Montis Electrostat Floorstanding Speaker
Introducing Montis, the latest evolution in the MartinLogan Reserve ESL Series. Following in the footsteps of MartinLogan's award-winning flagship hybrid ESL speaker, the Summit X, Montis blends legendary sound with sophisticated styling. Years in the making, the Montis builds on a number of unique MartinLogan manufacturing techniques and materials; XStat and AirFrame technologies, vacuum bonding, MicroPerf stators, a Curvilinear Line Source electrostatic transducer, dipole sound radiation, a low-distortion aluminum-cone woofer, advanced Vojtko filtering, a 24-bit Vojtko DSP engine, and 100-Hz level control.
Largest Hybrid XStat Transducer
- The electrostatic transducer used on the Montis is MartinLogan's largest hybrid electrostatic panel. This large panel size allowed their engineers to lower the crossover point to 340Hz, bringing more of the electrostatic clarity into the critical midrange frequencies.
- The XStat transducer features advanced MicroPerf stator technology giving the latest-generation CLS (Curvilinear Line Source) electrostatic transducer almost twice as much exposed diaphragm surface as a traditional electrostat of the same size. This dramatic increase in effective radiating area translates to the highest levels of efficiency and an effortless, unlimited dynamic presentation.
24-Bit Vojtko Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engine
- MartinLogan's dedicated in-house design and engineering team created an extremely precise 24-bit Vojtko DSP engine in conjunction with a powerful 200-watt class-D amplifier to deliver a stunningly detailed low-frequency performance reaching down to 29Hz—uncommon in cabinets this compact. DSP allows complete control and performance optimization over the low pass filters, woofer equalization and limiting functions, all of which are mapped mathematically in the digital domain. Additionally, integrated low-frequency equalization below 100Hz further enhances bass performance by allowing precise tailoring to adjust for individual room acoustics.
Advanced Vojtko Filtering
- Proprietary Vojtko filtering technology is utilized for Montis' electrostatic transducer. This audiophile quality network, derived from the CLX, is carefully hand-built using precision point-to-point wiring, polypropylene capacitors, massive air-core coils, and a custom wound toroidal audio transformer—flawlessly preserving micro-acoustic subtleties while effortlessly handling the broadest range of dynamics contained within even the most demanding sonic source.
- Frequency Response: 29-23,000 Hz +/ 3dB
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30 degrees
- Vertical Dispersion: 44" (112cm) line source
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat CLS electrostatic transducer
- Panel Dimensions: 44" x 11.3" (111.8 x 28.7cm)
- Radiating Area: 497" squared (3,209 cm squared)
- Low Frequency Transducer: 10" (25.4cm) cast basket, high excursion, aluminum cone with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
- Amplifier: Woofer: 200 watts/channel (4 ohms)
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 ohms, 0.52 at 20kHz. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-500 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 340Hz
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors. 24-bit DSP based pre-amplifier (used with woofer amplifier).
- Audio Controls: +/10 dB under 100 Hz
- Lighting: LED intensity control: on, dim, off
- Inputs: Custom 5-way binding posts
- Power Draw:
- Idle: <1W/channel
- Max: 200W/channel
- Weight: 58 lbs. (26.3 kg)
- Dimensions: 59.3" x 12.7" x 18" (150.5cm x 32.2cm x 45.7cm)