The elegant Motion 40 tower speakers are the newest additions to MartinLogan's award-winning Motion® Series. Voice-matched with the entire Motion Series products, the new Motion 40 speakers feature MartinLogan's advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter and have been designed with a luscious high-gloss piano black finish, subtle angled-top cabinet with soft radius corners and signature MartinLogan perforated grille.
The elegant Motion 40 features an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, a 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange driver and dual 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofers.
Part of the secret to the Motion 40's outstanding performance lies in the dual oversized black-aluminum cone woofers paired with a rear-firing bass port. The oversized woofer design creates increased cone area delivering higher output and audibly richer, deeper bass performance than it's slightly smaller sibling, the Motion 20. The addition of a dedicated mid-woofer also promotes an even more open, revealing and authentic sound in the critical midrange. Pairing this powerful trio with MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy across the frequency spectrum.
- Frequency Response: 40 ? 25,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Dispersion: 80 degrees x 80 degrees
- Sensitivity: 92 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms, Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 ohm rated amplifiers
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-300 watts per channel
- Corssover Frequency: 500 & 2,600 Hz
- Crossover Components: Precision Vojtko with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" x 1.4" (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" x 1.75" (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Mid Frequency Driver: 5.5" (14cm) aluminum cone in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dustcap reduces cone break-up.
- Low Frequency Driver: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) aluminum cone woofers in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dust caps reduce cone break-up.
- Binding Posts: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Spikes: Included MiniETC Spikes
- Weight: 49lbs (22.2kg) each
- Overall Dimensions (HxWxD): 42.5 x 7.6 x 12.8 (107.9cm x 19.2cm x 32.6cm)