MC205 Multichannel Power Amplifier
An incredible blend of power and versatility, the MC205 delivers all the explosive dynamics required by today’s demanding high-performance home theater systems. Dynamic Power Manager (DPM), an exclusive McIntosh technology, insures top performance at 8 and 4 ohms, enabling the MC205 to deliver 200 watts per channel into a wide variety of loudspeakers. The MC205 offers outstanding versatility, and can be used as a five-channel home theater amplifier, as well as a two zone amplifier with three channels in one zone and the remaining two channels assigned to a second zone.
- POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEM: A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
- POWER GUARD: A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
- SENTRY MONITOR: Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
- DYNAMIC POWER MANAGER (DPM): By matching the characteristics of the output stage to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers DPM insures the most efficient power transfer, reduces distortion, and promotes cool operation; with DPM you get all the power you paid for.
- WATTMETER: Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.