Questions? We're here to help.
- Integrated amp with 2 channels
- 100W into 8 ohms, 160W into 4 ohms
- Complete with 12 inputs including 6 analog inputs and 6 digital inputs
- Featuring a powerful 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode for enhanced sound quality
- 0.25" Headphone output with Headphone Crossfeed Director for exceptional sound quality
- Monogrammed Heatsinks disperse heat, allowing the stereo amplifier speaker to always run cool
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Sentry monitor prevents short circuits in home amplifier by disabling the output if it exceeds safe levels
- McIntosh's smallest solid state integrated amp is ideal for small spaces and beginners
- Home Theater Pass Thru allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- Dual Scale Blue Wattmeters for accurate power readout
- Product Dimensions: 17.5" W x 6" H x 22" D
- Product Weight: 38 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Each of the MA5300 Integrated Amplifier digital inputs is housed within McIntosh's DA1 Digital Audio Module. Within this module is a high-performance eight-channel 32-bit Digital Audio Converter (DAC). It is designed to improve the sound from your CD/DVD player, streaming device or Smart Television. An additional included USB input supports PCM-based digital music files up to 32-bit/384 kHz and DSD files up to 11.2 MHz, letting you experience high-resolution sound from your computer.
Large Sound in a Small Package
You can still enjoy the trademark McIntosh performance, even when space is limited, using the MA5300 integrated amplifier. McIntosh designed this home amplifier in an incredibly compact size. The MA5300 the smallest solid state integrated amp McIntosh has ever designed, yet it still manages to deliver big sound. Along with its remarkable audio attributes, the Hi-Fi amplifier features the classic look McIntosh is known for. Discover the McIntosh aesthetic of blue wattmeters and stunning black glass front panel with aluminum end caps, control knobs and illuminated McIntosh logo.
The MA5300 integrated amplifier also features a regulated power supply that guarantees stable, noise-free operation. You never have to worry about sound with McIntosh's patented Power Guard circuit. This feature prevents amplifier clipping to save your loudspeakers from damage. An additional built-in thermal protection and Sentry Monitor output protection circuits keep the integrated amp running cool, promising unmatched reliability and long-term operation.
The MA5300 Home Theater Pass Thru feature lets you easily make the stereo integrated amplifier a part of your home audio system. Both right and left front channels from an A/V processor or surround decoder effortlessly pass through the unit’s analog inputs, letting you use its 100W/160W-per-channel power output on your central front loudspeakers.
Featuring 100W or 160W per channel, the MA5300 integrated amplifier’s low-distortion feature provides more than enough power to drive high-quality loudspeakers with ease. The stereo amplifier’s large power transformer utilizes a variety of filter capacitors as energy reserves to offer an incredibly quick transient response.
The MA5300 delivers 100W per channel into 8 Ohms speakers or 160W per channel into 4 Ohms speakers. Its dual scale blue wattmeters provide an accurate readout of power output for impedances.
McIntosh has been crafting high-end audio technology for seven decades. Like every product, the MA5300 integrated amplifier is crafted in a New York-based factory that McIntosh has used for over 60 years. Renowned and respected around the world, these products continue to set the standard for cutting-edge performance, unmatched sound and long-term durability. This particular home audio amplifier is an example of McIntosh’s ingenuity, craftsmanship, originality and service.
- Power output per channel
- 100W into 8 ohms
- 160W into 4 ohms
- Number of channels: 2
- Speaker impedance: 4, or 8 ohms
- Rated power band: 2 0Hzto 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency response (0, -0.5dB): 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency response (0, -3dB): 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity phono (moving magnet): 2.5mV
- Sensitivity high level (balanced/unbalanced): 0.5V/0.25V
- Sensitivity (power amp): 1V
- Signal to noise ratio (moving magnet): 82dB
- Signal to noise ratio (high level): 95dB
- Signal to noise ratio (power amp): 110dB
- Input impedance (balanced/unbalanced): 20K/20K
- Damping factor
- 8 ohms: >200
- 4 ohms: >100
- Maximum output (balanced/unbalanced)
- 8V unbalanced
- Balanced input: 1
- Unbalanced input: 4
- Phono input moving magnet: 1 (fixed loading)
- Upgradeable digital audio module
- Digital coaxial input: 2
- Digital optical input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) input: 1
- Digital USB input: 1
- Unbalanced variable output: 1
- Headphone output: 1/4" high drive with headphone crossfeed director (HXD)
- Home theater passthrough: Yes
- Unbalanced analog connector type: Standard
- Speaker binding post type: Standard
- Service port: 1
- Digital-to-analog converter (DAC) type: 8-channel, 32-bit/192kHz PCM/DSD, quad-balanced
- Digital coaxial input sample rate: 24bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital optical input sample rate: 24bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) input sample rate: 16bit/44.1kHz (CD)
- Digital USB input sample rate
- 32bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
- DSD64, DSD129, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone controls: Bass and treble
- Tone bypass and input assign: Yes
- RS232 control input: Yes
- Power control output: 1 main
- Rear panel data port: 2
- Rear panel IR sensor input: Yes
- Input level match: Yes
- Vacuum tube or solid state: Solid state
- Output meters: Yes
- Dual layer chassis: Yes
- Chassis finish: Black painted steel
- McIntosh monogrammed heatsinks
- Power requirement: 120V, 50/60Hz, 2.3A
- Standby power requirement: <0.25W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" x 6" x 22"
- Weight: 38 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MA5300 Integrated Amplifier
Customer Reviews for McIntosh MA5300 Integrated Amplifier
1 year ago