C 427 Stereo FM/AM Tuner
FM remains one of the most reliable and best sounding mediums for hassle-free music listening. NAD’s C 427 builds on the strengths of previous NAD tuners by offering a quality of reception that is as good as, or better than, the quality of today’s broadcasts. NAD has carried forward their highly sensitive RF Front End for cleaner reception in fringe areas, plus noise is extremely low across the audio spectrum. In line with NAD’s environmental policy, NAD has completely redesigned the power supply for improved efficiency and ultra-low power consumption during standby while still allowing all remote activation and control interfaces.
The rear panel IR Input, and RS-232 port, allows the C 427 to be easily integrated with sophisticated system controllers used in custom installation. They also have one of the most intuitive user interfaces in the market utilizing a 24-position rotary encoder knob to more quickly tune stations or select preset stations. All functions are available via the included IR Remote Control.
C 427 Highlights:
- RDS PS (Station name) and RT (Radio text)
- 40 Station random presets (AM or FM)
- VFL graphic display
- MOS-FET RF Front End
- RS-232 Interface
- IR Input
- NAD Full Function Remote Control
- <0.5W Standby power consumption
C 427 Features:
Loads of Presets
- With 40 presets available you can store all your favorite radio stations. These presets can be any combination of AM and FM stations: 30 presets for FM and 10 for AM, or 25 for FM and 15 for AM, for instance. To avoid having to scroll through 40 presets, the C 427 skips any that have not been programmed (left empty), so you can quickly access all your favorite stations.
- Instead of littering the front panel with buttons and features that are hardly ever used, the C 427 concentrates on convenience in daily operation. The RDS limits itself to the RDS PS and RT function, both of which enhance ease of operation. The RDS PS (Program Service) will automatically indicate the name of the radio station on the display, e.g., "BBC R1", so you will always know exactly what station you are listening to. With its four-line graphic display, you always see all the available information. Preset information is stored in the C 427's non-volatile memory, which means it will remember all of its preset information even if the unit has been unplugged for a prolonged amount of time.
- Auto Search automatically stops at the next strong radio signal it comes across and optimizes tuning. Weaker radio stations can be tuned into manually. Stations that are quiet in Mono but noisy in Stereo can benefit from the “Blend” feature that narrows stereo separation and improves noise. FM Mute eliminates inter-station tuning noise and only allows strong and clear stations to emerge from the silent background. Although AM can never reach the quality of any FM transmission, the C 427's AM section retains excellent clarity together with lowest possible background noise.
- Apart from its ease-of-use, the NAD C 427 also offers features to get the maximum out of the airwaves. The MOS-FET RF Front End design together with high quality components and careful PCB layout guarantees excellent sensitivity with low intermodulation distortion to provide quiet and musically satisfying performance.
- Whether you are looking for excellent performance, ease of use or the convenience of RDS, the C 427 offers all these with the value to high performance ratio for which NAD is so renowned.
C 427 Specifications:
- Usable Sensitivity (98MHz): 10dB muV
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 65dB (60dB muV IHF-WTD Mono), 60dB (60dB muV IHF-WTD Stereo)
- Frequency Response: +/ 1.5dB (20Hz - 15kHz, 60dB muV)
- Channel Separation (60dB muV):
- 30Hz: 33dB
- 1kHz: 40dB
- 10kHz: 32dB
- Capture Ratio (40dB muV): 3dB
- AM Suppression: 50dB (60dB muV, 100% Mod. FM, 30% Mod. AM)
- Image Rejection (119.4MHz): 70dB
- IF Rejection (10.7MHz): 70dB
- Pilot Suppression (60dB muV): 60dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Mono: 0.4%
- Stereo: 0.8%
- Auto Search Sensitivity: 24dB muV
- RDS Decode Sensitivity: 26dB muV
- Usable Sensitivity (999/1000kHz): 55dB muV
- Signal/Noise Ratio (5mV in): 42dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (5mV in): 1.5%
- IF Rejection (450kHz): 40dB
- Image Rejection (F+2xIF): 28dB
- Selectivity: 20dB
- Loop Sensitivity (0dB S/N):
- 999/1000Hz: 66dB
- 603/300Hz: 66dB
- 1404/1400Hz: 66dB
- Frequency Response (100 - 2.3kHz, 5mV): +/ 6dB
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Unit Dimension (W x H x D): 435 x 99 x 315mm (17-1/8" x 3-15/16" x 12-7/16")
- Net Weight: 4.6kg (10.1 lbs)