The McIntosh MCT450 Will Breathe New Life Into Your Disc Collection
Rediscover your disc collection with McIntosh’s MCT450 SACD/CD Transport. A “transport” is a disc player that’s devoid of internal digital to analog conversion and analog outputs, allowing the disc reading stage to be isolated from any possible interference. The MCT450 carries multiple digital output options - you can seamlessly integrate the MCT450 with other McIntosh components using DIN, for a spectacular audio performance with classic visual styling and an illuminated logo.
- McIntosh’s superior quality and high-end performance
- Twin laser elements for reading both CDs and SACDs
- Advanced digital servo for fast and quiet operation
- Linear Power Supply for noise free operation during power variation
- Digital DIN Output for SACD playback with McIntosh's newest preamps and integrated amps
- Multiple Digital Output options (Coaxial, Optical, XLR, and DIN)
- Disc compatibility includes SACD, Hybrid SACD, CD, CD-R/RW (MP3 and WMA)
- Multi-function front panel display
- Power Control Input manages power On/Off with other McIntosh components
- Glass front panel and super mirror chassis with LED logo illumination.
- Remote control with illuminated buttons (included)
- Dual Wi-Fi antennas for a strong wireless connection (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Dimensions – (WxHxD) 17-1/2” x 6” x 19”
- Weight – 40.5 pounds
- Warranty – 3 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Take Your Listening
to the Purest Level
Listening to a compact disc or SACD should result in nothing less than digital purity. The McIntosh MCT450 achieves that goal with refinement only available from a company like McIntosh. Using a twin laser optical pickup, the MCT450 possesses the ability to read a wide variety of discs, including SACD when using the DIN output jack with compatible McIntosh models. Your music has never sounded better. And with classic styling and that famous McIntosh illuminated glass front panel, it’s a component that confidently boasts luxury.
Worn Disc Playability
With an advanced digital servo, the MCT450 not only has quieter operation, but also reads disc data at twice the normal rate resulting in better disc tracking and correction for discs that have scratches and damage.
Digital Output Connectivity
Because the MCT450 doesn’t carry an onboard DAC, it must be connected to an external preamplifier or DAC. Owners can tap a variety of digital outputs to do the job, including optical, coaxial, XLR, and DIN. McIntosh owners will find DIN’s pure data transfer to be the most convenient, as its directly compatible with select McIntosh models (like the C47 preamp) and necessary for playback of SACDs.
Pure McIntosh Design
McIntosh products always look the part, and the MCT450 is no different. It’s chassis features a gorgeous stainless steel super mirror finish, while the glass front panel carries the McIntosh name illuminated by custom fiber optic light diffusers and LEDs. In addition to a variety of front facing controls and a display indicator, the MCT450 also has a die cast aluminum tray for smooth operation.
McIntosh is a name that’s synonymous with unquestionable quality in the audio world. And after nearly seven successful decades in the industry, the company is still setting a bar for performance that others strive to reach. Its secret is adhering to the same values that launched the company in 1949: uncompromising design and precise craftsmanship, both of which are used to consistently create the company’s signature sound. McIntosh products are still handmade in the USA at its facility in Binghamton, New York.
Your Discs Deserve Better
The MCT450 is an audiophile’s dream transport, loaded with wide ranging disc compatibility (including incredibly dynamic SACDs). With digital outputs allowing for seamless integration with other McIntosh components, and an internal design for signal precision, you’ll hear amazing amounts of detail from your disc collection.
- Number of Channels: 2
- Analog Audio Outputs: 0
- Digital Output Sample Rate:
- Coaxial: Up to 24-Bit/96kHz
- Optical: Up to 24-Bit/192kHz
- XLR: Up to 24-Bit/192kHz, Up to 32-Bit/96kHz
- Digital Coaxial Output: 0.5V p-p/75 ohms
- Digital Optical Output: -15dbm to -21dbm
- Digital XLR Output: 5V p-p/150 ohms
- Digital DIN Output: 3V @110 ohms
- Digital Coaxial Output: 1
- Digital Optical Output: 1
- Digital XLR Output: 1
- Digital DIN Output: 1
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Rear Panel Data Input: Yes
- Power Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: Yes
- Disc Formats: SACD, Hybrid SACD, CD, CD-R/RW (MP3 and WMA)
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Laser Type: Twin beam
- Laser Beam Wavelength:
- 650nm (SACD)
- 790nm (CD)
- Laser Power: CLASS IIa/CLASS I
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.5 watt
Weight and Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/2" x 6" x 19"
- Note: When the disc tray is opened, the panel clearance required in front of mounting panel is 6 3/4 inches.
- Weight: 26 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MCT450 SACD/CD Transport