McIntosh MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport Overview
The McIntosh MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport introduces a sonic experience that you won’t soon forget. The multi disc CD player is designed to seamlessly match McIntosh’s smaller sized Integrated Audio Systems, headphone amplifiers, streaming audio players and photo preamplifiers (each sold separately) to create an all-inclusive home audio system. The audio CD recorder also features an enhanced transport with a die-cast aluminum tray in addition to a cutting-edge digital servo for quicker, quieter and precise operation. Every common disc type can be played such as SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW (MP3 and WMA), as well as user generated DVD or CD discs with a variety of file formats including DSD (up to DSD128), WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz), FLAC, MP3 and more. The MCT80 reads disc audio at twice the standard rate, guaranteeing improved disc tracking and error correction. An additional twin laser optical pickup ensures optimal disc reading. Advanced power controls and data ports also incorporate the MCT80 transport's operational state with other McIntosh system components.
- Single disc SACD/CD capacity
- Secure DSD connection for high-quality audio playback
- High-definition CD and SACD playback
- Digital coaxial, optical, and MCT outputs
- Disc formats: SACD, Hybrid SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW (MP3 and WMA), user-generated DVD or CD Data Discs (with music file formats including DSD (up to DSD128), WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz), FLAC, MP3 and more
- 2x read speed for better tracking and error correction
- Multi CD player has a rigid aluminum die-cast disc tray for faster, quieter, accurate operation
- Twin laser optical pickup for enhanced disc reading
- Product Dimensions: 11.5" W x 5.43" H x 19" D
- Product Weight: 18.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport surpasses the competition with its inclusion of a twin-laser optical pickup, featuring a single objective lens that collects information with extreme precision. The separate laser units are dedicated to both SACD and CD playback, making the multi disc CD player versatile enough for nearly every format. The unit’s durable, aluminum die-cast tray provides unmatched stability, vibration-resistant control, and quiet operation.
The MCT80 also features balanced and unbalanced fixed analog outputs, a coaxial output and optical output. Each components is plated in gold for enhanced conductivity. These features complement a stylish, durable, state-of-the-art, partially polished stainless-steel chassis. The unit includes McIntosh's trademark looks – a black glass front panel with an illuminated design and aluminum end caps. The entire unit is meticulously crafted and designed to deliver many years of incredible audio.
The MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport is compatible with most common music discs types including SACD, CD, CD-R and CD-RW, as well as MP3 and WMA discs. The home CD player’s twin laser optical pickup guarantees the finest playback of both CDs and SACDs. Disc data is read at twice the traditional speed to improve overall tracking and error correction with damaged CDs and CD-R/RWs. The MCT80 has a high-quality die-cast aluminum disc tray and advanced transport mechanism that ensure fast, quiet, and accurate control of all your discs. The entire unit features McIntosh's classic polished stainless-steel chassis along with a black glass front panel and brushed aluminum end caps.
McIntosh has been crafting high-end audio technology for seven decades. Like every product, the MCT80 transport is crafted in a New York-based factory that McIntosh has used for over 60 years. Renowned and respected around the world, these products continue to set the standard for cutting-edge performance, unmatched sound and long-term durability. This particular stereo cd player is an example of McIntosh’s ingenuity, craftsmanship, originality and service.
The home CD player features twin-laser optical pickup with a single objective lens that collection information with extreme precision. The separate laser units are committed to either SACD and CD playback, making MCT80 ready to play nearly anything. The unit’s reliable, aluminum die-cast tray offers incredible stability, vibration-resistant control and discreet-sounding operation.
Suited to any living space, the entire MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport unit is complemented with an elegant and contemporary finish, presenting a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated design, aluminum end caps and a precisely polished stainless steel chassis.
- Number of channels: 2
- Digital output sample rate
- Coaxial: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Optical: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- MCT: Up to 24-bit/96kHz (CD); DSD128 (SACD and Data DVD)
- Digital optical output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Digital coaxial output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohms
- Digital MCT (DIN) output: 3V @ 110 ohms
- Digital coaxial output: 1
- Digital optical output: 1
- Digital MCT (DIN) output: 1
- Rear panel IR sensor input: 1
- Rear panel data input: 1
- Power control input: 1
- Power control output: 1
- Disc formats
- Hybrid SACD
- CD-R/RW (MP3 and WMA)
- User-generated DVD or CD data discs (with music file formats including DSD (up to DSD128)
- WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- Disco capacity: 1
- Laser type: Twin beam
- Laser beam wavelength
- 650nm (SACD)
- 790nm (CD)
- Laser power: CLASS IIA/CLASS I
- Standby power requirement: <0.5 watt
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11 1/2" x 5 7/8" x 19"
- Weight: 18.5 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MCT80 2-Channel SACD/CD Transport
- Digital MCT cable