Marantz SR7008 9.2 Channel Home Theater Networking Receiver with Apple AirPlay
Experience thrilling surround sound with the Marantz SR7008 9.2 Network Home Theater Receiver, which features the latest audio decoders, including Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X which let you connect front height and wide speakers for a dramatically expanded front soundstage. Once connected to your home network, youll enjoy a whole world of music listening, from thousands of internet radio stations from subscription streaming services including SiriusXM, Pandora and Spotify. Prepared for the future, the SR7008 features a sophisticated video processor that upscales SD (standard definition) to 1080p HD (high definition), and it is also compatible with 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) sources and 4K Ultra HD displays.
Marantz SR7008 Home Theater Networking Receiver Features:
High Power, High Quality 9 Channel Power Amplifier Design
- Rated at 125 watts into 8 ohms for each of the 9 channels, the SR7008 provides high power and wide dynamic range, and all 9 power amplifier channels feature discrete high current power output devices for compatibility with the widest range of speakers, including lower impedance models.
Exclusive HDAM Technology and Current Feedback
- Featuring technology derived from our Reference Series components, the SR7008 incorporates our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) system, which combines ultra fast slew rate and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with todays high resolution audio formats.
- The SR7008 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior audio fidelity.
Front Height and Wide Speakers
- In addition to the latest high resolution audio decoders, the SR7008 is equipped with Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X decoders, which let you connect front height and wide speakers for an incredibly immersive surround experience with a dramatically expanded front soundstage.
Full Range of Network Sources
- The SR7008 lets you enjoy a broad range of music streaming content from thousands of internet radio stations via streaming music services including SiriusXM, Pandora and Spotify (subscriptions required). The SR7008 is also DLNA 1.5 and Windows 8/RT compatible, letting you access audio content from your PC or Windows tablet via your home network.
7 HDMI Inputs; 3 HDMI Outputs; 1080p Upconversion and 4K Ultra HD; HDMI Standby Pass-through; InstaPrevue
- There are 7 HDMI inputs (including 1 conveniently located on the front panel) so you can connect a broad range of source components. All HDMI inputs are 3D and 4K Ultra HD compatible. There are dual main HDMI outputs for the home theater room, which lets you connect a flat screen TV and a video front projector. A third HDMI output lets you send a different program to another room. HDMI Standby Pass-through lets you enjoy casual programs on your TV via your TVs speakers when the SR7008 is in standby mode. With the InstaPrevue feature, you can see your connected HDMI sources simultaneously in multiple picture windows.
Wide Range of Configuration Options
- You can setup the SR7008 for a number of speaker configurations including adding front height and wide speakers. You can also configure it for 5 channel operation in the main room, and connect a pair of speakers located in two other rooms, which lets you enjoy movie and music surround sound in the main room, while others enjoy different digital audio sources in other rooms.
- The SR7008 includes AirPlay which lets you stream music from your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad and it also lets you access your iTunes content on your PC or Mac via your home network.
Broad Range of Audyssey Technologies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 provides automatic room acoustic measurement and correction by analyzing the sound from all of the speakers and subwoofers, generating precision digital filters for each channel for the smoothest, most natural tonal balance, even if the speakers are different brands and models.Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides real-time acoustic compensation that provides a smooth, natural tonal balance at any listening level, and Audyssey Dynamic Volume tames overly loud jumps in sound level, such as commercials, for enjoyable listening even at reduced volume levels.Audyssey LFC (Low Frequency Containment) uses proprietary advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to generate a fuller-sounding tonal range, but with substantially reduced subwoofer output for late-night listening without bothersome deep bass leaking into adjacent rooms.
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual correction for dual subwoofer setups, and the SR7008 is Audyssey Installer Pro ready.
Easy of Setup and Easy of Use
- With the on-screen graphical display that combines large, clear text and colorful icons and the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings during setup, to quickly and easily optimize the SR7008 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment.The multi-way speaker connections on the rear panel are banana plug compatible and theyre color-coded for quick and easy connection, and the supplied color-coded speaker cable labels ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time.The easy to use remote control features discrete source selection buttons that let you instantly choose your preferred source at the touch of a button.
