Some of the best vacuum tube amplifiers come from McIntosh Labs, and the MC75 Power Amplifier follows the trend. It provides 75 watts of continuous power into a 2, 4 or 8 ohm speaker with drastically-reduced distortion. Using the patented Unity Coupled Circuit design, you can expect an improved lifespan of the vacuum tubes, while assisting with its overall frequency response.
The MC75 mono vacuum tube power amplifier delivers modern performance standards in a classic design. It has all the features to meet the needs of today’s music enthusiast. As with all McIntosh mono amplifiers, the MC75 will provide ultimate stereo separation with each channel utilizing a separate amplifier. 75 Watts of power is output into a 2, 4, or 8 ohm speaker with less than 0.5% distortion.
McIntosh’s patented Unity Coupled Circuit design provides low distortion, extended frequency response and long tube life. The MC75’s large, oversize power transformer provides unusually high power and dynamic response from a single pair of KT88 output tubes, once again setting the performance benchmark for tube amplification.
Balanced and unbalanced inputs combined with power control allow matching with all contemporary McIntosh preamps and processors. Sentry Monitor tube protection circuit will ensure the MC75 will have a long and trouble free operating life.
McIntosh Labs MC75 Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Power Output Per Channel: 75W @ 2, 4 or 8 ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%
- S/N Below Rated Output: 110dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.5dB
- Damping Factor: >18 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, input and output
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Circuit Configuration: Unity Coupled
- Circuit Design: Vacuum Tube
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Autoformer: Output Transformer
- Meters: No
- Meter Light Switch: No
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: N/A
- Illumination: Small Signal Tubes
- Chassis Style: Polished Stainless Steel
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions:
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-3/4" (45.09cm) (including cables) x 8-1/2" (21.6cm) (including feet) x 8-1/2" (21.59cm)
- Weight: 38 lbs (17.24 kg)