MMF 7.1 2-Speed Audiophile Turntable with Cartridge
The distinctive design of the MMF 7.1 isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip-toe feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. The motor, switch, and wiring are isolated on their own platform and completely decoupled from the turntable. Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide additional vibration damping.
MMF 7.1 Highlights:
- Music Halls unique dual-plinth construction
- Carbon fiber tonearm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- Counterweights center of gravity is level with the stylus tip is decoupled from the arm and acts as a resonance damper
- Completely isolated/decoupled AC motor with two-speed (33/45rpm) pulley set in the front left corner of the turntable thus eliminating all vibration from the belt to the cartridge
- Optional Goldring Eroica H ($450 value) high-output moving-coil cartridge with Gyger II line contact stylus. The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- Precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon for noise-free fluid operation
- Non-resonant acrylic platter with metal screw-on record clamp and soft felt mat
- High quality gold RCA connectors with detachable phono cable
- Adjustable tip-toe feet with anti-scratch cups
- Low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- Dust cover, 45rpm adaptor, and spirit level
- Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- Dimensions W18.25 x D13.25 x H5.5 in.
- Weight: 24 lbs. pkg.