Marantz SR7013 9.2-Channel AV Receiver Overview
Today’s top home theater receivers have to be jacks of all trades – but only a few, such as Marantz’s new SR7013, have also mastered them. Designed to be the powerful, flexible centerpiece of the most sophisticated cinema systems, the SR7013 handles all your sources, wired or wireless, analog or digital, musical or theatrical, with equal ease. Every advanced video specification and object-oriented surround format, right up to IMAX, is supported. Stream your favorite online services or collections on home servers and portables with ease, via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and HEOS, and decode the highest-resolution audio files seamlessly. Talk to your favorite digital butler – Alexa, Siri or Google – to control a growing list of functions and “skills.” Set it up simply with on-screen menus and app control, and tune it all to your personal listening environment and tastes with the Audyssey Platinum software suite. And pump it all out powerfully to up to 11 speakers, with the kind of engineering genius that has been Marantz’s hallmark for more than 60 years. In short, whatever your AV needs, now or in the future, the SR7013 will handle them and deliver superior visual and acoustic performance.
- 9 discrete amplifier channels, each delivering a full 125 watts at 8 ohms continuously
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X and Auro-3D object-oriented, immersive surround formats; up to 11 surround channels with additional stereo amplifier
- Proprietary advanced HDAM circuitry with top-grade components for low distortion and high dynamic range
- New IMAX Enhanced technology for the highest standards in image, sound, scale and content
- Audyssey Platinum digital correction suite fine-tunes sound system for your specific listening room, environment and preferences
- 8 HDMI inputs (including one on front panel) and 3 outputs, all with HDCP2.2 support for full 4K with HDR, Dolby Vision and HLG enhancements
- Four assignable digital inputs (2 optical, 2 coaxial) plus full range of analog audio and video inputs for phono and legacy equipment
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, home media server and HEOS whole-house wireless streaming with app control and access to major online services (subscriptions may be required)
- Decodes most high-resolution music file formats, including FLAC, ALAC and WAV (up to 192kHz/24 bit) and DSD (up to 5.6MHz)
- Intelligent voice control with Amazon Alexa, plus support for Google Assistant, Apple’s Siri and Josh.ai home automation installations
- Built-in Setup Assistant with graphic interface, plus Marantz AVR 2016 Remote App for phone or tablet, for ease of installation and operation
- 4 Smart Select buttons store favorite sources, Internet Radio stations and preferred settings
- Dimensions: 17.3" wide x 7.3" high x 15.8" deep
- Weight: 31.1 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Nine-plus powerful channels
Nine discrete amplifiers power the SR7013’s 9.2 channels (the .2 are dual line-level subwoofer outputs). Each channel pumps out a distortion-free 125 watts across the audible frequency spectrum into 8 ohms, while driving lower-impedance speakers with stability, thanks to high-current transistors and custom components. An Eco Mode with on-screen meter conserves electricity by adjusting consumption based on signal level.
HDAM for hyper-clean sound
Instead of the off-the-shelf integrated circuits that drive most of today’s equipment, Marantz engineers designed their Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) circuitry in-house, using custom-selected discrete components, for improved dynamic range, wider soundstage and more detailed reproduction.
Surrounded by sound
The latest object-oriented surround formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D (plus DTS Virtual:X for height effects without height channels) conjure an immersive experience with the action all around, above and beyond, for a convincing cinematic experience. The SR7013 actually decodes 11.2 surround and sub channels, for those who happen to have an extra stereo amp lying around. Or you can operate up to three separate zones anywhere in the house.
The IMAX seal of approval
The SR7013 is one of the first premium products to be certified under the new IMAX Enhanced program, which sets stringent standards for image and sonic performance, as well as improving the movie mastering process, to better and more consistently recreate the theatrical experience in your own living room.
The Platinum difference
Different rooms, dimensions, speakers, sonic signatures – even different sofas. The SR7013 adjusts to every listening condition with the extensive Audyssey Platinum suite of digital correction systems. With MultiEQ XT32 and the included microphone, you sample measurements at multiple locations and the system tunes each channel to the room for frequency response, time domain and reflection differences. Dynamic Volume and EQ corrects in real time for wide volume variations so you can listen at lower levels with complete clarity. Low Frequency Containment delivers full, deep bass without shaking the neighbors awake. Sub EQ HT adjusts each of two subwoofers separately for better-defined bass lines. And the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app (available at additional cost for iOS and Android) lets you micro-tweak the settings for ultimate customization.
