Rich, Unrestrained Audio
The MC302 300W Power Amplifier is designed to deliver decades of legendary musical enjoyment thanks to its outstanding build quality and advanced technical performance. It produces 300 watts of amplification per channel, and as a result of McIntosh's unique Autoformer, all this power can be delivered into 2, 4, or 8 ohm speakers. The MC302 is the perfect choice for a music lover’s dedicated stereo system. Or combine it with other McIntosh amplifiers for use in multi-channel home theater systems to drive either main or surround channels.
Many noted McIntosh technologies are incorporated into the MC302. Power Guard prevents over-driving of the amplifier and the resulting harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Sentry Monitor is our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before the current exceeds safe operating levels, and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. McIntosh's patented speaker binding posts ensure the best connection to all types of speaker wire terminations for worry-free operation. The captivating blue watt meter is not only a great conversation starter but also provides a fast and accurate reading of the amplifier’s power output. Inputs for balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting to the rest of your audio system. Visually, the MC302 shares the same timeless design cues as our other products. The polished stainless steel chassis, classic black glass front panel, knobs, and brushed aluminum end caps all complement any room or furniture style.
- Autoformer: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes
- Chassis Style: Open stainless steel
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Comp.
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Dimensions H x W x D: 9 5/16" x 17 1/2" x 17"
- Weight: 98 lbs.
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8dB
- Frequency Response +0, -0.25dB: 20Hz to 20kHz/ +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Frequency Response -3dB: 10Hz to 100kHz
- Front Panel: Glass
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: New Style McIntosh
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Mono Parallel: No
- Multi Channel DB25 Cable: n/a
- Number of Channels: 2
- Power Output: 300W at 2, 4, or 8 ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- S/N Below Rated Output: 122
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MC302 300W Power Amplifier