NAD Electronics C368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier Overview
Designed for compatibility with virtually any analog audio source, the NAD Electronics C368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier features an abundance of input and output jacks so that anything you connect to this amplifier, from your CD player to turntable, can be played through your custom home audio system. The low-noise buffer design prevents unwanted distortion from traveling through the turntable and into the amplifier, ensuring that the amplified signal is accurate to the original recording. The result is a warm, smooth sound that boasts absolute clarity. Beyond your turntable, this digital audio converter is compatible with everything from your TV via HDMI inputs to your CD player, so you can enjoy all of your favorite audio sources with the bold, uncompromising sound of the amplifier and your home speakers. This DA converter also includes Bluetooth compatibility, so you can stream music wirelessly from your mobile device or computer. For added convenience, you can use the app on your smart phone to control this amplifier.
- 2-Channel design
- Continuous output power (stereo): 80W into 4 Ohms and 8 Ohms
- Continuous output power (bridge): 160W into 8 Ohms
- Moving magnet phono input allows for DA converter connection to turntable
- Analog line inputs connect to CD players and other wired devices
- SPDIF coax and optical inputs allow for easy connection to TV
- Hybrid digital to analog audio converter and amplifier offers ability to play audio in multiple rooms at once via Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet cables
- Includes headphone amplifier for superior sound quality when listening solo
- Suitable for connectivity at 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms
- Optional BluOS Module connects to the Wi-Fi network and adds hi-res audio streaming
- Compatible with smartphone control app to turn phone into remote
- Dimensions: 15.94" H x 17.13" W x 15.38" L
- Weight: 17.2 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Connect Virtually Any Digital or Analog Device
For superior sound quality from a wide range of devices, this digital audio converter is sure to impress. Featuring a variety of analog input ports, connecting your turntable or CD player is simple and convenient, while still providing you with exceptional sound quality through your speaker system. This DA converter also includes MDC ports compatible with 4K HDMI, allowing you to connect your television to the amplifier so you can play the audio through your home speaker system.
This digital audio converter also streams virtually any audio from Bluetooth-enabled devices, allowing you to play music from your mobile phone, tablet or computer through your home speaker system via wireless connection. Not only is this convenient, but the digital to analog audio converter is designed to enhance the signal quality when playing from digital devices to be fully compatible with speaker systems designed for analog devices. As a result, all of your music can be played through the same sound system without sacrificing audio quality.
Built for Uncompromising Volume and Absolute Clarity
Featuring a moving magnet phono input and RIAA equalization, this DAC amplifier preserves the integrity of the recording by offering exceptional sound quality while also reducing the impact of unwanted noise and distortion — something that all vinyl records have. Now, your records will sound as close to the original recording as possible without losing any sound quality through the signal transition.
The same theory is incorporated into the digital converter design. Featuring Modular Design Construction, you can customize your DA converter to play high-res audio from a variety of sources without compromising the output signal, ensuring any audio — digital or analog — is full of depth and clarity when it comes through your speaker system.
Revolutionize Your Home Theater
Finally, all of your audio sources can be played through the same speaker system without sacrificing audio quality. This DAC amplifier features a variety of output ports, allowing you to connect it to a full surround sound speaker system. Not only will this revolutionize how you watch movies and TV shows in your home theater, but the Hi-Res design ensures that all forms of audio are tailored to your speaker system, making it sound crisp and clear.
The BluOS Module is also fully compatible with wireless Wi-Fi or Ethernet networks so this DA converter can act as the amplifier for your entire multi-room home sound system. The resulting sound is full of depth and warmth, creating a peaceful, consistent auditory ambience throughout your home.
- Continuous output power into 4Ω and 8Ω (Stereo): >80W (at rated THD, 20 - 20kHz, both channels driven)
- Continuous output power into 8Ω (Bridge Mode): 160W (at 20 - 20kHz, at THD 0.03%)
- IHF dynamic power
- 2Ω 250W
- 4Ω 200W
- 8Ω 120W
- IHF dynamic power (Bridge Mode)
- 2Ω 400W
- 4Ω 350W
- 8Ω 250W
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz): <0.03% (250mW to 80W, 8 ohm and 4 ohm)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >98dB (A-weighted, 500mV input reference. 1W out in 8Ω)
- Clipping power: >95W (at 1kHz 0.1%THD)
- Clipping power (Bridge Mode): >170W (at 1kHz 0.1% THD)
- Damping factor: >300 (reference 8Ω, 20Hz and 6.5kHz)
- Frequency response: ±0.3dB (20Hz and 6.5kHz)
- Channel separation
- >75dB (1kHz)
- >70dB (10kHz)
- Sample rate: 192kHz/24bit
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 3 15/16" x 15 3/8"
- Net weight: 17.2 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- C 368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier
- Power cord
- HTR remote
- AA batteries
Customer Reviews for NAD Electronics C368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier
It maintains the usual austere NAD appearance, which fits in with almost anything. It's one of those components that won't stick out or impose itself in a mixed stack of gear.
Connections are fine, but I think they missed a perfect 5 stars because they didn't include a USB port. Everyone offers USB now, even the lowest of the low performers. They really push the BluOS thing, perhaps that's the reason.
Other than that potentially minor quibble, I believe NAD is still in the game as the best value around.
5 months ago