Relay is more than a Bluetooth receiver; it’s also a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC), the electronic device that converts digital ones and zeroes into sound you can hear. Inside Relay is a legendary Burr-Brown 5102, a costly DAC usually found only in top shelf audiophile home audio and home theatre systems. Relay’s Cirrus microprocessor decodes aptX, a superior performance digital audio codec used in later-generation smart devices (particularly Android OS). This combination of advanced hardware and firmware preserves all the musical detail, dynamic range and full bandwidth response that elevate digital music from a mere collection of notes up to emotion-packed artistic expression. Don’t settle for only half of your music’s performance with cheap, low-fidelity Bluetooth receivers.
Mass Fidelity Relay Hi-Fi Bluetooth Receiver Highlights:
- Bluetooth personal-area network DAC
- Makes any audio system wireless
- Takes only 1 minute to set up and start playing music
- No wireless router network required
- Ultra-fidelity professional grade digital and analog components and circuit topology
- Easy pairing – no app required
- Party Pairing™ makes it fast and easy to switch between Bluetooth devices
- Turbo Pairing™ saves time to re-pairing
- 24 Bit Burr-Brown DAC
- 24 bit Cirrus Logic digital audio processor with 128dB dynamic range and 0.0001% THD
- aptX and AAC decoders
- Chassis machined from solid aerospace-grade aluminum
- Gold plated audio output jacks
- Analog and 24 bit digital audio outputs
- High quality stereo RCA-RCA and RCA-3.5mm signal cables included
- Universal voltage power supply with international plug adapters included
Mass Fidelity Relay Hi-Fi Bluetooth Receiver Features:
- Cutting edge electronics and aptX audio decoding combine to unleash true high fidelity sound. Enjoy the convenience of wireless connectivity with all the clarity, deep bass and full emotional impact your home stereo or home theater sound system can deliver.
- The Relay can play any audio source a Bluetooth-enabled device can access, opening up a virtually unlimited choice of music to enjoy through your audio system.
Freedom to move and groove
- Free yourself from the chains of wired music sources. Relay allows you to control the music of your choice while you move around your home. Go ahead, dance! (nobody's looking)
- Pairing any smart device to Relay is a snap. By taking advantage of modern wireless streaming protocols the Relay doesn’t require any external software to be added to your device in order to give you full control.
- With the vast array of wireless audio options such as Airplay, Sonos, Roku and countless others, why did we choose Bluetooth especially when Bluetooth has a reputation for poor sound quality and limited operating range? Fair question. Every modern smartphone, tablet and laptop is Bluetooth equipped so it affords instant compatibility for millions of people. There is no need to own or be within range of a wireless router. There’s no need to synchronize playlists and accounts between devices. There is no need to download an App to make it work; in fact it only takes 1 minute to set up and start playing music. Bluetooth is a familiar technology to millions of people so it is not intimidating and difficult to set up, as are the router-dependent systems. The surging popularity of portable Bluetooth speakers attests to the public’s enthusiasm for the technology’s convenience.
Long range wireless performance
- Limited range and signal dropouts have traditionally plagued wireless audio systems. The Relay employs the latest technologies and superior components such as an ultra low-loss connector and external high gain antenna to ensure consistent, glitch-free performance for 10 meters (30 feet) or much more.*
- * Range is dependent on number and materials of obstructing walls.
Noise free sound
- You want to be able to enjoy great sounding music and run the microwave, don’t you? Of course you do. Low quality wireless audio speakers and systems are prone to picking up noise generated by home appliances, other wireless devices and fluorescent lights. Relay’s linear low noise, low-dropout regulators and superior input noise filters reject signal noise and interference from the outside world while its Triple Star Ground circuit geometry eliminates any possibility of ground loop induced hum. Question: Why does my wireless audio system hum? Answer #1: It doesn’t know the words. Answer #2: It’s not a Relay!
A more precise clock
- “Jitter” is a form of distortion that relates to a digital system’s “clocking.” Huh, what? It’s complicated; jitter is bad and you don’t want any of it in your audio path. Relay’s ultra stable phase locked audio sample clock vastly reduces jitter allowing the DAC to render the audio signal more faithfully. Just one more reason why Relay sounds distortion free and utterly faithful to the music the artist intended you to hear.
Choose your DAC
- Do you have an outboard DAC in your system that you love? No problem; thanks to its unique Uni-fi output stage you have the option of using your outboard DAC with Relay. With a 5 second push of the power button Relay switches the two RCA jacks to output 24 bit S/PDIF digital.* Either with its built-in DAC or an outboard DAC you’ll get the very best possible wireless Bluetooth sound quality.
- *Only one output required per DAC. Yes, you can feed a digital stream to two separate outboard DACs.
Unlimited Music and Control
- Relay doesn’t require any apps or software in order to give you full control! Within minutes you’ll be able to choose and control any digital music source accessible from your smart device. With Relay and a smart device your home audio or home theater system will have full access to a virtually unlimited universe of music via streaming services like Spotify and Pandora plus thousands of online radio stations and podcasts. You can also access any music library, whether cloud-based or on a wireless home network. Imagine having all the digital music you own immediately available on every audio system in your home!* The possibilities are endless.
- *Requires one Relay per system.
Mass Fidelity Relay Hi-Fi Bluetooth Receiver Specifications
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz +/- 0.02dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 112dB
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- THD: -93dB
- D/A Converter: Burr Brown 5102, 24 Bit
- Input Power: 5 Volts DC, 1A
- Output Voltage: 2 Volts RMS
- Compatible Power Systems: 110-240 Volt
- Bluetooth Module: aptX enabled CSR module
- Bluetooth Range: 10 m; 30 ft.
- Supported Codecs: aptX, SBC, A2DP, AAC
- Antenna Maximum VSWR: 1.6 : 1
- Antenna Peak Gain: 2.2dB
- Enclosure: Machined aluminum
- Dimensions: 115x100x36 mm; 4.6” x 4” x 1.4” (LxWxH)
- Weight: 380 g; 13.4 oz.
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Relay Hi-Fi Bluetooth DAC
- RCA-RCA cable
- RCA-3.5mm cable
- DC power supply with International adapters
- Quick Setup Guide