Our take on the Marantz 8005
The Marantz SA8005 uses exclusive HDAM technology to deliver the most detailed musical reproduction. This CD player comes with a fully discrete headphone amplifier, allowing you to have an amazing personal audio experience with high fidelity natural sound.
SA8005 Super Audio CD Player and DAC
For the ultimate music listening experience, the Marantz SA8005 Super Audio CD player incorporates a host of exclusive technologies from our reference class players, including discrete HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which provide wide bandwidth and high slew rate for the utmost musical fidelity. In addition to SACD and CD playback, the SA8005 also features multiple playback options from a range of other digital audio sources, including iPod and iPhone devices, as well as the ability to play back digital audio files from a PC, via the included asynchronous USB-B port.
The rugged chassis features a dual layer bottom plate for high rigidity and freedom from vibration-induced distortion, and the center mounted disc drive features its own isolated sub-chassis that provides further vibration protection. Equipped with the reference-class high current CS4398 digital-to-analog converter, the SA8005 also features optical and digital audio inputs that let you use the player as a standalone D/A converter with your other digital audio sources. The front panel USB-A port lets you connect your favorite portable audio device, and is compatible with iPod, iPod touch and iPhone sources. The rear panel USB-B port lets you connect your home PC to play back digital audio files, including high resolution PCM and DSD tracks.
Marantz HDAM Technology
- Instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits, the SA8005 is equipped with our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology. These discrete circuit elements feature wide-band response along with high slew rate, to deliver the most nuanced and detailed musical reproduction, and are ideally suited for today's high resolution wide-band digital audio sources.
High Resolution D/A Conversion
- Featuring the reference-class high current CS4398 D/A converter, the SA8005 can accept a wide range of digital audio source types, including Super Audio CD Direct Stream Digital content at 2.8 and 5.6 MHz, along with linear PCM up to 24 bits and 192 kHz. The analog audio sections feature HDAM technologies for the purest audio reproduction. The DAC section features dual clock synchronization for optimum signal decoding, and can also decode MP3 and WMA digital audio formats.
- You can use the SA8005 as a stand-alone digital-to-analog converter, thanks to the inclusion of both coaxial and optical digital audio inputs. You can also connect your favorite portable audio device, via the convenient front panel USB port, and the SA8005 is compatible with the iPod, iPod touch and iPhone. The rear panel asynchronous high speed USB-B port lets you connect your home PC to the SA8005, so you can enjoy superb sound quality from your favorite PCM and DSD high resolution tracks stored on your computer. The USB-B port also features our unique ground isolator circuit design that prevents PC-originated ground plane noise transfer.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- For the most enjoyable personal audio experience, connect your favorite headphones to the SA8005 and listen to the highest fidelity natural sound, thanks to our fully discrete headphone amplifier circuitry. With discrete circuit headphone amplifier topology, the SA8005 delivers superb personal listening, featuring wide-band response, tremendous dynamic range against a virtually noiseless background, and there's a convenient front panel headphone volume control.
High Current Toroidal Power Transformer
- For the most stable DC supply to the various circuit stages, the SA8005 is equipped with a high current toroidal power transformer, and features separate rectifier stages for the analog and digital sections to prevent mutual interference.
Elegant System Remote Control
- The ergonomically designed remote control includes additional control functionality that lets you operate the matching Marantz PM8005 integrated stereo amplifier as well as our network audio component. The SA8005 also features remote control input and output ports for additional remote control connectivity.
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Playback Formats: Disc: SA-CD, CD, CD-R/RW(CD-DA/MP3/WMA, AAC), USB-A: MP3/WMA/WAV/AAC/iPod/iPhone/iPad, USB-B: PCM up to 192kHz/24bit, DSD 2.8 & 5.6 Mhz
- HDAM: HDAM + HDAM-SA2
- Power Transformer: Toroidal
- Audio DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398
- Analog L&R Out: 1 (Variable/Fixed Selectable)
- Headphone Out: 1 (with Level)
- Digital Out: Coax: 1, Opt: 1
- Digital In: Coax: 1, Opt: 1
- Other In/Out: USB-A: 1(Front), USB-B: 1(Rear)
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1/1
- Format: 1-Bit DSD
- Sampling Frequency: 2.8224MHz
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB (Audible range)
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz – 60 kHz (–3 dB)
- THD: 0.0012 % (1 kHz, Audible range)
- CD Audio
- THD: 0.0018 % (1 kHz)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 101dB
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz – 20 kHz (±0.5 dB)
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced resin
- Remote Control: Device Remote with Marantz Amp. Basic Control Function
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 29W (Standby: 0.2W)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.3" x 4.2" x 13.43"
- Weight: 17.64 lbs