Wide Range of Control Options
- Along with the supplied remote control, the SR7008 lets you easily control the SR7008 with your favorite iOS or Android smartphone or tablet via the available Marantz Remote App and the SR7008 also features an RS-232C serial port for connection to an automated home control system, as well as I/P control via the RJ-45 LAN port.
Front Panel USB Input
- The SR7008 features a convenient front panel USB port that supports digital music playback and charging from an iPod, iPhone, iPad, and playback from a USB device.
M-DAX Dynamic Audio Expander
- The exclusive Marantz M-DAX Dynamic Audio Expander function breathes new life into compressed music sources such as MP3 tracks, for a more vivid, dynamic listening experience.
Optional RX-101 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
- Add the optional RX-101 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter which lets you enjoy streaming music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-equipped smartphone or tablet.
Marantz SR7008 Home Theater Networking Receiver Features:
Multi Channel Surround
- Number of Channels: 9.2 Channels
- Audyssey: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Sub EQHT, LFC, Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume
- DTS: DTS HD Master Audio, HD High Resolution, ES Discrete/Matrix, Neo:6, 96/24
- Dolby: Dolby TrueHD, Digital, Digital Plus, Pro Logic IIz, EX
- DSD(SA-CD): Yes
- SRS: No
- Current Feedback Topology: Preamplifier Stage
- Discrete Amplification: Yes
- Power Transformer: EI Core
- D/A Conversion: 192kHz/24-Bit
- Digital Signal Processing: Analog Devices ADSP21487
- Video Off (Pure Direct): Yes
- Source Direct: Yes
- Chassis: Full Size
- Variable X-over: Yes
- Video Up-conversion: Yes (Analog Composite/Component Video to HDMI)
- Auto Calibration by MIC: Audyssey MultEQ XT
- Satellite Radio Ready: No
- AM/FM Tuner: AM/FM
- Bass Redirection: Yes
- Lip-sync (digital audio delay): Yes
- Software Upgradable: Yes (via Internet)
- HDMI In: 7 (including front HDMI input)
- Component In: 3
- S-Video In: No
- Composite In: 4
- HDMI Out: 3
- Component Out: 1
- S-Video Out: No
- Composite Out: 2
- Analog L&R In: 5
- Analog L&R Out: No
- Digital Optical In: 2
- Digital Coaxial In: 2
- Digital Optical Out: No
- Digital Coaxial Out: No
- Other: No
- Pre-Amplifier Out: 11.2
- Main Amplifier In: No
- Multi-Channel In: 7.1
- Multi-Room Audio Out: Zone 2 / Zone 3 (Variable)
- Multi-Room Video Out: HDMI, Component (Selectable), Composite
- Multi-Room Speaker Out: Yes (Selectable)
- Speaker A/B: Yes (Selectable)
- Networking: AirPlay, DLNA 1.5 certified Audio/Photo Streaming, Internet Radio, Streaming service capability (Pandora/Spotify/SiriusXM/flickr)
- SetUp Wizard: Yes (Setup Assistant)
- External control: IP / RS-232C
- DC Triggers: 2
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: Yes
- Flasher In: 1
- Front Panel A/V Inputs: Front HDMI, USB, Analog
- Headphone Out: 1
- Power Output: 125W (0.08% @ 8 Ohm), 165W (0.7% @ 6 Ohm)
- S/N Ratio: 102dB
- Freq. Response (Analog In): 10Hz - 100kHz (+/- 3 dB)
- Freq. Response (Dig In): No
- Video Freq. Response (Component): 5Hz - 60MHz
- Video Freq. Response (Composit, S-Video): 5Hz - 10MHz
- Signal to Noise: No
- Frequency Range: 87.5 - 107.9MHz
- S/N Ratio (Mono/Stereo): 70/67 dB
- Frequency Range: 520 - 1710kHz
- S/N Ratio: No
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Glass-reinforced resin
- Remote Control: Simple
- Power Requirement: AC120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 710W (Standby 0.2W)
- Dimensions W x H x D (Inches): 17.3" x 7.4" x 16"
- Weight (lbs): 27 lbs, 9 oz