The power of a high-resolution floorstander, in the compact size of a bookshelf - the McIntosh Labs XR50 3-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker is a speaker of choice. Engineered to produce a rich, full sound for both music systems and home theater systems alike, this speaker boasts a power rating of 75-300 watts, meaning you can listen to a near-flawless presentation of your favorite audio.
XR50 is a cleverly engineered compact bookshelf speaker that produces the rich, full sound one would expect from much larger speakers. The magnetically attached grill is acoustically transparent and covered with a neutral black cloth. Unique front panel McIntosh logo may be illuminated when used with McIntosh components. Amplifiers from 75 to 300 watts are appropriate power for XR50. An additional connection passes on Meter Illumination Control for compatible power amplifiers. When connecting the XR50 3-way bookshelf speaker to an amplifier, it is important to use cables of adequate size so that there is no signal loss. This bookshelf speaker can be used in both music and home theater systems.
McIntosh Labs XR50 Specifications:
- Impedance Nominal: 8 Ohms
- Power Rating: 75 to 300 Watts
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 45kHz
- Sound Pressure Level, 2.8V/1m: 81dB
- Crossover: 500Hz, 8kHz
- Number of Woofers: 1
- Woofer Size: 6"
- Woofer Type: Cast Frame, LD/HP®, Poly Cone
- Number of Midranges: 2
- Midrange Size: 2"
- Midrange Type: Inverted Titanium Dome
- Number of Tweeters: 1
- Tweeter Size: 3/4"
- Tweeter Type: Titanium Dome
- System Type: Ported 3-Way Bookshelf
- Grille: Black knit cloth, magnetically attached
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8" (20.3cm) x 17" (43cm) x 11-3/4" (29.85cm)
- Weight: 19.5 lbs (8.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs (11 kg)