McIntosh MC452 450W Amplifier Overview
Elegant and powerful, the McIntosh MC452 450W Amplifier is one of the most versatile amplifiers in McIntosh's collection. Featuring two channels, each with two speaker outputs for impedance levels of 2, 4 or 8 Ohms, this stereo amplifier is compatible with virtually any speaker set up you can find. The added channel allows you to connect an alternate speaker system for a second room, or even connect the two channels to add extra subwoofers or tweeter to your sound system setup. At 450W per channel, this audio amplifier offers bold, crisp sound at any volume, ensuring you're able to flood your living room with your favorite music. Featuring a number of intuitive safeguards, you can rest easy knowing your speaker system will take care of itself while you enjoy the pristine audio in peace. The simple design, combined with its sheer power, make this stereo power amplifier a must-have component of any sound system.
- 450 Watts per channel at 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- 2 Channel design regulates audio offers a balanced sound in each speaker with the ability to create two custom channels
- 12 Outputs connect home audio amplifier to a pair of speakers
- Compatible with 2, 4, and 8 Ohm loudspeakers
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Autoformer ensures each speaker receives full power regardless of impedance for a balanced, consistent sound
- Quad Balance feature cancels noise inside stereo amplifier to prevent unwanted distortion
- Wattmeter on front panel allows for consistent power monitoring
- Subtle blue light behind meter offers vintage aesthetic
- Classic black glass front panel, polished stainless steel chassis, knobs and brushed aluminum handles for sleek style
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.005%
- Dimensions: 9.31" H x 17.5" W x 17" D
- Weight: 110 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Built for Versatility and Power
Made with two distinct channels, each offering 450W of power, this audio amplifier is praised for its versatility and volume. Easy to customize to suit your needs, the two-channel design gives you a multitude of options for setting up your sound system. From adding a woofer, tweeters, or other extra speakers to one channel to creating two distinct sounds for two different rooms, the possibilities are endless.
Designed to offer consistent signals for 2, 4, or 8 Ohm speakers, this stereo amplifier self-regulates its input and output signal, ensuring your music is always presented with the highest quality audio possible. The bright, vibrant sound is sure to be powerful enough for your media room or home stereo setup, allowing you to listen to your favorite music with the quality of the original recording.
Bold Sound and Peace of Mind
Although it's designed to offer exceptional audio quality, this stereo amplifier also features a variety of safeguards to protect your devices from damage and continue to offer high quality sound without worry. The Quad Balanced design acts as a regulator between the signal from input to output, enhancing the signal as it travels to remove distortion, muffling and other hindrances to give you a crisp, clear sound on the other end of the connection. The depth and clarity is obvious at any volume. The Power Guard circuitry prevents clipping and further distortion that comes from when the volume is too loud, so feel free to turn the volume all the way up without damaging your speakers.
The Autoformer allows you to use virtually any speakers with an impedance level of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms as it balances the signal to ensure your speakers are not overloaded with more power than they can handle, resulting in a clear, balanced sound that allows the speakers to operate at their optimal level. This feature makes it easy to customize your individual channels with speakers of different impedance levels, allowing you to add a speaker setup to another room through the audio amplifier without worrying about compromising the sound quality.
Design a Sound System Tailored to Your Needs
Designed for absolute versatility in a simple package, this stereo amplifier features a pair of output connections suitable for speakers of each impedance level, allowing for ultimate customization. Each output allows you to create traditional stereo sound with unmatched depth and clarity, which will revolutionize your auditory experience when listening to your favorite albums or playlists.
Furthermore, the input switch offers the ability to jump between balanced and unbalanced input levels, which results in even more versatility to customize the sound depending on the media device playing the music. A simple, hassle-free design that offers exceptional audio, this home audio amplifier is a must-have for seasoned audiophiles or beginners who are just starting to appreciate the difference between regular stereos and customized sound systems.
Homage to Stereo Amplifiers of the Past
Although this audio amp features a variety of cutting-edge safety features and modern electronics, its classic aesthetic is reminiscent of home speaker systems of the 1970s and 1980s. The sleek, simple aesthetic is understated and sophisticated — it doesn't need to boast. With its clean glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles, it truly looks as good as it sounds. Finally, the vintage blue meter offers a timeless look sure to impress audiophiles of any generation. Regardless of your speaker system, this stereo amplifier is sure to become the center of your sound system.
- Autoformer: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes, and output
- Chassis Style: open stainless steel
- Circuit Configuration: Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Dimensions: H x W x D 9-5/16" (24cm) x 17-1/2" (44.5cm) x 17" (43.2cm)
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency Response: +0,-0.25dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response: -3dB 10Hz to 100kHz
- Front Panel: Glass With handles
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: New Style McIntosh
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Mono Bridge: No
- Mono Parallel: No
- Multi Channel DB25 Cable: n/a
- Number of Channels: 2
- Power Output: 450W X 2 @ 2, 4 or 8 ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- S/N below rated output: 124dB
- Shipping Weight: 143 lbs., (64.9 kg)
- THD: 0.005