music hall MMF 5.1SE Special Edition Turntable
The music hall MMF-5.1 special edition is a significant upgrade over the standard MMF 5.1. The special edition includes upgrades to the following critical components: vibration damping system, cartridge, and plinth.
The MMF 5.1SE—like the MMF -5.1—is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction.
The distinctive design isolates the key sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. Sorbothane orbs separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping. The MMF 5.1SE comes complete with the music hall mojo cartridge mounted. The mojo is specially built by Ortofon for music hall.
music hall MMF 5.1SE Special Edition Turntable Features:
- music hall’s unique dual plinth construction
- rosenut real wood veneer top plinth
- classic look sophisticated design
- sorbothane isolation orbs
- top tier one piece alloy tonearm
- flexible internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
- resonance damping counterweight is decoupled from the tonearm
- separately isolated asynchronous motor
- two speed (33/45 rpm) pulley
- upgraded moving magnet phono cartridge
- user replaceable fritz gyger FG70 diamond stylus
- music hall mojo cartridge ($500 value) is properly aligned and mounted. The mojo is specially built by Ortofon for Music Hall.
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in teflon
- main bearing provides noise free fluid operation
- dynamically balanced alloy platter
- soft felt mat and screw on record clamp
- high quality gold rca connectors and detachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet and round spirit level
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45rpm adaptor
music hall MMF 5.1SE Special Edition Turntable Specifications:
- Dimensions: w18.25 x d13.25 x h5.5 in.
- Weight: 24 lbs. pkg.
Music Hall turntables first saw the light of day in 1998. They are manufactured in the Czech Republic in a factory that continued, throughout the Soviet Era, to make high quality turntables despite growing interest in CDs.
Music Hall has developed a cohesive and logical range of turntables. All are designed to extract a musical and satisfying presentation from that fabulous medium we call vinyl. From the least expensive MMF-2.2 to the flagship MMF-9.1 all our turntables deliver incredible sound and value for money. All are fitted with expensive cartridges from Music Hall or Goldring.