C 356BEE DAC Stereo Integrated Amplifier
NAD's C 356BEE DAC with the new MDC DAC built in, symbolises NADs desire for continual improvement even on an award-winning design. NAD has refined their amplifier performance and added more value to the C 356BEE DAC design by applying knowledge gained from their top-of-the-line Masters Series M3 Amplifier. Able to drive the most complex loud speakers to their full musical potential, the C 356BEE DAC can challenge amplifiers costing two to three times more. With features like Preamp Out, Modular Design Construction, and the MDC DACs ability to play computer music, this amp will suit your requirements for years to come.
C 356BEE DAC Features:
- With the C 356BEE DAC, the world of computer music can be heard through your hi-fi system without the noise or distortion that commonly plagues analogue designs. Thanks to an asynchronous USB technique and its high precision clock, 24/96 quality computer music flows smoothly without jitter or harsh distortion. You can also plug Apple TV into the C 356BEE DAC to hear iTunes like never before!
Modular Design Construction (MDC)
- The C 356BEE DAC, equipped with our MDC DAC Digital Analogue Converter, allows computer music to be streamed from your computer or networked storage device without musical compromise. MDC makes future upgrades possible with interchangeable modules!
- The NAD PowerDrive circuit delivers very high dynamic power and low impedance drive to accurately control loudspeakers, resulting in musically detailed, coherent, and relaxed sound. PowerDrive offers the capability of an amplifier twice as powerful without the energy drainage. NAD's exclusive Soft Clipping feature protects speakers (and ears) from damaging clipping distortion.
Real World Power
- With 80W of continuous power (both channels), the C 356BEE DAC has the lowest levels of distortion and noise available in its price class. NAD uses the most demanding criterion for performance measurement
- Full Disclosure Power measuring distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test used by many of their competitors.
- The C 356BEE DAC offers <0.5W standby consumption and includes a convenient vacation switch. NAD makes every effort to reduce their environmental impact by manufacturing the C 356BEE DAC without heavy metals and other hazardous substances, and by using recycled and recyclable materials where possible.
NAD USB Audio Driver for Windows PCs (XP, Vista and 7)
- In order to stream your computer audio, ensure that the Sound or Audio device setting of your computer is set to "NAD USB Audio". Download the "NAD USB Audio Driver" and install this driver to your computer by following the instructions provided. Minimum system requirement: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher, Microsoft Windows 7.
- Note: Any drivers previously loaded must be uninstalled prior to installing this driver
FOR MAC USERS
- Minimum Mac OS X Snow Leopard (version 10.6) and later versions include USB Audio 2.0 drivers and therefore it is not necessary to install the NAD USB 2.0 Audio driver. Ensure the Sound device of your Mac is set to "NAD USB Audio 2.0"
C 356BEE DAC Specifications:
Line IN, Speaker OUT
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms and 4 ohms (Stereo): >80W (at rated THD, 20Hz-20kHz, both channels driven)
- THD* 20Hz - 20kHz, CCIF IMD, SMPTE IMD, DIM 100: <0.009% (250mW to 80W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Clipping Power: >90W (at 1kHz 0.1% THD)
- IHF Dynamic Headroom
- 8 Ohms: +2.6dB
- 4 Ohms: +4.4dB
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohms: 145W
- 4 Ohms: 220W
- 2 Ohms: 290W
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >92dB (IHF; A-weighted, 500mV input, ref. 1W out in 8 ohms), >110dB (IHF; A-weighted, ref. 80W in 8 ohms, max. volume)
- Frequency Response: +/ 0.3dB (20Hz-20kHz, Tone Defeat ON), 10Hz - 65kHz (-3dB)
- Channel Separation
- 1kHz: >80dB
- 10kHz: >68dB
MDC DAC Module
- Sample Rate: 32kHz to 96kHz
- THD+N: 0.005%
- Signal/Noise: -90dB (ref. 500mV Tape out)
- Output Level: 2V (at Tape out)
- Digital: Optical, USB 2.0 (Device side Asynchronous)
- Digital to Analogue Converter: Burr-Brown TI PCM1796
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Idle Power: <40W
- Rated Power: 350W (230V AC 50Hz; 120V AC 60Hz)
Dimension and Weight
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) Gross: 17 1/8 x 5 3/16 x 13 5/16 inches
- Net Weight: 9.8kg (19.6lbs)