McIntosh MC301 Monoblock Power Amplifier Overview
Small in size but powerful nonetheless, The McIntosh MC301 Monoblock Power Amplifier is designed to get the most out of your surround sound system. Delivering 300W of power, this single-channel audio amplifier is designed for a simple, hassle-free surround system experience without sacrificing the sheer auditory power you crave. At just 6-in tall, it is significantly smaller than most amplifier models, allowing you to place it in whatever location will provide the best sound and most convenient setup. Don't let its size fool you — this McIntosh monoblock home stereo amplifier still contains all of the cutting-edge technology that has made them a leader in the industry for decades. Featuring their Quad Balanced design, internal noise is cancelled inside the Autoformer, resulting in maximum power with minimum distortion for absolute clarity. The Power Guard circuitry prevents the distortion and clipping that often comes from cranking the volume too high, which also protects your speakers from damage.
- 300W per channel at 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- 1 Channel design regulates audio for a balanced sound in each speaker
- 6 Outputs connect home audio amplifier to a pair of speakers
- Compatible with 2, 4, and 8 Ohm loudspeakers
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.005%
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Autoformer ensures each speaker receives full power regardless of impedance for a balanced, consistent sound
- Quad Balance feature cancels noise inside stereo amplifier Autoformer to prevent unwanted distortion
- Wattmeter on front panel allows for consistent power monitoring
- Subtle blue light behind meter offers vintage aesthetic
- Classic black glass front panel and silver end caps offer sleek style
- Dimensions: 6" H x 17.5" W (including feet) x 21" D (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 67 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Small in Stature with Massive Power
Built as a small, simple stereo amplifier, this monoblock packs enough power to fill your media room with crisp, dynamic audio. Featuring 300W of power on a single channel, this monoblock will work alongside your speaker system to immerse you in the environment of whatever happens to be on screen. From heavy, thumping bass to subtle, delicate dialogue, this audio amplifier will ensure that your home theater has balanced, high-quality audio from any seat in the house.
Designed with Safety in Mind
Built to offer exceptional sound in a safe, worry-free package, this stereo amplifier features a variety of modern technical features to protect your hardware from damage and preserve the quality of your audio. The Power Guard circuitry prevents clipping and unwanted distortion when the volume is cranked, protecting your speakers from blowing when heavy bass or shrieking high-end audio comes through. The Quad Balanced design cancels noise from inside the Autoformer, allowing the amplifier to operate at maximum volume while preventing as much distortion as possible.
The Autoformer itself is designed to balance the power output to ensure each speaker is powered fully, regardless of the impedance levels, offering a balanced sound and ensuring that your speakers are not overwhelmed with power. As a result, it prevents your speakers from being damaged and the sound quality from becoming compromised. Finally, the meter light lets you keep track of how much power is being produced by the home audio amplifier and sent to the speakers, which lets you avoid overwhelming the speakers while still enjoying your music and movies with high volume.
Create Your Own Custom Sound System
Designed for great sound and ultimate versatility in a small package, this audio amplifier features a pair of output connections for any sized speaker: 2 Ohms, 4 Ohms, or 8 Ohms. As a result, this stereo amp is compatible with a variety of speaker systems, allowing for a full two-speaker stereo sound. The input mode switch allows you to change from balanced input to unbalanced, giving you more freedom to tailor the input levels to each device you plug in. For a no-frills sound system setup, this monoblock is sure to impress even the most fickle audiophiles with its simplicity and sheer power.
Blending Modern Technology with a Vintage Aesthetic
A marvel of modern electronic design, this home stereo amplifier is small enough to power your sound system with ease. Its sleek, smooth aesthetic is sure to impress fans of modern electronics, while the nostalgic blue light meter and classic McIntosh logo pay homage to vintage stereo units from the '70s and '80s. The black glass front panel and silver end caps are clean and contemporary, while the simple front display portrays a subtle, understated elegance that is sure to revitalize the aesthetic of any dull, stale media room while making you fall in love with your home theater system all over again.
McIntosh Labs MC301 Monoblock Power Amplifier Specifications:
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 300W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 1
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT:
- 120dB Balanced
- 118dB Unbalanced
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 2.0dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: >40 Wideband
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: No
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Push-Pull Complementary
- CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
- MONO BRIDGE: N/A
- MONO PARALLEL: N/A
- AUTOFORMER: Yes
- METERS: Yes
- METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
- BALANCED INPUT: Yes
- FRONT PANEL: Glass
- ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
- CHASSIS STYLE: Enclosed Steel
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes, New Style McIntosh
Weights & Dimensions
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 6" (15.24cm) (including feet) x 21" (50.8cm) (including front panel and cables)
- WEIGHT: 67 lbs (30.4 kg)