Motion 30 Center Channel Speaker
Inspired by MartinLogan's ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends their exquisite Folded Motion transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price. Although their engineers won't reveal exactly how they make the sausage, here are a few technologies that help give MartinLogan Motion Series such a unique sound.
Folded Motion Tweeter
Never settle. That's exactly what's on the minds of their engineers when they develop every MartinLogan speaker. Just take a look at the innovative Folded Motion Tweeter. This exotic tweeter—you know, similar to other tweeter technologies found on ultra-high-end speakers—helps gives Motion speakers their fantastically realistic highs. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (8-times that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) creates clear, highly dynamic and precise sound.
This is one sweet tweeter.
The Folded Motion Tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Motion 30 Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 65–25,000 Hz +/3dB
- Dispersion: 80-degrees x 80-degrees
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 400 & 2,600 Hz
- Crossover Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- High Frequency Transducer: 1" × 1.4" (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" × 1.75" (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Driver: Two 5.5” (14cm) aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Binding Posts: Custom 5-way tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 18lbs. (8.2kg) each
- Overall Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.9 x 16.5 x 10.5 (17.5cm x 42cm x 26.6cm)