McIntosh RS100 Overview
The McIntosh RS100 brings audiophile grade performance to the world of wireless speakers with spectacular style, packed with the company’s legendary quality. Featuring DTS Play-Fi streaming technology, demanding enthusiasts can enjoy crystal clear playback of their favorite music and media with resolutions reaching 24-Bit/192kHz. The speaker is also highly configurable, allowing it to be used solo in a room, paired in a stereo combination, or linked to an extensive network of Play-Fi speakers positioned around the home. That means you can enjoy the RS100’s power and balanced sound anywhere, anytime.
- McIntosh’s superior quality and signature sound
- Elegant styling featuring a durable cast aluminum cabinet
- Two-way ported design for smooth highs and tight bass
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Internal bi-amplification and electronic crossover
- Dual Wi-Fi antennas for strong wireless connections (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Hi-Res wireless audio managed by DTS Play-Fi (free app)
- Support for MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV audio files (24-bit/192kHz)
- Critical Listening Mode for 24-Bit/96kHz files without down sampling
- DLNA compliant for playback of media stored on computers or certified drives
- Connect up to 16 Play-Fi speakers and create a whole-home system
- USB port for wired network connection (ethernet adapter sold separately)
- Subwoofer output connection
- Simple to set up, easy to use
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 8-1/4" X 12-3/4" X 8"
- Weight – 15 pounds
- Warranty – 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Wireless Meets Quality
Enter the McIntosh RS100, a superb speaker that pulls from McIntosh’s high-end technologies and DTS’s new Play-Fi wireless protocol. Possessing rich styling and a user-friendly design, the RS100’s smooth tones and abundant power will convince you that wireless sound spectacular.
McIntosh is a name that’s synonymous with unquestionable quality in the audio world. And after 60 years in the industry, the company is still setting a bar for performance that others strive to reach. Its secret is adhering to the same values that launched the company in 1949: uncompromising design and handmade craftsmanship, both of which are used to consistently create the company’s signature sound.
The calling card of any McIntosh amp is a blue glowing meter and symmetrically placed knobs; the RS100 is the company’s first speaker to feature both. If you find the classic styling of McIntosh’s components appealing to the eye, then you’ll love this speaker’s sleek look. Finished in high-gloss black and mounted on a square silver base, the RS100 literally appears to be a cross between a speaker and an amp. Its acrylic front-panel, removable cloth grill, and illuminated Watts meter are just a few of the appointments that make the RS100 a package to behold.
Quality Sound Componentry
While looks are important, the proof lies in the parts that make the sound. The RS100 employs a two-way speaker design featuring a magnetic fluid cooled .75” titanium tweeter for frequencies above 2,500Hz, and a 4” woofer paired with a rear mounted bass reflex port for playback down to 55Hz. If you’re looking for even greater bass performance, you can hook a powered subwoofer to the speaker using the rear Sub-Out connection.
The drivers are powered by internal amplifiers that use noiseless Electronic Input Switching for unparalleled sonic performance. Just turn the front mounted volume control and you’ll hear the RS100’s robust power.
Unique Wi-Fi Playback
Most ordinary wireless speakers rely on Bluetooth and associated technologies to stream music. While they provide true wireless freedom, they do so at the expense of sound quality. McIntosh wants you to experience the best of both worlds, that’s why it designed the RS100 with DTS’s Play-Fi wireless audio platform. Play-Fi allows for streaming of true high-definition audio files (including MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV) at CD quality sound (16-Bit/48kHz). Owners using a single speaker can expect even better performance by engaging “Critical Listening Mode” to keep original sound resolutions (up to 24-Bit/96kHz) intact.
What makes Play-Fi even more powerful is its user-friendly operation. Simply open the free Play-Fi app on your preferred device or computer. Use the app to connect the RS100 to your network. Enter your network’s password…and you’re off and running! You can access a wide range of content, including digital files stored on your computer and music from your favorite streaming services.
One is a Lonely Number
Using Play-Fi, RS100 owners can build a customized multi-room speaker system or configure a simple stereo pair. Play-Fi’s unique functionality allows users to play the same song across all speakers, or separate songs around the home. And because it’s an open system, you can mix and match Play-Fi speakers from different brands! It’s truly a versatile platform that can introduce music into nearly every room in your home.
Simply Superior SoundMcIntosh designed the RS100 to deliver uncompromising audio quality in a compact wireless speaker, something that most wireless options on the market simply can’t achieve. The result is a highly stylized design that’s packed with premium technologies and a sonic precision that sounds amazing. Using DTS Play-Fi, the RS100 can playback CD quality sound in a wide variety of speaker configurations across the home. The fact that it’s easy to set up and use is a bonus that you’ll appreciate as much as the sound!
- IMPEDANCE NOMINAL: N/A
- POWER RATING: 60 Watts
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 55Hz to 20kHz (active high pass)
- SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL, 2.8V/1M: 85dB (1w / 1m)
- CROSSOVER: 2,500Hz
- NUMBER OF WOOFERS: 1
- WOOFER SIZE: 4"
- WOOFER TYPE: Long throw under hung voice coil in a 1/2” thick top plate, copper cap for distortion reduction
- NUMBER OF MIDRANGES: 0
- MIDRANGE SIZE: N/A
- MIDRANGE TYPE: N/A
- NUMBER OF TWEETERS: 1
- TWEETER SIZE: 3/4"
- TWEETER TYPE: Titanium Dome, magnetic fluid cooled
- SYSTEM TYPE: Ported 2-Way Wireless Loudspeaker
- GRILLE: Black knit cloth, magnetically attached
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 8-1/4" (20.8cm) x 12-3/4" (32.3cm) x 8" (20.3cm)
- WEIGHT: 15 lbs (6.8 kg)