McIntosh MX122 Home Theater A/V Processor Overview
For a master control hub for all of your home audio needs, look no further than the McIntosh MX122 Home Theater A/V Processor. Featuring bold, cutting-edge home audio technology including Dolby Atmos, this surround sound preamp is designed to connect all of your sources and play them with high-resolution audio quality. From your favorite movies and television shows to analog and digital audio, this surround sound processor is compatible with a number of devices, and can even sync music to speaker systems in multiple rooms throughout your house, allowing each room to be filled with crisp, clear audio with ease. With Bluetooth and AirPlay compatibility and a variety of digital and analog inputs, you can easily stream music or connect audio devices to your home theater system. Beyond its versatility, the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 will calibrate your processor to your speaker system, resulting in a balanced, clear sound that is sure to impress regardless of the medium.
- Up to 13 channels in Zone A
- Supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, 4K Ultra HD and others
- 3-Zone design allows for a variety of digital and analog audio sources, and a variety of video sources in multiple rooms
- Bluetooth connectivity and output sources allows wireless connection between sound processor and compatible audio and video devices and surround sound speaker systems
- Input impedance: 44K Ohm (balanced), 22k Ohm (unbalanced)
- Signal to noise ratio: +/- 100 dB
- Inputs (balanced): 1 stereo; Inputs (unbalanced): 8 stereo (including phono for turntable connection)
- Digital inputs: 1 x USB, 2 x coaxial, 2 x optical
- HDMI inputs: 7
- Additional inputs: 3 x component, 4 x composite
- Fine-tune settings in each zone through the home theater processor to tailor each room's video and audio to its specific use
- Dimensions: 7.63" H x 17.5" W (including feet) x 19.5" D (including front panel, knobs, rear panel connections and USB drive)
- Weight: 31 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
All of Your Audio and Video in One Handy Place
Designed to keep all of your audio sources in sync with uncompromising sound quality, this surround sound preamp is sure to revolutionize how you watch movies and listen to music in your home theater. With a number of channels and inputs suited to virtually any audio format, you can easily connect all of your digital and analog devices to this home theater processor to balance the audio in your home and elevate it to another level.
A virtual brain center for your home theater system, this sound processor allows for simple, convenient connection via Bluetooth, AirPlay or through wired inputs. Not only that, but each input can have its own unique configurations, allowing you to tailor the settings of each individual device for optimal sound quality regardless of format or medium. The resulting audio and video quality is sure to impress audiophiles and film fanatics alike.
For video sources, this home theater processor can upscale lower resolution video to 4K Ultra HD, creating an optimal and high res picture quality. With a variety of video inputs, you can connect all of your video sources with ease, allowing you to transition from TV to DVDs or digital films without sacrificing the quality of video or having to struggle with cables.
Digital and Analog Capability
Featuring a number of digital and analog input ports, you can easily hook up every audio device in your home to this control hub, allowing you configure and control the audio settings of each device from one simple location. For digital audio, this home theater processor is compatible with music formats up to 24 bit/192 kHz, allowing you to play your digital tunes through this advanced speaker system with bold, vivid sound quality.
You can connect digital devices via Bluetooth, or simple plug them in to any number of the input ports, allowing you to seamlessly transition from one device to another without the hassle of changing settings. Zone A is designed for digital recordings with up to 13 channels available. For analog inputs, this home theater processor has a specific zone set up for analog stereo audio. Not only can you set up analog devices, but you can play them through your home theater system without losing any of the quality of the original recordings through the transfer.
Quality Audio Throughout Your House
This home theater processor has a number of outputs allowing you to tailor the speaker system to your specific needs. Add a variety of bass woofers, tweeters and other speakers for completely balanced, high-quality surround sound. The DSP room correction technology through the MultEQ XT32 balances the EQ settings in any room, allowing you to move speakers throughout your house without being concerned about compromising the sound quality.
