Marantz SR7009 Receiver Features:
- Seamless Dolby Atmos speaker integration for the ultimate cinema experience
- Connects wirelessly via WiFi and Bluetooth for audio streaming
- Optimize a home theater room's acoustics with Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- Listen to a variety of audio formats, including FLAC, WAV, MP3 and more
Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the Marantz SR7009 sets new standards for audio and video performance, and includes Dolby Atmos decoding, creating the ultimate theater sound experience right in your own home.
This Marantz AV receiver features the revolutionary Dolby Atmos system, which delivers the ultimate audio experience by expanding the soundstage via the use of overhead speakers (or with compatible Dolby Atmos speakers), allowing pinpoint imaging of every sound in the movie soundtrack to be precisely positioned in exactly the same way as found in a commercial Dolby Atmos theater.
Delivering 125 watts per channel, the SR7009 features 9 discrete high current power amplifier channels that are all rated to drive regular 8 ohm speakers and lower impedance 4 ohm speakers, and the SR7009 features multiple pre-amp outputs that let you connect external power amplifiers to drive additional speakers in the main room as well as drive more speakers elsewhere in the home.
This Marantz receiver has a video processing section that is their most advanced, with full 4K Ultra HD compatibility, including the ability to handle high frame rate 4K/60 Hz content and full 4K Ultra HD upscaling for HD sources and even SD sources. The SR7009's video processor also includes the full suite of ISF video calibration controls for studio quality video right in your home.
Marantz SR7009 4K AV Receiver Features:
- Introduced in premium cinemas in 2012, Dolby Atmos has become the de facto standard for enveloping and immersive motion picture sound, and features the ability to dramatically expand the dimensional sound experience through the use of multiple overhead loudspeakers that can be individually addressed, to allow pinpoint acoustical imaging at precise locations within the room. Since its introduction, Dolby Atmos has been embraced by award-winning directors, sound designers and soundtrack mixers, and many recent blockbuster movies feature soundtracks mastered in Dolby Atmos.
- Now, Marantz brings the Dolby Atmos experience home, featuring the ability to directly drive overhead speakers (1 or 2 pairs) as well as drive Dolby Atmos-compatible main speakers. With 9 assignable amplifier channels and additional pre-amp outputs for an additional stereo amp and speakers, you can enjoy immersive 11.2 channel Dolby Atmos surround sound in a number of configurations to suit your particular home theater space and speaker configuration.
- Auro-3D® is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. Providing a realistic sound experience unlike anything before by fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D® creates the sensation of actually ‘being there’. Thanks to a unique 'Height' channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener.
- Once upgraded with the Auro®- Codec Decoder, the SR7009 is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D® mix and playing back an Auro 10.1 channel configuration (including “Voice of God” channel). The Auro-3D® Upgrade can be purchased for $199.
Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio
- In addition to Dolby Atmos, the SR7009 features Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-Master Audio high resolution lossless audio formats found on Blu-ray discs. Along with these formats, the SR7009 also features support for additional sound decoders, including Dolby Pro Logic IIz and DTS Neo:X, which provide options for additional front height and/or wide speakers.
4K Ultra HD Video Processing
- Featuring an advanced video processing section, the SR7009 fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest generation HDMI specifications including 4K/60 and 4:4:4 full color resolution sub-sampling.
- The SR7009 can upscale 1080p content to 4K and also upscale and transcode HD and SD analog video sources, so you can connect modern as well as legacy video sources and run just a single HDMI cable to your flat panel TV or projector.
Advanced Wireless Networking with Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi
- Stream your favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the SR7009, thanks to the built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless functions. Equipped with dual Bluetooth/Wi-Fi antennas, the SR7009 lets you enjoy wireless streaming from your smartphone, tablet, and portable music player.
- Via the Wi-Fi connection to your home network, the SR7009 opens up a whole world of streaming audio capabilities, letting you listen to any of thousands of internet radio stations. You can also enjoy streaming music from subscription services including SiriusXM, Pandora, and Spotify Connect.
- The SR7009 is also equipped with Apple AirPlay®, so you can stream wirelessly from your iPod touch®, iPhone® and iPad®.
- You can connect the SR7009 directly to your home network via the wired RJ-45 LAN connection option, and there's a convenient front panel USB port for direct connection to your iPod®, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and portable USB devices.
8 HDMI Inputs, 3 HDMI Outputs
- Conforming to the latest HDMI and HDCP specifications, the SR7009 features 8 HDMI inputs (including a convenient HDMI input on the front panel), and there are 3 HDMI outputs, including dual HDMI outputs for the main room, which lets you send your selected source to a flat panel TV and a projector at the same time, with another HDMI input that lets you send another source to another room.
Audyssey Platinum Suite
- With Audyssey MultEQ XT32, you can quickly and easily measure and configure your particular home theater setup for optimum sound quality precisely tailored to your home theater room's acoustics. With 8 measurement points, MultEQ XT32 generates a full set of precision digital filters to deliver the most accurate and natural tonal balance. The SR7009 is also Audyssey Installer Pro ready for even more acoustical calibration accuracy.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume tames large variances in volume levels (such as loud commercials), and Dynamic EQ delivers a full range tonal balance at any volume level. Audyssey LFC (Low Frequency Containment) uses advanced psycho-acoustic algorithms to provide deep bass without annoying neighbors or other family members. Audyssey DSX provides dynamic sound expansion, dramatically expanding the front soundstage via additional front wide, front height or even front wide and front height audio channels.
Exclusive HDAM Technology and Current Feedback
- Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on Marantz Reference Series components, the SR7009 incorporates multiple HDAM modules in the pre-amp stage, which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats.
- In addition to HDAM technology, the SR7009 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on their very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Multiple Audio File Formats Supported including HD Audio
- The SR7009 supports a wide range of audio file types, including MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA and AIFF, and it also supports high definition audio tracks including FLAC 24 bit/192 kHz, DSD and ALAC formats, and includes gapless playback capability with many file types for uninterrupted listening enjoyment.
Elevated User Experience
- You can opt to control the SR7009 any number of ways, including via the supplied remote control, as well as using your favorite smart device with the newly re-designed Marantz smart app, which is available in iOS® and Android® versions. There's also the option of direct control via your computer or laptop via their web interface, and there's an RS-232C serial port for direct connection to an external home automation system.
Powerful DSP Audio Processing
- In order to properly handle the multitude of advanced digital audio decoding and processing functions, the SR7009 features an advanced DSP audio processing system that incorporates no less than 4 powerful high speed fourth generation SHARC DSP processors, which together have a combined continuous processing capability of 10 GFLOPS (10 billion floating point numerical computations per second).
3 Zone/3 Source Advanced Multi-room Capability
- With the SR7009's advance multi-room functions, you can enjoy a thrilling surround sound experience in the main room, while others can enjoy a different program in a second room via the additional HDMI 2nd zone output, and even have a third audio source playback in another room.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in their lives, the CDSR7009 carries on Marantz's long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.