McIntosh MR87 AM/FM Tuner Overview
Blending McIntosh's timeless approach to radio tuners with modern technology, the McIntosh MR87 AM/FM Tuner is the best of the old and the new. Featuring modern radio-frequency circuitry, this AM/FM tuner can receive FM signals from farther distances than traditional stereo systems, offering you absolute clarity from local radio stations, and the advanced DSP tuning offers minimal static and distortion. The RAA2 AM antenna is designed with a 20-ft. cable that gives you ultimate flexibility in placement for the best signal possible. With a smooth tuning knob and glass dial with illuminated pointer, this stereo tuner has a classic aesthetic sure to offer a comfortable and convenient tuning experience. With its digital readout display, you will always know what station is playing, the genre of music and the artist name and song title — a modern development sure to make channel-surfing easier. Finally, this stereo system includes analog and digital output to allow you to connect it to your preamplifier and speaker system with ease.
- AM/FM bands
- Store up to 20 stations in each AM and FM internal memory system
- Manual tuning knob and automatic-scanning remote offer precise station control
- Display system includes AM and FM setting, radio station name, genre of music, artist name and song title (when transferred by radio station signal)
- Radio-frequency circuitry and RAA2 AM antenna offers exceptional AM and FM reception at great distances and with exceptional sound quality
- Advanced DSP tuning minimizes multipath tuning noise from AM/FM tuner such as static and distortion, resulting in a crisp, clear signal
- Analog and digital outputs allow stereo system to be connected to preamplifier and other home audio components to create custom sound system
- Includes remote to control volume and scan radio stations
- Classic black glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps housed in an attractive, polished stainless steel chassis
- Dimensions: 6" H x 18" W x 17.5" D
- Weight: 25.5 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Crystal-Clear AM and FM Signals
Featuring advanced DSP tuning technology, this stereo system minimized multipath tuning noise, resulting in crisp, clear audio at great distances. The modern radio-frequency circuitry allows this AM/FM tuner to receive FM signals from greater distances than traditional stereos without the fear of being overloaded, giving you access to more radio stations than ever before. Forget about streaming, now all of your favorite music will be available for free over the airwaves.
Designed with an RAA2 AM antenna with a 20-ft. cable, you can easily move the antenna cable around your home to find the place with the best signal, allowing for crystal-clear reception. Because of this, you can place your stereo system in the most convenient location for your decor while moving the antenna for optimal reception, allowing you to design your media room without being restricted by your signal reception.
Modern Technology and Convenient Features
Made with a variety of modern features, this home stereo is designed for maximum convenience. The bright digital display presents a variety of information that is transmitted from individual radio stations, including the station name, music genre, artist name and song title, allowing you to manually channel-surf with ease. For added convenience, up to 20 stations can be stores in the internal memory for both AM and FM radio, ensuring you can keep track of your favorite stations even at great distances.
Luxury Design and Classic Aesthetic
Featuring a black glass front panel, smooth tuning knobs, brushed aluminum end caps, and a polished stainless steel chassis, this AM/FM tuner draws on the elegant aesthetic of classic 1970s stereo systems to create a stereo that is both cutting-edge and timeless. The sophisticated look and feel of this system is sure to impress audiophiles and interior designers alike, making it a great piece to build your media room around.
Following McIntosh's legacy of creating bold, innovative home technology, this AM/FM tuner will revolutionize how you listen to the radio, giving you access to more stations than ever before, and providing you with crisp, clear audio sure to impress.
Easily Pair it with Any Speaker System
Including both analog and digital outputs, you can easily connect this home stereo to your favorite speaker system, allowing you to create a custom surround sound system that hooks up to AM and FM radio with ease. The balanced stereo outputs make it easy to tailor the sound to your living room and specific speaker setup, ensuring the audio quality will not be compromised.
Beyond its AM/FM capabilities, you can also connect this system to external CD players, turntables, and home theater devices to create a comprehensive audio system. For audiophiles and radio-enthusiasts alike, nothing compares to the powerful technology and classic design features in this AM/FM tuner.
- FM tuning range: 87.9MHz - 107.9MHz
- FM channel spacing: 50kHz, 100kHz, or 200kHz
- FM antenna input: 75 ohms, Type F coax connector
- Useable sensitivity: 2.2uV (18.1dBf)
- 50dB quieting sensitivity: 1.5uV (14.8dBf)
- Signal to noise ratio
- Mono: 70dB
- Stereo: 68dB
- Frequency response: ±1dB 20Hz to 15,000Hz
- Total harmonic distortion
- Mono: 0.4%
- Stereo: 0.8%
- Channel selectivity
- 60dB adjacent channel
- 66dB alternate channel
- Stereo separation: 38dB
- AM tuning range: 530kHz - 1710kHz
- AM channel spacing: 10kHz
- AM antenna input: Balanced, RJ45 connector
- Sensitivity: 350uV/m
- Signal to noise ratio: 50dB
- Frequency response: 0dB, -6dB 50Hz to 3000Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.5%
- Selectivity: 45dB adjacent channel
- Digital coaxial output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohm
- Digital optical output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Sampling frequency: 48kHz
- Outputs unbalanced: 1 stereo
- Outputs balanced: 1 stereo
- Digital coaxial output: 1
- Digital optical output: 1
- AM antenna input: 1
- FM antenna input: 1
- Rear panel data input
- Rear panel IR sensor input
- Power control input
- Power control output
- RS232 control input
- Service port
- Bands: AM/FM
- Rated output
- 1Vms unbalanced
- 2Vms balanced
- Output impedance: 100 ohms unbalanced or balanced
- Standby power requirement: <0.5W
- Weight: 25.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 17 1/2" x 6" x 18"
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MR87 AM/FM Tuner
- Remote control