss. All you get is awesome sound without the possibility of noise pickup or interference.
- As their most powerful amplifier ever, the M27 can pump out over 600W into difficult loads to follow complex dynamic peaks in your movies and music. Everything from rim shots to asteroid explosions sound remarkably real and immersive. The M27 has power reserves to meet the demands of the latest high-resolution digital soundtracks. Thanks to the advanced nCore amplifier technology, all this monster power comes at a lot less cost than traditional technology and delivers more power and performance!
- NAD PowerDrive circuit delivers very high dynamic power and low impedance drive to accurately control loudspeakers, resulting in remarkably musical and relaxed sound. PowerDrive gives the M27 maximum power no matter what you throw at it—and without the energy drain. NAD's exclusive SoftClipping feature is also included to protect your speakers (and ears) from damaging clipping distortion. Control for PowerDrive is derived by sensing the average output power, applying a time constant, and then cleanly hard clipping the signal thus limiting it to the rated continuous clipping power over a sustained loading. By controlling the power envelope maximum clean power is obtained for every operating condition.
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms and 4 ohms: >/ 180W (ref. rated THD, 20Hz-20kHz, all channels driven)
- THD +N (250mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100): </ 0.005% (ref. 20Hz - 20kHz)
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohms: 320W
- 4 Ohms: 700W
- 2 Ohms: 650W
- Signal/Noise Ratio, A-weighted: >98dB (ref. 1W), >120dB (ref. rated power)
- Damping Factor: >750dB (ref. 8 ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- Frequency Response: -2.5dB at 3Hz and 100kHz
- Input Impedance
- RCA: 47k ohms C=100pF
- XLR: 220k ohms C=100pF
- Input Sensitivity: 1.3V (ref. rated power)
- Time to Standby Mode at no input signal: </ 30 minutes
- Voltage Gain: 29dB
- Rated Power: 1600W (120V 60Hz, 230V 50Hz)
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Idle Power: <90W
- Unit Dimension (WxHxD) - Gross: 17 1/8 x 6 3/16 x 15 inches
- Net weight: 14.1kg (31.1lb)