For the extra powerful kick your home theater system needs,
the McIntosh Labs MC207 Multi-Channel Power Amplifier is the best addition. It
features 200 watts per channel for 7 channels, which is perfect for a
7.1-channel system. It uses a mixture of McIntosh-exclusive technologies, like
its power-assurance system and Power Guard, which protects the amp and the
loudspeakers in addition to providing healthy power to each output.
The MC207 is the most flexible McIntosh multi-channel amplifier. With seven 200 watt channels available the MC207 is the perfect choice 7.1 home theaters or 5.1 theaters with the remaining 2 channels utilized for a second stereo zone.
The eye-catching design of the MC207 features a mirror polished stainless steel chassis and traditional McIntosh glass frontpanel. Three True Power Peak Responding Wattmeters provide real time power information while long lasting fiber-optic/LED frontpanel illumination insures user-friendly control and a beautiful appearance. The first amplifier to employ the newly-developed Dynamic Power Manager (DPM) circuit design, the MC207 delivers a full 200 watts x 7 channels into either 4 or 8-Ohm loudspeakers for maximum performance.
- Seven 200 Watt Channels
- Two-Zone Operation
- McIntosh Glass Panel with Fiber-Optic Illuminated Nomenclature
- Soft-Start In-Rush Current Protection
- Oversized, Cool-Running Power Supply
- Remote Power Control Trigger
- Multi-Way Speaker Binding Posts
- Balanced XLR and Unbalanced RCA
- Gold Plated Input Jacks
- EXCLUSIVE MCINTOSH POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEM: A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
- POWER GUARD: A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
- SENTRY MONITOR: Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
- DYNAMIC POWER MANAGER (DPM): By matching the characteristics of the output stage to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers DPM insures the most efficient power transfer, reduces distortion, and promotes cool operation; with DPM you get all the power you paid for.
- WATTMETER: Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.