High-def HDMI hookups to spare
With 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs, the SR7013 is ready for the most complex video setups. All offer pass-through support for the highest quality enhancements, including HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 Pure Color, widescreen 21:9 ratio, BT.2020, and of course 4K Ultra HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Dolby Vision for today’s movies, and Hybrid Log Gamma for future broadcasts. Upscaling circuitry lifts both standard definition and 1080i high-def sources to near-4K quality.
Endlessly, wirelessly versatile
With dual-band Wi-Fi, audio-quality Bluetooth and Apple’s AirPlay 2, the SR7013 is ready to stream whatever you’ve got, from whatever devices or home server setup you have. And you get Denon/Marantz’s marvelous multi-room HEOS system built in, for app-based control of HEOS speakers in every room of the house and easy access to the full slate of celestial jukeboxes, including Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, Amazon Music, Tune-In, Deezer, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM and Rhapsody (subscriptions may be required).
Today’s music tracks aren’t limited to CD’s 16-bit, 44.1 kHz sampling rate. The SR7013 decodes the latest high-resolution audio files, including ALAC, FLAC and WAV up to 24 bit/192kHz, and DSD up to 5.6 MHz, along with the full range of formats (including MP3 and AAC) through both the front-panel USB port and wireless streaming.
Talk to me, baby
You have many ways to harness all this power and all these features. Of course, you get the usual remote control. Or you can download the Marantz 2016 AVR app for iOS and Android (yes, a couple years old but still completely relevant) for pad or phone control. Or just ask Alexa or one of her voice-control cohorts: The SR7013 supports Amazon’s intelligent assistant, plus a growing library of commands through competitors Apple Siri, Google Assistant and the whole-house custom automation system Josh.ai.
- DTS HD Master/DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- DTS Virtual:X
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround
- Auro 3D/Auromatic
- Multichannel stereo
- Maximum number of processing channels: 11.2
- Audyssey: MultiEQ XT32 with LFC/Sub EQ HT
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ/Dynamic Volume
- Compressed audio enhancer: MDAX2
- HEOS multi-room and streaming/Network audio streaming
- Lossy formats: Mp3/WMA/AAC
- Lossless formats: FLAC/ALAC/WAV
- FLAC HD 192/24/WAV 192/24/ALAC 192/24
- DSD audio streaming: Up to DSD5.6
- Gapless playback (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay 2
- Internet Radio (TuneIn)
- Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM
- Compatible with iOS and Android remote app
- 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution: HDCP 2.2
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Analog to HDMI scaling: 480i/576i up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI scaling: Up to 4K 60/50
- GUI overlay on HDMI
- HDR/HLG/Dolby Vision
- 3D signal passthrough
- HDMI passthrough in standby mode
- HEOS multi-room integrated
- Multi-room zones: 3
- Zone audio source: HDMI/Opt, Coax/Network, USB, Analog
- IP control/RS232 control/Web control/App control
- Composite In/Out: 3+1/1
- Component In/Out: 3/1
- HDMI In/Out: 7+1/3
- Analogue In: 5+1
- Phono MM In
- Digital In - Optical/Coaxial: 2/2
- Multi-room out - Analog: 2
- Multichannel pre-out: 11.2 RCA & 11.2 XLR
- Subwoofer out: 2 (independent)
- 7.1 multichannel input
- Number of poweramps: 9
- Number of speaker terminals: 11
- Power output (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.05% 2ch drive): 125W
- Power output (6 ohms, 1kHz, 10% 1ch drive): 235W
- Power consumption: 710W
- Standby consumption: 0.2W
- Dimensions: 17.3" x 15.8" x 7.3"
- Weight: 31.1 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- SR7013 9.2-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Customer Reviews for Marantz SR7013 9.2-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Amazon Alexa and HEOS
1 month ago
2 months ago