Not only does this sound processor allow for a number of surround sound speakers, but you can spread them throughout your house for top-notch audio quality in multiple rooms. Featuring a three-zone configuration design, you can tailor the audio settings to three different zones in your house and send audio to those specific speakers through this audio processor. Sports in one room, movies in another and music in the third: the possibilities are endless.
Cutting-Edge Design and Aesthetics
Featuring a classic black glass cover, smooth tuning knobs and a blue digital display, this sound processor pays homage to the classic preamp processors that were widespread in the 1970s and 1980s. The timeless design features cutting-edge technology with a timeless design, making it a must-have piece of audio equipment for nostalgic audiophiles. With its gorgeous design and modern elegance, this home theater processor is just as easy on the eyes as it is on the ears.
MX122 Home Theater A/V Processor Specifications:
- MULTI-CHANNEL OUTPUTS BALANCED: 11.2 (also known as 7.2.4)
- MULTI-CHANNEL INPUTS UNBALANCED: 7.1
- MULTI-CHANNEL OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 13.2 (only 11.2 speaker channels can be used at one time; when connecting 12 or more speakers, the output automatically switches according to the input signal and sound mode)
- STEREO INPUTS BALANCED: 1
- STEREO INPUTS UNBALANCED: 8 (including Moving Magnet Phono)
- STEREO OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 2
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 2
- DIGITAL COAXIAL OUTPUT: 0
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 2
- DIGITAL OPTICAL OUTPUT: 0
- AES/EBU BALANCED INPUT: 0
- HDMI INPUT: 7, HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through
- HDMI OUTPUT: 3. HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through
- HDBT OUTPUT: 0
- USB: 1 Type A
- COMPONENT INPUT: 3
- COMPONENT OUTPUT: 2
- COMPOSITE INPUT: 4
- COMPOSITE OUTPUT: 2
- S-VIDEO INPUT: 0
- S-VIDEO OUTPUT: 0
- SUBWOOFER 2 OUTPUT: Yes (discrete signal from subwoofer 1)
- NETWORK CONNECTION: 1
- MAX # OF AUDIO CHANNELS IN ZONE A: 13
- ADDITIONAL ZONE OUTPUTS:
- Zone 2: HDMI audio/video, component video, composite video, analog stereo audio
- Zone 3: Analog stereo audio
- ADVANCED CONNECTIONS: Ethernet Web interface and firmware update, IP-based control, Web Data Streaming, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION (DSP BYPASS): 0.005%
- DOLBY PROCESSING: Atmos/True HD/Digital Plus&EX/Pro Logic IIz, IIx
- DTS PROCESSING: DTS:X/HD Master & High Res. Audio/ES/96/24, Discrete & Matrix6.1/Neo:6/Express/Neural
- AURO PROCESSING: Auro 3D, Auro-Matic, Auro 9.1, 10.1, 11.1
- PURE STEREO DSP BYPASS MODE: Yes
- VIDEO SCALING: 4K Upconversion
- THIRD PARTY CONTROL: RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- TONE CONTROLS: 9 Band Equalizer, Bass and Treble
- OSD OVERLAY ON HDMI OUTPUT: Yes
- INPUT-OUTPUT FORMAT INDICATORS: 9 in and 9 out
- CONTROL OF MCINTOSH SOURCES: Yes, by handheld MX122 remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- CHANNEL FORMATS: 11.2 (7.2.4), 7.1, 5.1, Stereo
- DSP ROOM CORRECTION: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume, DSX
- MICROPHONE AND STAND INCLUDED: Yes
- NETWORK FEATURES: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, vTuner
- UNIQUE CROSSOVER FREQUENCY, EACH SPEAKER: Yes
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Rear Panel USB-Apple Dock, HDMI in standby, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 7-5/8" (19.37cm) (including feet) x 19-1/2" (49.53cm) (including front panel, knobs, rear panel connections and USB drive)
- WEIGHT: 31 lbs (14 kg)