M6 500i Dual-Mono Integrated Amplifier
The M6 500i is the latest in the legendary line of super integrated amplifiers, building on the sustained success of models like the A1000 and kw500. It offers best-in-breed performance from a technology-packed, rock-solid build. Providing 500 watts per channel of power, this is an amp that can easily drive any pair of speakers, without distortion or strain.
The M6 500i features five inputs, one of which is balanced; the AUX/HT input can be switched to allow the amp to seamlessly integrate into music or movie set-ups. Inside the high-quality casing is equally impressive engineering; the M6 500i is effectively a top-class pre-amp and a separate set of monobloc power amps within one box.
From its technical measurements to its jaw-dropping sound, the M6 500i acts like an amp costing many times the money. As the leading hi-fi title, Lyd & Bilde put it when reviewing the M6 500i: "With 500W, this is like getting a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat".
M6 500i Features: Design and Build
- The M6 500i offers prodigious power 500 Watts per channel into 8ohms but there's so much more to it than muscle.
- The M6 500i has a high-quality metal build that gives it both distinctive style and a solid performance platform. The front panel is a bespoke, fine-line extrusion of military-grade aluminum, while the heatsinks are also custom-made for outstanding dissipation plus a fine finish.
- Musical Fidelity has engineered the M6 500i as a genuine dual-mono design. Each power amp section has its own heat sink and separate transformer, while the preamp has its own power-supply winding.
- The five input sockets are connected directly to the main preamp circuit board, instead of using wire connections. This ultra-short signal path ensures ultra-low impedance from the instant sources feed into the M6500i. Meanwhile, each channel has 12 big bipolar transistors; 200 amps peak-to-peak performance is readily available. In addition, a precision digital volume control using laser-trimmed substrate resistors - ensures perfect tracking right down to very low listening levels.
- Such attention to detail delivers stellar technical performance. For example, distortion levels are remarkably low around 0.008% at 1kHz and 0.015% at 20kHz, and only marginally rising to 0.02% at ultra-high frequencies of 30-50kHz. Signal-to-noise ratio is also minimal.
- The M6 500i has remarkable linearity and consistency, enabling it to drive any speaker with ample power reserve. It sounds effortless, fluid and dynamic: the way the very best amplifiers should.
- Power output: 500 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW)
- THD(+ noise): <0.01% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100dB A-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, 0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- 4x Line Level RCA / Phono
- 1x Line Level XLR Balanced
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 160 x 460
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 30kg/ 35kg