Get the most out of the latest sci-fi action flick with the McIntosh Labs MX121 7.1-Channel Home Theater Processor. This processor can connect all of your video component devices, including six HDMI ports that support 1080p quality and 3D pass-through. It features wireless connection through AirPlay, so you can connect your Apple devices to stream your music library. Or directly connect your devices for other device compatibilities.
The MX121 home theater processor is the control hub of some of the finest home theater systems in the world. An extensive yet easy to use feature set allows MX121 based systems to be configured to meet your exact needs.
All current and legacy audio and video sources – such as Blu-ray, DVD, CD and Laser Disc players along with turntables and tuners – may be controlled, processed and operated through the MX121. A vast array of inputs, including six HDMI that support 1080P resolution and 3D video pass-through, ensures you’ll be able to connect all your source components. The 3D video pass-through will allow you to enjoy everything current 3D Blu-ray discs and broadcasts have to offer. And with built in Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, you’ll hear – and feel – everything too.
The MX121 outputs a discrete signal to each of your speakers, whether you have a traditional 5.1 home theater setup or a newer 7.1 configuration. Provisions for Front Height or Width channels are also offered, depending upon your listening preference. Up to two additional zones are available for expansion into other listening areas of your home, with independent source selection and volume adjustment in each area.
Home network communication is supported so you can stream audio and photos directly from your computer or the internet, including Pandora radio. Built in AirPlay allows you to wirelessly stream music via your Wi-Fi network* from your Mac or PC based iTunes library, as well as music stored on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Utilizing a USB cable, iPod classic and select iPod nanos can also be connected; you can also connect your iPhone or iPod touch for charging.
Audyssey MultEQ XT will calibrate your MX121 to compensate for your home theater’s unique acoustical properties, delivering the clearest and most balanced sound possible. For easy system startup and shutdown, the MX121 has the ability to automatically turn McIntosh source components and amplifiers on and off.
*AirPlay requires iTunes 10.1 or later and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later. To wirelessly stream music to the MX121, a wireless router is required. Router not included.
“Made for iPod” and “Made for iPhone” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod or iPhone respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, or iPhone, may affect wireless performance.
McIntosh Labs MX121 Home Theater Processor Specifications:
- MULTI-CHANNEL OUTPUTS BALANCED: 7.1 (6th & 7th channels can be SBL & SBR or FHL & FHR or FWL & FWR)
- MULTI-CHANNEL INPUTS UNBALANCED: 7.1
- MULTI-CHANNEL OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 11.1 plus connection for 2nd duplicate subwoofer (only 7.1 speaker channels can be used at one time; 6th & 7th channels can be SBL & SBR or FHL & FHR or FWL & FWR)
- STEREO INPUTS BALANCED: 1
- STEREO INPUTS UNBALANCED: 8 (including Moving Magnet Phono)
- STEREO OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 4
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 2
- DIGITAL COAXIAL OUTPUT: 0
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 3
- DIGITAL OPTICAL OUTPUT: 1
- AES/EBU BALANCED INPUT: 0
- HDMI INPUT: 6, 3D Video Pass-Through, ARC, CEC, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip Sync, Advanced HD Audio
- HDMI OUTPUT: 2 (both for Zone A, 1 with and 1 without ARC, only 1 active at a time - ideal for flat screen and large projector in same room) 3D Video Pass-Through, CEC, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip-sync
- HDBT OUTPUT: 0
- USB: 1 Type A
- COMPONENT INPUT: 4
- COMPONENT OUTPUT: 2
- COMPOSITE INPUT: 5
- COMPOSITE OUTPUT: 3
- S-VIDEO INPUT: 0
- S-VIDEO OUTPUT: 0
- SUBWOOFER 2 OUTPUT: Yes (duplicate signal of subwoofer 1)
- NETWORK CONNECTION: 1
- MAX # OF AUDIO CHANNELS IN ZONE A:8
- ADDITIONAL ZONE OUTPUTS:
- Zone B: Analog stereo audio and component video
- Zone C: Analog stereo audio
- ADVANCED CONNECTIONS: Ethernet Web interface and firmware update, IP-based control, Web Data Streaming, Apple AirPlay
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION (DSP BYPASS): 0.005%
- DOLBY PROCESSING: True HD/Digital Plus&EX/Pro Logic IIz, IIx
- DTS PROCESSING: HD Master & High Res. Audio/ES/96/24, Discrete & Matrix6.1/Neo:6/Express/Neural
- AURO PROCESSING: No
- PURE STEREO DSP BYPASS MODE: Yes
- VIDEO SCALING: Yes, up to 1080P HDMI
- THIRD PARTY CONTROL: RS232, Web IP, Serial Data input, IR input port
- TONE CONTROLS: 9 Band Equalizer, Bass and Treble
- OSD OVERLAY ON HDMI OUTPUT: Yes
- INPUT-OUTPUT FORMAT INDICATORS: 9 in and 9 out
- CONTROL OF MCINTOSH SOURCES: Yes, by handheld MX121 remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- CHANNEL FORMATS: Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, Two Mono Subwoofers
- DSP ROOM CORRECTION: Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume, DSX
- MICROPHONE AND STAND INCLUDED: Yes
- NETWORK FEATURES: DLNA 1.5 Certified, Pandora, Internet Radio, Flickr
- UNIQUE CROSSOVER FREQUENCY, EACH SPEAKER: Yes
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Rear Panel USB-Apple Dock, HDMI in standby, Apple AirPlay
Weights & Dimensions:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7-5/8" (19.37cm) (including feet) x 19-1/2" (49.53cm) (including front panel, knobs, rear panel connections and USB drive)
- WEIGHT: 30 lbs (13.6 kg)