McIntosh MC207 Multi-Channel Power Amplifier Overview
The McIntosh MC207 Multi-Channel Power Amplifier is designed to offer bold, heart-pounding sound through your custom home theater system. Featuring 200W per channel over seven channels, this power amplifier offers huge sound without compromising audio quality, ensuring your home theater will sound great at any volume from any medium. For added protection when cranking the volume, this home amplifier utilizes Power Guard technology, which monitors the input and output signals and adjusts frequency and volume levels to prevent the audio from clipping or becoming distorted, resulting in a crisp sound with optimal clarity. With seven channels, this audio amplifier is designed for a massive sound from 7:1 home theater sound systems, but is also suited to 5:1 theaters, allowing you to use the remaining two channels on an extra home theater unit. Finally, the gorgeous design fuses modern technology and timeless audio aesthetics — something that will impress audiophiles from any generation.
- 200 Watts per channel at 4 or 8 Ohms
- 7 Channels for a variety of surround sound output speakers
- 7 Inputs connect stereo amplifier to a variety of audio devices
- Compatible with 4 to 8 Ohm loudspeakers
- Two-zone operation for multi-stereo use
- Power Guard monitors input and output signals to prevent clipping and distortion
- Dynamic Power Manager matches characteristics of output signals to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers to ensure optimal sound quality and efficient power transfer
- Wattmeters on front panel allow for consistent power monitoring
- Sentry monitor prevents short circuits in stereo amplifier by disabling the output if it exceeds safe levels
- Classic black glass front panel, polished stainless steel chassis, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps for sleek style
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.005%
- Dimensions: 9.44" H x 17.5" W x 21" D
- Weight: 83 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years- World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Huge Sound Through 7 Channels
Featuring seven channels with 200W capabilities, this stereo amplifier packs a strong auditory punch. From music to film audio, this powerful amplifier is sure to revolutionize your home theater surround system by maximizing the auditory output of your speakers. Perfect for theaters designed with 7:1 surround sound ratio, this amplifier distributes the audio evenly. It also tweaks various audio levels to ensure a balanced sound with optimal clarity through 4- or 8-Ohm loudspeakers. Easily connect this home theater amplifier to your seven-piece surround sound system for unrivaled power and clarity.
Bold Audio Without the Risk
Designed with McIntosh's cutting-edge audio technology, this modern stereo amplifier includes a variety of safety features to protect your hardware from damage while still offering uncompromising audio at any volume. The Power Guard adjusts input levels to prevent your audio from clipping and becoming distorted at high volumes, while the Dynamic Power Manager (DPM) matches the characteristics of various output levels — 4 or 8 Ohm, depending on the speaker system — to reduce static, distortion, and ensure the sound system will not overheat after consistent use.
For added safety and optimal audio conditions, this stereo amplifier also features three blue wattmeters that allow you to keep track of the power consumption with exceptional accuracy. From there, you can ensure you do not overwhelm the power limits of your speakers, preventing a blown speaker and compromised audio quality. As well, the sentry monitor is designed to disengage output power if it exceeds a safe operating level, ensuring the amplifier will not short-circuit when played at high volumes.
Multiple Inputs and Outputs
This seven-channel amp is the perfect stereo amplifier for a 7:1 ratio sound system, allowing for each piece of your surround sound system to be connected to the amplifier, creating a sound that is both lifelike and in perfect harmony. It is also ideal for those who want to create a five-piece surround sound system, reserving the extra two channels for an old-school, two-speaker stereo system for listening to music. For audiophiles who crave flexibility, this stereo amplifier makes it easier than ever to connect your devices and customize the sound system to your unique needs.
Classic Design, Vintage Aesthetic
With a stylish design reminiscent of vintage '70s and '80s stereos, this home audio amplifier reflects the cool aesthetic of classic audio technology while also offering cutting-edge, modern features. The LED front panel lights up a bright blue, allowing you to read the audio settings in the dark, while the black glass front panel, polished stainless steel chassis, knobs and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps offer unmatched style. Regardless of what decade you were born, this stereo amplifier is sure to impress any audiophile.