Both compact and powerful, the Motion 4 compact bookshelf speakers feature a high-resolution Folded Motion® Tweeter, beautiful curvy aesthetics and a perfect blend of performance and functionality rarely seen in speakers at this price.
Complementing Motion's sonic accuracy is elegant yet understated styling. Flawless high-gloss, piano black finishes and subtle curves, along with our signature perforated grille, give Motion Series speakers an elegant and timeless look. Tower models feature a real-wood veneer finish and a stylish aesthetic certain to blend with any decor.
The curves also serve a purpose; they allow Motion compact bookshelves to mount at two different angles with the included wall bracket (or with aftermarket using 1/4 x 20" threaded insert). This means you can point sound directly toward the desired listening area for high or low wall mounting applications.
Motion 2/4, 6/8 & FX speakers feature convenient push-style speaker terminals and curved inserts help guide speaker wire effortlessly into place. The rubber end caps on the terminal are also removable for the use of banana plugs instead of bare wire. So simple, you'll actually enjoy hooking up these speakers.. Beauty and brains!
Folded Motion™ Cascading Bass Port
MartinLogan engineers were faced with a daunting task?create a compact speaker with low-end bass reproduction found in speakers much, much larger. After many sleepless night and a myriad of prototypes, they created the Folded Motion Cascading Bass Port. This brilliant solution allows a long tuned port, which is folded over itself (think of a trombone's tuning arm) to be compacted and squeezed into the Motion 4. The result is amazingly detailed low bass that can play at high volumes with minimum distortion?all thanks to the elegantly simple cascading fold that slows down and controls the air motion of the bass waves.
- Frequency Response: 70?25,000 Hz ?3dB
- Dispersion: 80? x 80?
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 ohm rated amplifiers
- Recommended Amplifier Power : 20-150 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 2900 Hz
- Crossover Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" ? 1.4" (2.6cm ? 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" ? 1.75" (13.3cm ? 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Driver: 4" (10.2cm) paper cone with stamped steel basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes. Folded bass reflex port.
- Binding Posts: Push style with banana jacks
- Weight: 6lbs. (3.2kg) each
- Overall Dimensions(HxWxD): 12.6 x 5.6 x 5.25 (32cm x 14.2cm x 13.3cm)