McIntosh MA9000 Integrated Amplifier Overview
The McIntosh MA9000 Integrated Amplifier is designed to enhance your home audio experience. This stereo amplifier offers 300W per channel and merges McIntosh’s amplifier and preamplifier expertise into a single sophisticated unit. You will find enough inputs and outputs on this integrated amp to last you a lifetime. The MA9000’s 10 analog connections are composed of two balanced and six unbalanced inputs, as well as one moving coil and one moving magnet for a turntable connection. Both phono inputs offer modifiable loading, letting you fine-tune audio playback. Each unbalanced analog is crafted from high-quality gold-plated solid brass for enhanced signal handling and grounding. On the digital side, this home amplifier offers two coax, two optical, one USB and one MCT inputs. Each of these units is all housed in McIntosh’s new DA1 Digital Audio Module. This component can be replaced with future modules to keep the amplifier speaker up to date with the latest digital audio formats and technologies.
- Integrated Amp with 2 channels
- Powerful 300W per channel at 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- A total of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs
- Featuring a powerful 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode for enhanced sound quality
- Monogrammed Heatsinks disperse heat, allowing the home stereo amplifier to always run cool
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Sentry monitor prevents short circuits in stereo amplifier by disabling the output if it exceeds safe levels
- Wattmeters on front panel allows for consistent power monitoring
- Autoformer ensures your speakers receive a full 200W of power regardless of their impedance
- Home Theater Pass Thru allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- An eight-band tone control, allowing manual analog adjustment of your audio recordings
- Elegant and contemporary finish
- Product Dimensions: 17.5" W x 9.43" H x 22" D
- Product Weight: 101 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The MA9000 Integrated Amplifier features 10 analogue connections, including two balanced and six unbalanced inputs, one moving coil and one moving magnet phono inputs, each of which includes adjustable loading. Each unbalanced analogue connection is crafted from gold-plated solid brass. The DA1 operated an eight-channel, 32-bit DAC used in Quad Balanced mode that plays DSD256 and DXD 384 kHz files via included USB input, while the coax and optical inputs can easily decode music up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
You will never run out of inputs and outputs on the MA9000. 10 analog and six digital inputs are provided, letting you easily connect nearly any device you like. All digital inputs are housed in McIntosh’s new DA1 Digital Audio Module, designed to be easily interchangeable with future modules, keeping the MA9000 up to date with digital audio formats and technologies.
Advanced Heatsink Technology
The home audio amplifier also features McIntosh’s Monogrammed Heatsinks technology. This component is crafted from high quality materials with unmatched thermal conductivity properties. They are designed to be incredibly efficient at dissipating heat, and also have a top-quality finish thanks to McIntosh’s manufacturing process. These Heatsinks are connected to cutting-edge high current output transistors that reduce thermal balance lag time (or warm-up time), ensuring any audio played at the beginning will sound just as great as that played later in the listening session.
Cutting-edge, powerful control microprocessors are featured in the MA9000 to enhance overall system operation. Modern audiophile-grade circuit parts have also been added to allow the Hi-Fi amplifier to provide the best audio experience possible. At 300W per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to power nearly all loudspeakers – and McIntosh’s renowned Autoformer guarantees your loudspeakers will always receive that full 300W, regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
McIntosh has been crafting high-end audio technology for seven decades. Like every product, the MA9000 is crafted in a New York-based factory that McIntosh has used for over 60 years. Renowned and respected around the world, these products continue to set the standard for cutting-edge performance, unmatched sound and long-term durability. This particular Hi-Fi amplifier is an example of McIntosh’s ingenuity, craftsmanship, originality and service.
The MA9000 also features a McIntosh’s Sentry Monitor technology. This fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit was created to disengage the output stage before the Hi-Fi amplifier’s current goes beyond safe operating levels. The stereo amp then resets automatically.
The entire MA9000 Integrated Amplifier unit is crafted with an elegant and contemporary finish, featuring striking blue wattmeters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated McIntosh logo, aluminum end caps and a carefully polished stainless steel chassis.
- Power output per channel: 300W
- Number of channels: 2
- Speaker impedance: 2, 4, or 8 ohms
- Rated power band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency response (0, -0.5dB): 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency response (0, -3dB): 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity phono (moving coil): 0.30mV
- Sensitivity phono (moving magnet): 3.0mV
- Sensitivity high level (balanced/unbalanced): 0.6V/0.3V
- Sensitivity (power amp): 1.7V
- Signal to noise ratio (moving coil): 82dB
- Signal to noise ratio (moving magnet): 84dB
- Signal to noise ratio (high level): 98dB
- Signal to noise ratio (power amp): 114dB
- Input impedance (balanced/unbalanced): 10K/22K
- Damping factor: >40
- Maximum output (balanced/unbalanced)
- 8V unbalanced
- 16V balanced
- Balanced input: 2
- Unbalanced input: 6
- Phono input moving coil: 1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono input moving magnet: 1 (adjustable loading)
- Upgradeable digital audio module
- Digital coaxial input: 2
- Digital optical input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) input: 1
- Digital USB input: 1
- Balanced variable output: 1
- Unbalanced fixed output: 1
- Unbalanced variable output: 1
- Headphone output: 1/4" high drive with headphone crossfeed director (HXD)
- Home theater passthrough: Yes
- Service port: 1
- Digital-to-analog converter (DAC) type: 8-channel, 32-bit/192kHz PCM/DSD, quad-balanced
- Digital coaxial input sample rate: 24bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital optical input sample rate: 24bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) input sample rate: 16bit/44.1kHz (CD), DSD64 (SACD)
- Digital USB input sample rate
- 32bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
- DSD64, DSD129, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone controls: 8-band
- Tone bypass and input assign: Yes
- RS232 control input: Yes
- Power control output: 1 main, 2 trigger
- Rear panel data port: 4
- Rear panel IR sensor input: Yes
- Input level match: Yes
- Vacuum tube or solid state: Solid state
- Output autoformer: Yes
- Output meters: Yes
- Dual layer chassis: Yes
- Chassis finish: Polished stainless steel and black painted steel
- McIntosh monogrammed heatsinks
- Power requirement: 120V, 50/60Hz, 6.6A
- Standby power requirement: <0.25W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/2" x 9 7/16" x 22"
- Weight: 101 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MA9000 Integrated Amplifier