MC303 300 Watt Three Channel Power Amplifier
Premium cosmetics featuring a ½” thick glass faceplate, custom machined and anodized aluminum handles, and a mirror polished stainless steel chassis are standard equipment on the MC303. Power Guard, a McIntosh circuit innovation, maximizes sound quality at high power levels while our Sentry Monitor feature provides continuous short circuit protection of the amplifier and connected loudspeakers. A triple bank of Peak Reading Watt Meters provides instant recognition of power output and may be switched off for theater use.
- Three 300 Watt Channels
- 60 Amps Output Current
- Large Gold Plated Five-Way Binding Poss
- EXCLUSIVE MCINTOSH POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEM: A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
- POWER GUARD: A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
- SENTRY MONITOR: Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
- OUTPUT AUTOFORMER: Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
- WATTMETER: Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
- Power Output Per Channel: 300W @ 2, 4 or 8 ohms
- Number of Channels: 3
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N Below Rated Output: 112dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Damping Factor: >40
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary Autoformers
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Autoformer: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Front Panel: Glass with handles
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Inverted
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes
Weights & Dimensions
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-3/4" (45.09cm) x 12-3/8" (31.43cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 155lbs (70.3kg)