The all-in-one system with McIntosh Labs quality - McIntosh's McAire Integrated Audio System is an audiophile's dream micro system. This audio system connects through your WiFi network, and uses AirPlay to wirelessly stream music from your Apple devices. It has two built-in 4" woofers, two 2" midranges, and two 3/4" tweeters, covering all of your audio needs. There's also USB docking for both playback and charging, so most devices are compatible.
The McIntosh McAire integrated audio system delivers the legendary McIntosh look and sound quality in a compact size. Built in AirPlay allows you to wirelessly stream music via your Wi-Fi network* from your Mac or PC based iTunes library, as well as music stored on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Utilizing a USB cable, iPod classic and select iPod Nanos can also be connected (see Specifications for complete list of compatible Apple devices).
Featuring two 4” woofers, two 2” midranges and two ¾” tweeters, the McAire can breathe new life into your digital library; depending on your previous iTunes playback device, the McAire may be like hearing your music again for the first time. To meet your room aesthetics or personal preference, the speaker grilles are easily removed to expose the midranges and tweeters.
USB docking is available for all day playback and charging, with song selection and volume handled by the included remote control. Computers, TVs and other sources may be quickly connected for full range, high fidelity sound.
The McAire’s space saving design and room filling sound makes this system versatile enough to accommodate the audio needs of any room in your home.
*AirPlay requires iTunes 10.1 or later and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later. To wirelessly stream music to the McAire, a wireless router is required. Router not included. iPhone shown with McIntosh AP1 Music Player. App available on the iTunes App Store. iPhone not included.“Made for iPod” and “Made for iPhone” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod or iPhone respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, or iPhone, may affect wireless performance. AirPlay, the AirPlay logo, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. Individual users are permitted to use iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and iPod touch for private copy and playback of non-copyrighted contents and contents whose copy and playback is permitted by law. Copyright infringement is prohibited by law.
McIntosh Labs McAire Audio System Specifications:
- Wired RJ45, 10/100 Base-T; Wireless 802.11, WPA; Apple AirPlay
- Type A Connector with Host Mode Music Streaming; 1Amp Charging for iPhone and iPod
- Input Sensitivity - 200mVRMS nominal; Maximum Input Signal - 2.2VRMS; Stereo RCA Connectors
System Driver Complement
- Two 4 inch Woofers (dual acoustic ports); Two 2 inch Inverted Dome Midranges; Two 3/4 inch Dome Tweeters
- 60Hz - 45kHz
- High Gloss Black
- Black Knit Cloth
- Field AC Voltage conversion of the McAire is not possible. The McAire is factory configured for one of the following AC Voltages:
- 100V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- 110V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- 120V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- 220V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- 230V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- 240V ~ 50/60Hz at 25 watts
- Standby: Less than 0.5 watt
- Note: Refer to the rear panel of the McAire for the correct voltage.
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 19-3/8" (49.2cm) x 8" (20.3cm) (including wi-fi antenna in vertical posistion) x 17" (43.2cm) (including connectors and wi-fi antenna)
- 31 lbs., (14 kg)
- 44 lbs., (19.9 kg)
- The McAire is compatible with the following Apple Mobile Devices with the latest version of the Apple OS Software installed:
AirPlay Connection or USB Connection
- iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
AirPlay Connection only
- iPad, iPad 2, iPad New
USB Connection only
- iPod classic, iPod nano (6th generation), iPod nano (5th generation)