The McIntosh Labs MC2KW Monoblock Reference Power Amplifier is power incarnate. It delivers 2,000 watts of continuous power, as well as 8,000 watts of maximum power into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers. With wattage like this, you'll be fully taking advantage of your highest-quality speakers. It uses McIntosh Autoformer technology to ensure full power distribution and Power Guard prevents any potential damage.
The MC2KW monoblock amplifier is designed to exceed the demands of true lifelike playback levels, capable of delivering 2,000 watts of continuous power and 8,000 watts of peak power into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers. But sheer power output is just the beginning of the story.
The MC2KW’s unique design incorporates three modules. Two 1,000 watt power modules each contain half the circuitry and a power supply. The output module houses the input and output connections, meter, and output transformer; it also functions as the control center. The MC2KW features McIntosh’s Quad Balanced circuitry design which, in the process of creating such extraordinary power, cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have been introduced into the audio signal. This leaves a clean signal that even when amplified to high levels is still as pure as when it entered the amplifier from the preamplifier.
Other McIntosh technologies are included in the MC2KW. The world famous McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive full power regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard will prevent clipping that could damage them. Three sets of speaker connections are included to allow for tri-wiring your speakers if they are so designed. Sentry Monitor is a fuseless short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are available for connecting to the rest of your system. The large, blue watt meter is not only mesmerizing to look at but also provides a swift and accurate reading of the amplified signal.
All three modules are housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles along with nearly any room décor. The MC2KW is perfect for both 2-channel music lovers as well as in-home theater systems.
McIntosh Labs MC2KW Monoblock Power Amplifier Highlights:
- Balanced and Unbalanced Inputs
- Thruputs for Bi and Tri-Amping
- Connections for 8, 4, and 2 Ohms
- 3 Full Sets of Terminals for Tri-Wiring
- Power Control Triggers (In and Out)
- Peak Responding Output Meter
- Meter Hold Front Panel Switch
- Silent Convection Cooling
- Cool-Running High Efficiency Circuits
- Thermal Track Output Transistors
- Safe Operation to Below 2 Ohms
- Sentry Monitor Protection
- Power Line Inrush Protection
- Fiber Optic Front Panel Lighting
McIntosh Labs MC2KW Monoblock Power Amplifier Features:
- EXCLUSIVE MCINTOSH POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEM - A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
- POWER GUARD - A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
- SENTRY MONITOR - Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
- OUTPUT AUTOFORMER - Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
- WATTMETER - Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
McIntosh Labs MC2KW Monoblock Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Power Output Per Channel: 2000W @ 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N Below Rated Output: 123dB Unbalanced; 127dB Balanced
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
- Damping Factor: >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: N/A
- Circuit Configuration: Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design: Transistor
- Mono Bridge: N/A
- Mono Parallel: N/A
- Autoformer: Yes
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: Yes-2
- Front Panel: 1/2" Glass with handles
- Illumination: LED Fiber Optic
- Chassis Style: Open Stainless Steel (each module)
- Gold Plated Binding Posts: Yes, 200 amp, 3 sets for each tap
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Each Module: 17-3/4" (45.09cm) x 12-5/16" (31.27cm) (including feet) x 26-5/8" (62.54cm) (including the front panel, handles, knobs and interconnect cables)
- Output Module (1 included): 123 lbs (55.8 kg)
- Power Module (2 included): 127 lbs (57.6 kg) each